Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, rayk said:

OMG, at the moment this thread seems it’s occupied by lemmings that believe every word the club puts out there when it suits them.

Does anyone seriously think DS is happy only a few days before the season starts that we’ve only signed Cash when the clear strategy was to bolster our attacking players?

No smith knows what he needs and the sad thing fans attack Smith when it's not him to blame. 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Read this again, go on, read what you just said. 

Were you alive in 2016?

And, we just freaking survived by buying average players!!!

So let’s just go into the season with the same players and see how that works out......oh no...we’ve got £100m to spend apparently.....

Just now, string28 said:

No smith knows what he needs and the sad thing fans attack Smith when it's not him to blame. 

Exactly....where is this ‘backing’ from Eden’s as promised?

Feels like cheap talk right now.

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No way in hell we are spending money like this on Right Backs and keepers, yet dithering with strikers, wingers and CMs.

Another reason I'm unexplainably, and quietly confident.

Exactly this, if we do spend £35 on a GK on RB, hopefully it's a sign we'll spend big on the forwards, or just buy another 7 goalkeepers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

He'd be a great signing. Him and Jack in the same team would be an exciting proposition. But all I hear on here is we won't pay decent wages, which Deulofeu would certainly expect. 

If Jack is on 65k or thereabouts, we're not paying over that. Wages in PL went through roof with bumper TV deals after we got relegated so you had nonsense like Benteke on 120k a week at Palace. This is part of the problem we face and FFP and people still don't get it

1 minute ago, rayk said:

OMG, at the moment this thread seems it’s occupied by lemmings that believe every word the club puts out there when it suits them.

Does anyone seriously think DS is happy only a few days before the season starts that we’ve only signed Cash when the clear strategy was to bolster our attacking players?

I seriously ( as you put it) believe Smith knows exactly what is happening, ie We'll get the signings he wants and we can afford

before the window shuts. By the way i am not a "lemming" as you put it but i do understand the way transfers happen

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Or mystery option C ...

Transfers are complicated affairs and fans are impatient.

fans are always impatient, when you have just escaped the quicksand........and transfers have always been complicated.

so whats new?.......delays breed doubt, doubt in our ability to strengthen the team as we would like.

if the club came out and endorsed the delay and told us even in a veiled way that all is well, it might settle a few nerves.....but when nothing is said, speculation thrives.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

It's not senseless it's fact. The owners know exactly what they are doing

The owners may say one thing to the press and do another when things get down to brass tacks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, string28 said:

but we are all speculating on both sides of the debate.....if nothing happens positively....negativity is bound to reign.

34 minutes ago, hippo said:

I asked this. Apparently a player tweeted that the owners had congratulated him on staving off relegation and funds were available to make sure we were not in a RB next season.

Apparently a player tweeted that the owners had congratulated him on staving off relegation and funds were available to make sure we brought in a RB next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

But that is senseless.....because buying good players keeps you in the Prem and the length of contract /amortisation counts for Jack Shit.

It’s only when you spend big, long contracts......and get relegated that there is an issue..

You must be on the wind up :)

Pintpotvilla explained it pretty well, in a couple of short sentences ....

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

The actual transfer fee isn't the problem for FFP because the outgoing fee is balanced by the incoming value on the books. The problem is the wages

and length of contract ( for amortization). This is what affects FFP but this has been explained a thousand times on this site!!!

The length of contract/amortisation counts for everything!

Like pintpotvilla says above, you buy a player for 40m this season, and have a loss of 40m balanced in your books by an increase in assets of 40m (The player).

If the player is on a 4 year contract, you make a loss (amortization) of that player of 10m a year, until their contract runs out after 4 years and are worth nothing to you.

Add to this the cost of their wages, maybe 2m a year, and the loss for that player for FFP is 12m a year, for 4 years.

Add all of our players contracts/wages up, and then take this from our total income per year.  The balance of this needs to be under 35m.

The problem we have , is our income isn't high enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

I seriously ( as you put it) believe Smith knows exactly what is happening, ie We'll get the signings he wants and we can afford

before the window shuts. By the way i am not a "lemming" as you put it but i do understand the way transfers happen

I really hope so mate. Truly, but remember last season DS wanted Maupay and Benrahma and the owners didn’t cough up for them.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

and we got them in with more gusto.

Would you be happy with bringing in players of a similar quality as last summer if it meant more gusto or wait for our number 1 targets if it means we don't get them till towards the end of the window? I know which id prefer. 

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 1