Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Please read pages 63/64/65 from the Ramsey thread. People writing him off at the end of his first season. We all said he then needed to go on loan this season. He won players player of the season and young player of the season.

Remember he had a loan the season prior to last season. He was a year older than Chuk last season too. So people need to just be patient and let him develop 

Ramsey has only improved because he's played.

Carney won't be starting 90% of league games next season like Ramsey has.

Playing in a first team somewhere > Playing reserve football > Playing 10 mins of first team football here and there.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Playing in a first team somewhere > Playing reserve football > Playing 10 mins of first team football here and there.

Well he's had lots of time off the bench this season I'm sure he'll get more game time next season with 5 subs. Plus we'll hopefully have better runs in the cups too. He's only 18, what's the big rush?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

To be fair to JJ, he earned the right to play and built up his game time. 18 year old kids don’t generally get extended runs in the first team straight away. Chuck is talented but he will take time to develop, the situation with his contract isn’t helping really. He wants game time and that’s fair enough, but he has to do more than just want it. Time on the pitch is earned at the training ground and by taking first team chances when they arise. 

We don’t really know the details of his contract negotiations or how he trains. But you’d assume he trains well and there are some positives in the negotiations or he wouldn’t be getting game time at all. 

I actually think last night was good for CC in several ways.

Firstly it shows that the manager has faith in him and wants him to part of the club.

Secondly, his ‘lacklustre’ showing may be a reality check for him on his current ability and point where is best for him to be, learning his trade. 

CC is still very young and his talent is clear to see but very raw.

I am hopeful, with his recent involvement is an indication he’s willing to commit his future to us.

If he does, I see no harm in loaning him out to a Championship or League One team (MK Dons, Preston and Swindon (L2) have been good for other young players!) 

One thing for sure is hopefully it is resolved one way or the other quickly before the new season starts. 

• Like 1

Let's be honest, if he thinks he's hot shit and wants to leave, on the basis of what we've seen on pitch recently I'd sooner let him go than bend over backwards to keep him. He may be talented but we have other kids who would be glad of the opportunity he's been given with the first team, not least of all JJ's younger brothers, Tim Iroeg, JPB, Raikhy, Barry, Brad Young, even Carney's brother (if he can be called a kid).

Reality will soon strike home that we don't have the space to blood them all at the same time, and for me, any of the above could end up having successful careers, so if Carney's still refusing to sign the deal then I'd honestly be opening the front door for him at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

How are you going to know what his drive and determination is? You want him running around like McGinn or Buendia is it? Because then visually you can see "look at his determination". 

Drive and determination are seen on the training pitch. Week in week out. The Gym, the extra training. Arriving early. 

Just moving would be a start. I’m not knocking the kid but he has a long way to go. I’m just trying to give a balanced few. It’s clear he has ability on the ball but needs to improve other aspects of his game, like when he’s not on the ball, his movement, his positioning, when to go and not to go, tackling, reading the game, finding space etc. It doesn’t help that some of our fans are overhyping him based on youth football. Even at youth football I thought he was poor off the ball but came alive when he had it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Well he's had lots of time off the bench this season I'm sure he'll get more game time next season with 5 subs. Plus we'll hopefully have better runs in the cups too. He's only 18, what's the big rush?

I think the big rush is not the club, but Chukweumeka himself and his advisors with the contract situation. We are trying to shoehorn him into the team when he clearly not up to the job at this stage.

There was another young hotshot who was trying to hold us to ransom regarding playing time; I cannot remember his name or what happened to him?

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I actually think last night was good for CC in several ways.

Firstly it shows that the manager has faith in him and wants him to part of the club.

Secondly, his ‘lacklustre’ showing may be a reality check for him on his current ability and point where is best for him to be, learning his trade. 

CC is still very young and his talent is clear to see but very raw.

I am hopeful, with his recent involvement is an indication he’s willing to commit his future to us.

If he does, I see no harm in loaning him out to a Championship or League One team (MK Dons, Preston and Swindon (L2) have been good for other young players!) 

One thing for sure is hopefully it is resolved one way or the other quickly before the new season starts. 

Has he not had a loan? I am surprised he has not been sent out on loan already to see how good he would be, or otherwise,  with a lot of playing time at a decent level.

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Has he not had a loan? I am surprised he has not been sent out on loan already to see how good he would be, or otherwise,  with a lot of playing time at a decent level.

His brother is out on loan at Livingstone but Carney hasn’t (yet) as far I recall.

He’s only 18 and has been kept alongside the first team training to develop him. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

As I don't go to games now nor watch the youth team perhaps I was influenced by the hype by some and therefore I was expecting some kind of wonder kid, in Bellingham type performances.

OK, let's work on him in the summer and give him more exposure 

Unfair on him

Maybe because he's from down the road or maybe because no one watched them lot down the road but watching dortmund this year every time I've seen Bellingham he's proper class, as in best player in the world for his age class, before he's 21 he could be a £100m player

If chuks half as good as Bellingham he'll have a decent career

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Unfair on him

Maybe because he's from down the road or maybe because no one watched them lot down the road but watching dortmund this year every time I've seen Bellingham he's proper class, as in best player in the world for his age class, before he's 21 he could be a £100m player

I don't think Chuk is on Bellinghams' level tbh, as much as we all would like him to be.

People are being way overly harsh on his performance last night, it was only his second ever start, he's played just over three games worth of Premier League football in total, so of course he's going to have ups and downs, when you look at what he's done in total at first team level in the very little game time he's had and at such a young age you can see why he's so highly rated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Unfair on him

Well I did say "perhaps".

Thing is, now we do see teenagers make a big impact despite their young age, hence me using Bellingham as a reference - not a direct comparison. 

Teenagers sensations are still quite rare...Rooney, Owen, Anelka spring to my mind but I am all for being patient with chuck as long as he shows some too.

You make my point for me, people haven't got a clue what's going on with his contract sitution yet still accuse him of this and that,  as if he they know what he's thinking, giving him a bad name with no evidence whatsoever, there's nothing to suggest that he thinks he's too good for a place on the bench, or to go out on loan, or that he needs a reality check, or any of the others things people have been coming out with.

Also there's no 'extreme hype' and if there is that's not his fault, unless people are expecting him to come into the first team and look like Maradonna he's doing fine.

Not sure which of our other 'much less hyped' youngsters have shown more, only one I can think of is Ramsey and he's more than two years older.

• Like 2

At 18 Emi Buendia was playing in the third division of Spain's semi-pro leagues.

Coutinho was yoyo-ing between the 2nd and top tier of Brazilian football with Vasco da Gama.

Neither were exactly tearing it up on the big stage.

Could be a great player but has a long way to go. Loan him to a Championship or L1 team next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â