Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

What makes you say that? The man himself said he should be back around the time of the first international break.

Just something I've heard. There are fears he may not be available until after Christmas. I guess at his age it can take a lot longer to get match ready, even for a goalkeeper.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

We may well be in full control and there is nothing to worry about.....but that theory is based on what? exactly.

I am sure if we were in full control they would already be signed and in training. We are absolutely not in control, I think we are very much struggling and will either pay over the odds or sign very much second rate players unfortunately. 17th and barely staying up is not that attractive when considering a 4 or 5 year deal with a relegation clause.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

but you have no more idea than me....that,that is the situation.

you are just assuming like me.....I am actually being devils advocate, but the folk who are suggesting patience have no more idea than those who are pissed off.

Very true. Can't disagree with that.

However, following the last 2 years since Dean took over, they have given me no reason (from board level through to management) to not trust them. They seem like they know what they are doing. The distance we have travelled in that time period from a struggling championship club to a surviving premier league club has been immense. I think we can trust them here. They've earnt that. 

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, rayk said:

I really hope so mate. Truly, but remember last season DS wanted Maupay and Benrahma and the owners didn’t cough up for them.

You’ve no idea that was the reason we didn’t sign them - Maybe Purslow Suso and Smith thought they were overpriced? It could be a number of reasons.  I’d also be surprised if NSWE get involved in individual deals merely agree an operating budget and leave it to the structure in place to manage 

9 minutes ago, string28 said:

I have to admit I really do feel sorry for Smith the interview he gave about not having the same season with people coming in late really does say a lot. This is not the owners look to who is dealing with the transfers.

I feel sorry for Smith too. Had to endure a shocker of a season last year when he wanted Maupay and Benrahma and got neither.

I really hoped and hope this window would be different but unless we go big and sign Edouard for £35m it’s looking much of the same.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

but you have no more idea than me....that,that is the situation.

you are just assuming like me.....I am actually being devils advocate, but the folk who are suggesting patience have no more idea than those who are pissed off.

Because the patience argument is a more rational approach to what is happening.

No one can say for certain what is happening so why get so riled up about what we don't know?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Whilst true to some extent, why then are our owners telling our players we will be improving the squad to be well away from any relegation battle?

That interview from Purslow was from February yet so many have jumped on it over the last 2 days. Never mentioned before. 

I think it is noticeable that the excuses are starting to be drip fed from the club.

There are many clubs constrained by FFP and other issues that are strengthening their squads. We are not and it is a failing. Just because I love the club does not mean I can’t question their ability to perform in the transfer market. 

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

We may well be in full control and there is nothing to worry about.....but that theory is based on what? exactly.

The same as the theory that says we aren’t in control and we should be worried. Ie. Nothing. There is nothing coming out of the club and even the better journalists like Percy are clutching at straws. There’s no evidence that we’re in control or not, the only real fact is that nobody except the inner circle at the club know anything. 

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I think it is noticeable that the excuses are starting to be drip fed from the club. 

Such as? Not sure some comments Purslow made in February* count and can't think of anything else that's been said. 

*And said very similar last summer before spending £100m+.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Just so weird this spiralling hysteria based only on other peoples baseless spiralling hysterical posts.

I actually think corona is to blame, people sitting at home getting half depressed, forgetting how to socially interact with other people in a normal way. 

It's how it is for me at least 🙃

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

You’ve no idea that was the reason we didn’t sign them - Maybe Purslow Suso and Smith thought they were overpriced? It could be a number of reasons.  I’d also be surprised if NSWE get involved in individual deals merely agree an operating budget and leave it to the structure in place to manage 

Oh come on, Maupay was seen as too expensive at £20m when we only had Wes, Kodjia and Davis going into the season.

But then we HAD to go into the market and waste £10m+ om Samatta BECAUSE we hadn’t signed Maupay.

I mean it was such a false economy not to sign Maupay.

And this season because EVERYONE knows we have crap strikers we’re gonna get fleeced on Watkins, Edouard or anyone BECAUSE PEOPLE KNOW WE ARE DESPERATE.

You buy players from a position of strength and get good deals, but from a position of weakness we may as well bend over and pull our trousers down.