Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I just kind of don't care anymore.

I see flashes of stuff, but nothing that makes me think wow.

I'm more impressed with Archer, mainly because Archer doesn't seem to have a bellend of an agent who is looking for a payday at his expense.

Sign or don't sign, whatever.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Only 2 starts he has just turned 18 playing centre midfield. What do you honestly expect from him at this age? Stupid answer is obviously Jude Bellingham who is a once in a generation talent

Grealish was nearly 20 when he made his first start so was hardly ripping it up at same age

I dont think anyone has said bellingham? And bellingham was playing in the championship which is a much lower standard. Im sure chuck would be outstanding in the championship.

But to answer your question i would just like to see something.  I dont really see him making much impact or contributing much espically in last few games. That game vs spurs he looked fantastic but hasnt shown anything like that consistently so far.

Im just so fed up of him not making his intentions clear. Either stay or go

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think anyone has said bellingham? And bellingham was playing in the championship which is a much lower standard. Im sure chuck would be outstanding in the championship.

But to answer your question i would just like to see something.  I dont really see him making much impact or contributing much espically in last few games. That game vs spurs he looked fantastic but hasnt shown anything like that consistently so far.

Im just so fed up of him not making his intentions clear. Either stay or go

He is 18 years old and you want him to be consistent 😂 give it a break 

Assist vs Norwich, played well vs United. Nearly scored vs City and Spurs and did ok in the cup game vs Chelsea. Again what more are you expecting him to do.

Dominate games because its what 18 year olds dont really do. What was KDB or Modric doing at 18

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im just so fed up of him not making his intentions clear. Either stay or go

But why? 

Fed up for you personally not knowing and the papers not knowing and not being able to tell you, that doesn't mean that purslow and Gerrard don't know, doesn't mean the player doesn't know, there's always work going on* and the club don't have to tell us a thing let alone everything 

What happens will happen, trust the management of the club to do the right thing all round 

Said many times I think he'll sign once we've done our business this summer and the average wage of the squad increases, football inflation will mean he's in a better position to get paid more

* waiting for next season when we haven't signed a superstar player and have another poor year and the accusation comes out that purslow was too busy negotiating with chuk and missed out on signing Messi

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He is 18 years old and you want him to be consistent 😂 give it a break 

Assist vs Norwich, played well vs United. Nearly scored vs City and Spurs and did ok in the cup game vs Chelsea. Again what more are you expecting him to do.

Dominate games because its what 18 year olds dont really do. What was KDB or Modric doing at 18

Yes asking a young player to be consistent more than one game isnt asking much zatman. All the top young players do

You have mentioned four games and one of them was last season 😂

What was rooney doing at 17 on that basis? Or JT? How about michael owen? Dont make out as if it doesnt happen 

I don’t get the criticism that the lad is getting, if he was featuring as often as JJ is and not signing a contract then I can understand, but there is a big game of cat and mouse going on between the player and the club.

He doesn’t seem like trouble, if it happens it happens. He obviously wants assurances over game time and with only one start and a couple of substitute appearances since January, I have to be honest when I say that I understand his reservations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But why? 

Fed up for you personally not knowing and the papers not knowing and not being able to tell you, that doesn't mean that purslow and Gerrard don't know, doesn't mean the player doesn't know, there's always work going on* and the club don't have to tell us a thing let alone everything 

What happens will happen, trust the management of the club to do the right thing all round 

Said many times I think he'll sign once we've done our business this summer and the average wage of the squad increases, football inflation will mean he's in a better position to get paid more

* waiting for next season when we haven't signed a superstar player and have another poor year and the accusation comes out that purslow was too busy negotiating with chuk and missed out on signing Messi

Fed up because uts a) boring b) meaning the club doesnt know whether to cash in on him or not c) have youngsters like timmy who have commited d) JJ a perfect example knuckled down and made the postion his.

