Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, rayk said:

For the blind faith brethren out there.....are you really saying you are HAPPH we have only signed Matty Cash 6 weeks into the window?

It’s a simple yes/no?

No. But I'm not going to repeatedly bombard a forum saying that I'm not happy about it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We are in a difficult position: we don’t just want to tread water, the owners have genuine ambition. We have one arm tied behind our back (FFP and finishing 17th), but our targets are progressive and ambitious and on others radar too, we don’t want to waste resources on OK talent, there needs to be real potential and youthfulness criteria. It’s a difficult mix. 

I do have sympathy. It’s sure is a gamble, a real game of poker until the window closes. I am going to zip-up until the window shuts, if we close 2 generally accepted targets and have genuinely strengthened the squad and also the starting 11 (forwards), I will be very happy.

Look, there is nothing I can do, but to do the same.....but its a forum we converse, i answer folk who don't agree, I could ignore them, maybe I should, but I think its rude.

I have been devils advocate in the main and just encouraging debate....but those that feel secure in not questioning the clubs stance are entitled too.....but they have no idea any more than me that it will turn out ok.....we can but hope.

The Rashica link was what told me we are in for a difficult window, but it was early, what has transpired has given me no encouragment to feel it will be different, we will see, I hope I am wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayk said:

For the blind faith brethren out there.....are you really saying you are HAPPY we have only signed Matty Cash 6 weeks into the window?

It’s a simple yes/no?

I see your simple yes/no and raise you a complex 100 point scale on a level of rayk to happy with the club

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We're putting in big bids for a keeper and we know we were prepared to spend big on wilson.

We spent big on a position we didn't really need. 

I'll believe the big bids on keepers when we actually sign one, not the internet speculation roulette. Wilson doubt we offered that big or long contract. Absolutely delighted he's gone to Newcastle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

No. But I'm not going to repeatedly bombard a forum saying that I'm not happy about it. 

It’s not bombarding the forum though! It’s like I say it, face a barrage of blind faith smack down and I’m not able to defend the point??

53 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am clear the owners will know the consequences of not spending on crucial signings this summer.

I am equally clear signings are tough for every club, not just us.

what I am not clear about is the time it is taking to get over the line what appears to be our first choice targets......are we the only club that other clubs try to fleece?.....how long has it taken Newcastle to sign Wilson?

Where is our Intel to switch targets if we can't agree fees.

We may well be in full control and there is nothing to worry about.....but that theory is based on what? exactly.

Yeah it was done pretty quickly .. we are playing bat and ball... but isnt Lange there to work day and night and draw up the best players from the market that we could go in for.. Why bring him in if we are hanging onto to dear life to sign a player like Wilson 🤷🏾‍♂️ Shouldn’t he have players off the radar that would be more viable... i could be wrong but I thought thats what he was brought in for.. we need at least 3 players before our next match so thats 2 signings by at least next week .. because i dont have much confidence in us starting the first match with only one change to our squad from last season.

But as it stands we have a £20-25 Million valued player in our academy right now Jaden Philogene-Bidace ✅

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Thanks for your answer - I’m not going to nitpick your examples except to say that fans of another club could say ‘Villa have already got a decent RB’ in the same context

Id of course be much happier if we had signed 4 or 5 quality names,  but I’m prepared to trust the club and be patient

We are in a tricky situation - we want to bring in quality players but just avoided relegation so our reputation is low - situations like this require patience and perseverance. I’m sure we could bring in 4th or 5th choices immediately

Look, you are not wrong.....we have no choice but to trust the club.

If we can't get the deals done, patience is all we have left.

I really don't want 4th and 5th choices as it will take so long to progress.

• Like 1