Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

You think we were in a position of strength last summer, enough to do a good deal for maupay? Every tom, dick and Harry knew we needed players and lots of them last summer. It was probably our weakest time to buy players.

It wasn’t because people didn’t know how much we had to spend and how many players.

i have no doubt.....none whatsoever....we’d have signed Maupay over Brighton. The point is we pulled out because it got a bit pricey.

Edited by rayk

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I guess you are right......but all the more reason for a balls out marquee signing( an offer top wages) to encourage others to come and put paid to last seasons morbid memories.

I accept that my knowledge of FFP and its implications are limited.....and folk in charge are much more learned than me.....but other clubs seem to be coping rather well.

Not a gotcha TRO - which clubs do you feel are doing ‘rather well’?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Back that up with some links and prove it or GTFO.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-benrahma-watkins-18889308

The Bham Mail has spent the whole season flogging crap about JG being sold but then suddenly comes out with an insightful article about our transfer limitations...

literally, this is the only article all year that wasn’t click bait or already confirmed.

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think they are closer to Villa Park than Moscow, and more blue than red. 

And more special brew and stone Island than Vodka and ushanka. 

A recent small heath VT invasion seems plausible until you consider that most of the scallies would rather buy a bottle of cider than a £5 mobile top up for their phone. 

I have been told by the pixies that we don't have £100m to spend it's actually £99.7 m hence why we're not getting the deals through.

The pixies were also inbred had their teeth missing and had some ooze coming out of their noses. They were wearing blues shirts. 

I'm just passing on the information that I heard. Come to think of it I might have been on the waccy baccy because blues fans can't talk. But if you want to take it as gospel you're all welcome. 

24 minutes ago, rayk said:

Oh come on, Maupay was seen as too expensive at £20m when we only had Wes, Kodjia and Davis going into the season.

But then we HAD to go into the market and waste £10m+ om Samatta BECAUSE we hadn’t signed Maupay.

I mean it was such a false economy not to sign Maupay.

And this season because EVERYONE knows we have crap strikers we’re gonna get fleeced on Watkins, Edouard or anyone BECAUSE PEOPLE KNOW WE ARE DESPERATE.

You buy players from a position of strength and get good deals, but from a position of weakness we may as well bend over and pull our trousers down.

The cost of a player isn’t just his fee, it’s his Salary contract as well. FFP is not about what we spend on Fees, it’s all spending including salaries.

Brighton could afford to pay more (fee + salary) than we were prepared to so it didn’t happen. 

Villa really wanted Maupay but it was too muchgiven everything that we needed to do, we allegedly sailed pretty close to the wind with FFP so we were sensible.

Can we please stop pining for Maupay/Philips/Webster.

Edited by thunderball

I don't get either extreme really. The flapping and abuse towards the club on twitter is way OTT. But the idea to just have complete faith is the same. 

Last summer we did some poor business and made some errors. We made surviving a very difficult task with the business we did. 

So far that hasn't changed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-benrahma-watkins-18889308

The Bham Mail has spent the whole season flogging crap about JG being sold but then suddenly comes out with an insightful article about our transfer limitations...

literally, this is the only article all year that wasn’t click bait or already confirmed.

Good chunk of their articles are headlines like "Go and get him" based on a random on Twitter reacting to made up internet rumours

Okay, I hoping to be proved wrong and that over the next few days we pull a rabbit....hopefully two... out of the bag. Edoaurd And Benrahma would be proper statements of intent.

Lets just hope it’s not Brewster on loan to cover both positions.....

UTV!!

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Christ, we are going hit page 1000 tonight.

Yeah, and still only one player signed! Lol

But hey didn’t we nearly get to 200 for Rashica 😂🤣😂🤣

Edited by rayk

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Not a gotcha TRO - which clubs do you feel are doing ‘rather well’?

So you can create a duck shoot?😀

Chelsea, Newcastle have got their prime target, Leeds are showing enterprise,Sheff Utd have secured a couple of their targets, Albion have got a decent winger, we was linked with....

Look, we swam the ocean to survive.....we should be quick out of the traps....its just my view.