Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I still really, really hope he stays. Its a terrible idea fior him to move but agents are total self-serving parasites who ruin everything. Can't be held to ransom.

If he just knuckled down and followed JJs example it could be great for him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ive  just renewed in case that has any bearing on his decision 

I think he’s just waiting on my renewal. ;)

On a serious note I don’t think there’s a chance he would have got that many minutes if he had no plans on signing a new deal.  Gerrard doesn’t seem the type of manager that will entertain players that have no intention of staying. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s just waiting on my renewal. ;)

On a serious note I don’t think there’s a chance he would have got that many minutes if he had no plans on signing a new deal.  Gerrard doesn’t seem the type of manager that will entertain players that have no intention of staying. 

Really - i think they were dead rubber games so Stevie G gave him a few minutes to persuade him he has a future here.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s had minutes ever since Gerrard came in. 

Yes - minutes here and there. But hasnt done enough in those minutes to be starting a whole run of games.

Difficult one - Do we play him when hes not producing in the hope he quickly gets up to speed  ? - JJ had a run of such games before coming good.

I think he will want to see a definite opening in the squad before signing - but where is he going to go to get such time ? 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes - minutes here and there. But hasnt done enough in those minutes to be starting a whole run of games.

Difficult one - Do we play him when hes not producing in the hope he quickly gets up to speed  ? - JJ had a run of such games before coming good.

I think he will want to see a definite opening in the squad before signing - but where is he going to go to get such time ? 

He should have been sent out on loan this season like the rest, he'd have benefited from the game time at a lower level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

He’ll have that problem everywhere he goes unless he drops down a level.  Maybe if Dortmond are interested it might make sense for him to go there as they are a pretty big club that like to play youngsters.

I think he’s got bags of potential and could be a top player one day but I also think it’s not the end of the world if he leaves.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’ll have that problem everywhere he goes unless he drops down a level.  Maybe if Dortmond are interested it might make sense for him to go there as they are a pretty big club that like to play youngsters.

I think he’s got bags of potential and could be a top player one day but I also think it’s not the end of the world if he leaves.  

Agree.

With the players we are buying now - its difficult for everyone to get a game. A loan would be the best option - although perhaps he wants a big signing on fee.

He needs to get real tbh - it feels like he's crossed the line from 'backing himself' into the territory of delusion. He has a lot to learn and has not showed us enough in his cameos to justify a start yet - which make sense given his age - I just don't understand why he seems to be in such a rush with his career. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He needs to get real tbh - it feels like he's crossed the line from 'backing himself' into the territory of delusion. He has a lot to learn and has not showed us enough in his cameos to justify a start yet - which make sense given his age - I just don't understand why he seems to be in such a rush with his career. 

I think its the Dad/ agent that is maybe delusional.  From the statement saying that Carney would not be signing a new contract when there was 18 months left on his current deal. Through to every other young player signing a long term deal and here is Carney 8 months after he turned 18 without any protection or contract at decent terms. One bad injury and its all over for him . 

And one of the greatest attacking midfielders of all time as his manager to learn off being dicked around. 

Basically it is a lesson in how to not handle your client. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Still baffled by all the comments on his attitude and burning bridges with the club...  None of us actually know what is going on behind the scenes or what Carney is actually like.  

Exactly. This all lands on his agent, not him. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Still baffled by all the comments on his attitude and burning bridges with the club...  None of us actually know what is going on behind the scenes or what Carney is actually like.  

There's some really childish stuff thrown about (by grown men...) it mad how invested and then how angry some can get over this especially with the fact that the only information we all know is provided by twitter accounts and the gutter press with occasional snippets from the club which don't actually say anything 

24 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It’s bizarre - I’m still quietly confident he’s signing a deal to stay 

Some of this noise has to come from the players side. Its a bit tiresome at this point. Kid has proven nothing. 

His opportunities for impressing us on the pitch he has thrown away so he is negotiating from a position of weakness with a closing door. Should have signed months ago when he had the chance.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

All a bit weird this Carney situation...

Just sign the contract or leave, simple.

He has a year left on his contract doest he?

Â