Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

This, it’s weird. Anyone who dares to question anything that is going on (or not going on) is roundly turned on. It’s almost like the social media team have an interest 

It’s sooooo true.

And I bet the first thing these posters will do is blame DS if we end up in a relegation scrap again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Good chunk of their articles are headlines like "Go and get him" based on a random on Twitter reacting to made up internet rumours

But exactly. They then change and give a really interesting article that represents the club well and we’re supposed to believe it wasn’t fed by the club?

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-benrahma-watkins-18889308

The Bham Mail has spent the whole season flogging crap about JG being sold but then suddenly comes out with an insightful article about our transfer limitations...

literally, this is the only article all year that wasn’t click bait or already confirmed.

Ok, that's an article in the mail which talks about how the post covid market is a tough one for everyone amongst other things. Still would like to know why you think it is noticeable that the club are drip feeding excuses?

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

im really hoping we sign at least 2 players this week.

In reality, if we wanted to actually get certain players and were willing to pay the required fee, we could definitely get Watkins, as well as possibly 1 from Benrahma, Buendia or Cantwell. (for example)

I know we might be trying to be intelligent with finances etc, but please lord just let us get a couple of key transfers over the line this week.

phil silvers said 4

Just now, TRO said:

So you can create a duck shoot?😀

Chelsea, Newcastle have got their prime target, Leeds are showing enterprise,Sheff Utd have secured a couple of their targets, Albion have got a decent winger, we was linked with....

Look, we swam the ocean to survive.....we should be quick out of the traps....its just my view.

Wilson contract at Newcastle is a shocker. I still think they're good chance to go down and they've saddled themselves with him for 5 years on big money. Hope they put in solid relegation clause but just kidding hope they didn't

• Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

This, it’s weird. Anyone who dares to question anything that is going on (or not going on) is roundly turned on. It’s almost like the social media team have an interest 

Can you show these drip fed excuses from the club please ?

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't get either extreme really. The flapping and abuse towards the club on twitter is way OTT. But the idea to just have complete faith is the same. 

Last summer we did some poor business and made some errors. We made surviving a very difficult task with the business we did. 

So far that hasn't changed. 

Totally agree but apparently unless you have blind faith you are to be mocked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

Is it really October 5th in a few days ?

Did the transfer window really open on the 27th of July?

I hear Chelsea haven’t signed anyone because they don’t want to sign car crash players......

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well when someone is saying that they think that the club is happy to only sign up Matty Cash then it's not a big leap to suspect someone is trolling. Valid criticism is fine but some sticking the boot in act like they know what's going on behind the scenes when 99.9% of us don't. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Ok, that's an article in the mail which talks about how the post covid market is a tough one for everyone amongst other things. Still would like to know why you think it is noticeable that the club are drip feeding excuses?

Because if the journalism was decent in that site we would have seen it over the last year, not just now. 

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Totally agree but apparently unless you have blind faith you are to be mocked.

I think you'll find that the mocking only happens if in the last 25 seconds you've posted the same thing 4455 times but with different vocabulary whilst quoting different posters.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Maybe, but they're way, way less annoying. I mean, if you take everything NSWE have done into account since they arrived, you'd think they would have earned some respect and patience. Oh well.

Oh Give it a rest.....now that is annoying, talk about stones and glass houses.

The owners have done great, granted....and we still don't know whether any of this delay is down to them, so don't start shifting the chairs around to rearrange the debate.

We are talking about getting players in to fix what has been a miracle escape......Not disrespecting the owners.

Don't worry, if we go down as a result of not signing players, there will be plenty on here having something to say.

However, we are drifting off the subject a tad......I think many are concerned of not getting what appears to be our main targets wrapped up.....if you think that's fine and are not concerned, don't answer my posts on the subject.....because you know I am.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Either our owners aren't as minted as people say they are or something fishy's going on behind the scenes.

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

How can anyone think this?

I think this might be the single funniest thing i've ever read on these forums - and not in a good funny way.

Edited by Steero113

Just now, rayk said:

Did the transfer window really open on the 27th of July?

I hear Chelsea haven’t signed anyone because they don’t want to sign car crash players......

We may have to operate differently to Chelsea .

Not sure we can afford to overpay for every signing and there are some morons out there who believe London to be a better place to live than Birmingham sadly.

• Like 1