Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yes, it was, because although £20m sounded alot in fee, hes a full England international now and hes on less than 60k a week which is below the av. premier league salary. 

So yes, good business.

I disagree. It was pretty poor that it took 8 weeks to sign him when he hated Howe and Bournemouth.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We are constrained by FFP and several years in Championship. HOW. MANY. TIMES. DOES. THIS. NEED. TO. BE. EXPLAINED. 

But that doesn't make sense when we spent so much last summer AFTER promotion and Smith was promised sufficient funds this summer to strengthen the side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

But play instead of who? Konsa? 

To be a better option within the squad during what will be a demanding condensed season. 

I’d rather have him as an option than say Lansbury, Nakamba or Hause.

its all mute now as he’s signed for Sheffield Utd. 

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Really? Firstly you are quoting the media now as fact when normally you scoff when it’s not in your favour.

Secondly, do you really think we put in our higher offer without having any idea what Newcastle’s bid And salary offer was?

That's not speculation, he is on the same terms he was on at Bournemouth in the PL over 4 years with an option for a 5th. 

And yes. 

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

But that doesn't make sense when we spent so much last summer AFTER promotion and Smith was promised sufficient funds this summer to strengthen the side. 

Because last year's spending will have to be taken into account this year. Besides I think its more about the wage structure then how much money we have available for transfers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, string28 said:

Different world the season starts Saturday.

Ohhhh no it doesn’t matter because our first game is postponed lol.

Some people are living on cloud cuckoo land if they think 1 player before the season technically starts is good business.

Guess what, were been fleeced by clubs by playing us down to the deadline dates.

Great negotiating tactics.

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Nope, not having a laugh, we bid, we bid again but then we heard what NUFC offered him for personal terms and ran a mile. 

Hence why we offered a larger fee but then withdrew the second we heard of the terms they were offering (i.e **** madness)

You don't know this is the case, this is just hearsay.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

That's not speculation, he is on the same terms he was on at Bournemouth in the PL over 4 years with an option for a 5th. 

And yes. 

How is that fact? You have seen both contracts?

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

Haha, so we have a £100m to spend and yet we’re constrained by FFP. Lol

The actual transfer fee isn't the problem for FFP because the outgoing fee is balanced by the incoming value on the books. The problem is the wages

and length of contract ( for amortization). This is what affects FFP but this has been explained a thousand times on this site!!!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Personally I think if Leeds fancy Buendia they will struggle because they've already spent most of their budget as far as I can tell. Buendia will cost around £20m I'd say and Leeds don't have a bottomless pit. I like Buendia but Sarr or Deulofeu would be best options for us imo as they're quick and we badly lack pace in our current side. 

I'd love us to go for Deulofeu, he is far too good for the Championship and should leave, as he has a long term injury many teams will propbably hesitate on signing him, like the case with Benrahma last summer. I think his injury menas a window of opportunity for us to sign a player that otherwise would have gone to a bigger club. Sarr I think will be too expensive for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Haha, so we have a £100m to spend and yet we’re constrained by FFP. Lol

Yes.. 

As I remember , FFP is calculated over a rolling 3 year period.

Max loss in the championship per season is 13 million, in the premier its 35 million.

I think we are still 1x championship, and 2x premier at the moment, so have a rolling limit about 22 million for the season lower than clubs that have been in the premier league for 3 seasons.

The owners can't just throw money in the bank account.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skruff said:

Because last year's spending will have to be taken into account this year. Besides I think its more about the wage structure then how much money we have available for transfers. 

OK, sounds like we have to go back to the Belgian league then because proven PL players won't be on a measly wage let's be honest.

Just now, theboyangel said:

To be a better option within the squad during what will be a demanding condensed season. 

I’d rather have him as an option than say Lansbury, Nakamba or Hause.

its all mute now as he’s signed for Sheffield Utd. 

I'd take him permanently. Not on loan. And unless he starts most games I dont see why Chelsea would do it.

Surprised Sheff Utd have done this too as they were already fairly comfy in defence. They had other needs. Would he play CDM much?

Ah well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Of course it doesn’t make sense. It just regularly gets rolled out by a few fans when we don’t sign players until deadline week.