Instead carneys rejected the contracts and when given opportunities has not really shown that he is ready to be 1st choice or given more game time

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes asking a young player to be consistent more than one game isnt asking much zatman. All the top young players do

What was rooney doing at 17 on that basis? Or JT? How about michael owen? Dont make out as if it doesnt happen 

They all play different positions but Owen and Rooney were elite talents who burned out too early from the pressure put on them by fans and media

Terry wasnt really doing much at that age and didnt become a starter until he was 22. Lampard was being hounded out by West Ham fans 

I think you have a little too high expectations for a teenager which is your fault not Carneys

Edited by Zatman

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fed up because uts a) boring b) meaning the club doesnt know whether to cash in on him or not c) have youngsters like timmy who have commited d) JJ a perfect example knuckled down and made the postion his.

Instead carneys rejected the contracts and when given opportunities has not really shown that he is ready to be 1st choice or given more game time

A - ignore it then, its not that much of a story

B - then we've failed in managing the club, that won't be the case, we will know what to do we just haven't said it

C - he's the benchmark but I don't think his wage has been declared, neither has chuks demands or our offer to chuk, that would be interesting to know

D - there's nothing to suggest chuk isnt doing the same in training every day, he could be in the gym right now with a PT trying to bulk up because that's what Gerrard asked of him, his work tate and effort being questioned is weird and unfair 

We don't know why he is rejecting the contract, agree he's not ready to be first choice it's clear but the idea that he's rejecting the contract because he wants to be first choice wheres that come from? Not the player or the manager, even the idea that he wants assurances over playing time is from twitter ITKs, never been said by the player or the manager 

Just now, Zatman said:

They all play different positions but Owen and Rooney were elite talents who burned out too early from the pressure put on them by fans and media

Terry wasnt really doing much at that age and didnt become a starter until he was 22. Lampard was being hounded out by West Ham fans 

I think you have a little too high expectations for a teenager

People haven't a clue how to judge a player, that is why we have to put our trust in the managers and scouts. And Chuk is lauded by them. Starting out as a pro can be a slow process, can take 30-40 games to start making a serious impact.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think you have a little too high expectations for a teenager which is your fault not Carneys

Uli dont think i have high expectations at all. I havent said he needs to be getying assists each week or score goals. Just to see something on the pitch most weeks. The more recent games it feels like he has been a passenger. 

My point is he hasnt warranted a starting spot so im behind your mate gerrards decision with the amount of starts he has been given. He was given a start recently and didnt take the opportunity. Thats not tk say he wont get better, just that IF he thinks he should be a automatic starter than i don't agree right now

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's Arsenal today. His agnet has been a busy boy.

That's a rehash from a Spanish sports site called Sport

Couldn't see it on their website but they do have the barca story so I clicked on that 

"the youngster is also wanted by arsenal" 

That is it... Absolute non story, nothing in it apart from a Spanish journo casually chucking out a one liner linking him to arsenal 

They're all words removed and it's silly season for them 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it’s outrageous that you are expecting him to be Rooney or Owen lol,  I remember a few posters in here impatient and wanted JJ to bugger off on loan how did that turn out? 

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think it’s outrageous that you are expecting him to be Rooney to Owen lol,  I remember a few posters in here impatient and want JJ to bugger off on loan how did that turn out? 

I think he was one of the posters :D 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Like Ramsey last season, I'm not quite seeing it with this lad atm. It does feel like he has ideas above his station, but I don't know the lad so could just be agents being agents. I hope he stays and kicks on next season just like Ramsey did. 

Yes I think he will improve in 12-18 months time he could be something very special. Hopefully in a Villa shirt.

Edited by The Fun Factory

He’ll no doubt be offered a contract that the club feel he’s worth.

If he leaves, then he leaves.

If he stays, he stays.

Nothing I’ve seen suggests that he’s an irreplaceable generational talent.  Maybe that will come, maybe not.  

Regardless, our board have shown that we are ready to mix it with the big boys when it comes to signing talent now, so I couldn’t give two shits about an 18yr old who might be posturing for the best contract he can get.

If he leaves, then clearly he wasn’t as good as we thought he was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Completely agree lexi. Im sure he has potential but he hasnt showed hardly anything into comparison to when grealish was breaking through.

If he stays great, if he leaves i wont lose sleep over it.

Same.

What I can't understand is that he has a great example of what's possible for a young player at the club with Ramsey's breakthrough, development and establishment of himself as a first teamer.

I'm getting shades of Odegaard with it all, tbh - wouldn't surprise me to see him get his move and then stall for a few years due to a bad decision. 

Â