Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Don’t look on Twitter then, that is the definition of Hysteria

One child / bot / moron makes objectionable statement, 1000 people wailing and gnashing their teeth about said statement. Win-win for the attention economy. On and on it goes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have no reason to believe you are wrong.....But are we saying that these players are our only choice, are we not being held to ransom, with a conclusion that still might not go our way, in which we are then forced at the last minute to panic buy and end up with second and third choices.

Not all transfers are complicated, thet can be made complicated, by poor negotiating tactics.....not saying that is the case here, but it is a possibility along with many other explanations.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and gain on future signings.....when the team is stronger our clout will be more powerful, that day will come, if we are shrewd now and make the right moves.

I perfectly understand the option to wait.....but that too is not the certainty it represents......I think Mon was a past master at pedaling that process and it didn't end that well.

We all have our views, I know that....I favour the "early bird catches the worm"......If he slips down a hole there will be a another one....if you get up early enough.

Wholly agree TRO, a few days ago I posted on here that I thought we have cocked up this window and were being ‘schooled’ in transfers. Obviously that is premature, but sadly I think it is the case. The premier league has moved on since we were last here and most clubs have more clout due to 3 extra years of full fat Sky money and a sense of safety that we can’t yet offer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

fail wake up GIF by Cheezburger

Personally I really never believed that we would - and don’t to - spend £100m. I think we’re okay with just adding Matty Cash to the squad....

@rayk doth protest too much

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

We have been linked with Matty Cash for some time and Watkins and Benrahma is not exactly Bletchley park Stuff.

You forgot to list the many more that weren't.

I know you're frustrated but don't be obtuse.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

but you have no more idea than me....that,that is the situation.

you are just assuming like me.....I am actually being devils advocate, but the folk who are suggesting patience have no more idea than those who are pissed off.

Maybe, but they're way, way less annoying. I mean, if you take everything NSWE have done into account since they arrived, you'd think they would have earned some respect and patience. Oh well.

• Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

Oh come on, Maupay was seen as too expensive at £20m when we only had Wes, Kodjia and Davis going into the season.

But then we HAD to go into the market and waste £10m+ om Samatta BECAUSE we hadn’t signed Maupay.

I mean it was such a false economy not to sign Maupay.

And this season because EVERYONE knows we have crap strikers we’re gonna get fleeced on Watkins, Edouard or anyone BECAUSE PEOPLE KNOW WE ARE DESPERATE.

You buy players from a position of strength and get good deals, but from a position of weakness we may as well bend over and pull our trousers down.

I would have liked to sign Maupay but I chose to believe we didn’t because the club made a rational decision based on the information they held rather than thinking that they are a bunch of idiots 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

Oh come on, Maupay was seen as too expensive at £20m when we only had Wes, Kodjia and Davis going into the season.

But then we HAD to go into the market and waste £10m+ om Samatta BECAUSE we hadn’t signed Maupay.

I mean it was such a false economy not to sign Maupay.

And this season because EVERYONE knows we have crap strikers we’re gonna get fleeced on Watkins, Edouard or anyone BECAUSE PEOPLE KNOW WE ARE DESPERATE.

You buy players from a position of strength and get good deals, but from a position of weakness we may as well bend over and pull our trousers down.

You think we were in a position of strength last summer, enough to do a good deal for maupay? Every tom, dick and Harry knew we needed players and lots of them last summer. It was probably our weakest time to buy players.

29 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

It’s a truism that nobody knows what will happen until it happens - that said, I’m happy to put my faith in Purslow Lange and Smith that they understand what is required and are working to deliver it

As Pointed out elsewhere, it’s entirely probable that top quality targets are harder to land Early than journeymen as they have far more options and can take their time.

I guess you are right......but all the more reason for a balls out marquee signing( and offer top wages) to encourage others to come and put paid to last seasons morbid memories.

I accept that my knowledge of FFP and its implications are limited.....and folk in charge are much more learned than me.....but other clubs seem to be coping rather well.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

One child / bot / moron makes objectionable statement, 1000 people wailing and gnashing their teeth about said statement. Win-win for the attention economy. On and on it goes.

It’s across the board yes, but I only search #AVFC, our lot are like rabid dogs on there

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

That's just VillaTalk. Have you seen how bad social media is?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

I would have liked to sign Maupay but I chose to believe we didn’t because the club made a rational decision based on the information they held rather than thinking that they are a bunch of idiots 

Well, by not signing Maupay and then having to sign Samatta In desperation does point in the direction of idiocy imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Wholly agree TRO, a few days ago I posted on here that I thought we have cocked up this window and were being ‘schooled’ in transfers. Obviously that is premature, but sadly I think it is the case. The premier league has moved on since we were last here and most clubs have more clout due to 3 extra years of full fat Sky money and a sense of safety that we can’t yet offer.

fair comment.

but i hope we are not saying this 3 years in.

• Like 1