Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Uh...  What?

JJ arguably looked worse during his first few cameos than Carney has...  Hell, Grealish looked completely lost at times for us until he was ~21.  For a 17 year old kid thrown into the deep end of the Premier League, Carney has looked promising enough.  He's almost scored on a few occasions as well.  

Well we see different things. I have seen nothing from Chuck in the first team that even vaguely compares with what Jack or JJ showed when they got their first team chances as teenagers. Youth team he has been sensational of course.

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Well we see different things. I have seen nothing from Chuck in the first team that even vaguely compares with what Jack or JJ showed when they got their first team chances as teenagers. Youth team he has been sensational of course.

Its like watching 2 totally different players comparing Youth Cup Carney and Prem League Carney. 

At youth level he has an arrogance and ease about his play. At Prem level he currently looks a little lost and unwilling / unable to let loose and show his skillset. 

It might be that Gerrard is asking him to play it simple . Who knows. But without his confidence and playing style in full effect you are left with a player who doesnt have the game understanding as yet to be a vital cog. 

It is what happens alot as they havent had to learn that side of the game as their ability on the ball is all thats needed at youth level. 

If you compare JJ and Carney i agree JJ didnt look anything special at first.  But his game understanding was huge. Deano could trust him immediately to go out and stick to the plan he had for him. 

At the moment from the limited knowledge of football that i have it seems Carney doesnt have that understanding at this precise moment in time 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

if he'd have already signed a new contract, or intimated that he would, then most would be just picking out the positives. As he hasn't, or may not, then many will just look for the negatives. I hope he stays because I think every player should want to play for Villa, and every man woman and child should want to support Villa. I genuinely look down my nose at anyone that decides to support Small heath when they know we're in the same city - they are clearly of such low intelligence they need help. However, the reality isn't like that. If he goes, he goes. For every Bellingham where the move works out there's literally thousands of Crowley's where it doesn't. Stay/go - we'll survive. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He's playing against grown men. Not just any grown men, grown men in the fittest, strongest, fastest league in the world. There are other grown men who come from other leagues who struggle to cope with the physical demands of the league. Of course he isn't going to be his free flowing self. The fact that he's able to hold his own is very promising, just like JJ 2 seasons ago. It can't be understated what an achievement that is. JJ had 2 years on Carney as well!

Easy to forget that deano purposefully targeted Saul as the weak link in the Chelsea team early in the season and he had to be subbed at half time because we terrorised him 

That would be 27 year old la liga winner, EL winner, CL runner up, Spanish international Saul who won't be getting his £60m move to Chelsea this summer cos I think he still has PTSD

And our midfield of Sanson and Nakamba 

Edit - I'll throw in another one, fabinho vs us 3 weeks ago... Have you seen chuk play as bad as fabinho did vs us before he cried off "injured"? That's 28 year old Brazilian international who has 100+ PL games under his belt, won it all and is in line to play in another CL final in 2 days time, and the answer is no, chuk hasn't played that bad 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, KMitch said:

Still baffled by all the comments on his attitude and burning bridges with the club...  None of us actually know what is going on behind the scenes or what Carney is actually like.  

we know a contract is on the table (because gerrard said so)

we also know that it has not yet been signed (because we'd have been told)

so, on the contrary, we kinda do know what's going on

14 hours ago, lexicon said:

He needs to get real tbh - it feels like he's crossed the line from 'backing himself' into the territory of delusion. He has a lot to learn and has not showed us enough in his cameos to justify a start yet - which make sense given his age - I just don't understand why he seems to be in such a rush with his career. 

Obviously he has been tapped up by other clubs. I'm sure his agent or Dad or who ever has been contacted by 10+ clubs telling them that they are the best place for him. He clearly has the talent and when you're 18 and you have offers left right and center i'd imagine its very hard to decide what to do. You don't want to look back at your career and what could have been. 

Also he may also see himself he's not good enough to start for us, and that might make him think he's better off at Dortmund or Ajax or Fulham. 

Edited by villa89

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we know a contract is on the table (because gerrard said so)

we also know that it has not yet been signed (because we'd have been told)

so, on the contrary, we kinda do know what's going on

We know what

We don't know why

And its the why that has people jumping to conclusions about his personality and demands, not a single one of us knows a number from either party for example (apart from some wishy washy itk bollocks) yet some are saying he's asking for too much 

4 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

This situation is all a bit tiresome. I hope it works out for Chuk whatever way he goes - he is certainly spending a lot of time thinking about it.

well if he leaves I hope it doesn't work out for him. That's just pure spite obviously. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Edit - I'll throw in another one, fabinho vs us 3 weeks ago... Have you seen chuk play as bad as fabinho did vs us before he cried off "injured"? That's 28 year old Brazilian international who has 100+ PL games under his belt, won it all and is in line to play in another CL final in 2 days time, and the answer is no, chuk hasn't played that bad 

Did he really cry off injured? He has missed the last 3 games and is a doubt for the Champions League final 

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he hasnt signed by pre season cash in.

This sagas gone on long enough. 

This. He either buys into the project and his pathway to the first team or doesn't. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Did he really cry off injured? He has missed the last 3 games and is a doubt for the Champions League final 

I'm sure he was likely carrying a niggle, but he proper shit the bed like a 4 year old girl in that game it was embarrassing. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lexicon said:

This. He either buys into the project and his pathway to the first team or doesn't. 

Completely agree lexi. Im sure he has potential but he hasnt showed hardly anything into comparison to when grealish was breaking through.

If he stays great, if he leaves i wont lose sleep over it.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Completely agree lexi. Im sure he has potential but he hasnt showed hardly anything into comparison to when grealish was breaking through.

If he stays great, if he leaves i wont lose sleep over it.

He has played about 15 more times for Villa than Grealish has at the same age. Grealish hadnt even debuted yet

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He has played about 15 more times for Villa than Grealish has at the same age. Grealish hadnt even debuted yet

Carneys played that many tikes for us already?? Makes it even more meh then for me

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Carneys played that many tikes for us already?? Makes it even more meh then for me

Only 2 starts he has just turned 18 playing centre midfield. What do you honestly expect from him at this age? Stupid answer is obviously Jude Bellingham who is a once in a generation talent

Grealish was nearly 20 when he made his first start so was hardly ripping it up at same age

• Like 1

Â