Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

He’ll no doubt be offered a contract that the club feel he’s worth.

If he leaves, then he leaves.

If he stays, he stays.

Nothing I’ve seen suggests that he’s an irreplaceable generational talent.  Maybe that will come, maybe not.  

Regardless, our board have shown that we are ready to mix it with the big boys when it comes to signing talent now, so I couldn’t give two shits about an 18yr old who might be posturing for the best contract he can get.

If he leaves, then clearly he wasn’t as good as we thought he was.

This is where I'm at.

He might be great one day, but we can't throw the kitchen sink (in terms of money and first-team promises) at every young player that 'might' become top class.

I haven't seen enough from Carney to think we should be rolling out the red carpet. We've no doubt offered him a deal, maybe slap 10% on it and tell him he's the best boy to ever grace Bodymoor if that's what he wants to hear.

If that's not good enough, good luck to him. As I've said before we are flush with young talent and we can't blood them all at the same time. If he goes, another takes his place. And that's how a good club with a healthy academy should be run, so it's all positive tbqh.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think it’s outrageous that you are expecting him to be Rooney or Owen lol,  I remember a few posters in here impatient and wanted JJ to bugger off on loan how did that turn out? 

I think its outrageous that you think i said he should be owen or rooney 😂 zatman threw a couple random names out so i did the same that players who were good at that age.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes asking a young player to be consistent more than one game isnt asking much zatman. All the top young players do

You have mentioned four games and one of them was last season 😂

What was rooney doing at 17 on that basis? Or JT? How about michael owen? Dont make out as if it doesnt happen 

Eh?

John Terry didn't break through until he was 20, Rooney was a once in a generation freak and Owen was miraculous in his teenage years and was fairly average by the time he was 25 due to injury. 

You've picked perhaps the 3 only examples of elite English teenage players (one of whom was 20 lol) in the last 30 years bar Bellingham and Walcott and you're not asking for much?

Edited by Steero113
  • Thanks 1

I think the club are definitely trying to hold onto him, with the game time he’s had, but if he’s a prime donna, just let him go, attitude and loyalty are extremely important.  He hasn’t shown much yet at the top level so….

It's hard for any teenager to impact a team, there's obviously some examples like Rooney, Owen etc but right now in the top 5 leagues there's barely any teenagers that can influence a game. Off the top of my head it's really only Bellingham and Camavinga. Chukwuemeka is just finding his feet and I think for his age he is ok, like others said it's similar to where JJ was in his development. 

For me its clear that he has people ear telling him the wrong things,  he had an interview not long ago talking about how he admires Gerrard and he hasn't got a problem with going out on loan I swear? So I doubt all of this noise about him wanting to leave comes directly from him. 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Eh?

John Terry didn't break through until he was 20, Rooney was a once in a generation freak and Owen was miraculous in his teenage years and was fairly average by the time he was 25 due to injury. 

You've picked perhaps the 3 only examples of elite English teenage players (one of whom was 20 lol) in the last 30 years bar Bellingham and Walcott and you're not asking for much?

Won the Ballon D'Or at 22. To be honest if we don't see at least potential from Carney that he can achieve that he should out on his ear. Preferably he wins it before he turns 20.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Gordon Cowans was in the team that won the league cup in 77 at 18 and and Gary Shaw was 19/20 when he scored 18 league goals when we won the league. 

Yes, you are correct, and those two players are in the top 5 ever Villa players arguably. 

Once again, how high are we initially setting the bar for Carney? So far he's been measured up against: 

Wayne Rooney 

Michael Owen

Gary Shaw

Sid Cowans 

John Terry

No pressure son. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's a rehash from a Spanish sports site called Sport

Couldn't see it on their website but they do have the barca story so I clicked on that 

"the youngster is also wanted by arsenal" 

That is it... Absolute non story, nothing in it apart from a Spanish journo casually chucking out a one liner linking him to arsenal 

They're all words removed and it's silly season for them 

Yep. I wish people would stop taking clickbait to bash the kid. Leave him alone. He may well still commit to a new deal. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yep. I wish people would stop taking clickbait to bash the kid. Leave him alone. He may well still commit to a new deal. 

Its the problem with modern day football. His next contract wherever that is will make him super rich and hes hardly played any first team football. 

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Eh?

For the second time im not comparing chuck to them

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Clearly dont read posts so no point responding to you

I read them, just don't understand a word of what you're going on about. 

You're asking him to be more consistent, even though he's only played about 6 full games worth of minutes. You're asking him to show you "something" so that you can get on board with the hype, yet he's had moments in games which have justified it clear as day for an 18 year old with limited opportunities. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

I read them, just don't understand a word of what you're going on about. 

You're asking him to be more consistent, even though he's only played about 6 full games worth of minutes. You're asking him to show you "something" so that you can get on board with the hype, yet he's had moments in games which have justified it clear as day for an 18 year old with limited opportunities. 

I was referring to the owen and terry comparisons 

With regards to the above let me clarify again,  so far i haven't seen much to get "excited about"  even for a 18 year old im not seeing him heavily involved in games. You can see the kids got potential ive said that countless times. However its not the end of the world if he dont sign. I think JJs a bigger talent. Yes he is older but regardless of that i dont think he will be as impressive as JJ has been when he reaches that age.

Gerrard’s given him game time recently demonstrating he is willing to give youth a chance. If chuck doesn't sign its purely on him not the club or gerrard. Even gerrard seemed frustrated about it when asked. 

I hope that clears my position up on any misunderstanding 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I was referring to the owen and terry comparisons 

With regards to the above let me clarify again,  so far i haven't seen much to get "excited about"  even for a 18 year old im not seeing him heavily involved in games. You can see the kids got potential ive said that countless times. However its not the end of the world if he dont sign. I think JJs a bigger talent. Yes he is older but regardless of that i dont think he will be as impressive as JJ has been when he reaches that age.

Gerrard’s given him game time recently demonstrating he is willing to give youth a chance. If chuck doesn't sign its purely on him not the club or gerrard. Even gerrard seemed frustrated about it when asked. 

I hope that clears my position up on any misunderstanding 

Fair enough, and thanks it does make it clearer. 

I think it will be a mistake to let him go, but ultimately its on Gerrard and the club. I think he will be a huge star. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Fair enough, and thanks it does make it clearer. 

I think it will be a mistake to let him go, but ultimately its on Gerrard and the club. I think he will be a huge star. 

No probs mate !!

Â