Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

So you would rather have a player who achieved a rating of 6.85 last season over two players who reached 7.3 and 7.51 respectively?!

Rico Henry is not ready for the PL. He needs to prove his worth for another season in the championship and improve next campaign to warrant a PL move in my opinion. 

Knowing our luck he has a break out season and we get held ransom next season 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Have you watched him play?

This article doesn't paint a great picture although every team is different:

The two fundamental reasons why Niclas Eliasson doesn't start more games for Bristol City

The Robins winger leads the Championship for assists

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/two-fundamental-reasons-niclas-eliasson-3516317

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

fdor god sake smith no

I know right! Smith, famously the sole decision maker in our recruitment process, is rumoured to want to buy a Championship standard winger. What is he thinking!?

He also punched the Queen, allegedly. What an arse. #SmithOut!

• Like 2

Much rather we went for Ken Sema if we are looking for a fast Swedish wide player in the Championship who previously played under the current Swedish national side manager Janne Andersson at IFK Norrköping.

FWIW not saying we should sign hin either.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It wasn't. Which was why I asked who you were talking about.

Either way it's a pointless comparison. We are talking about completely different positions, so it's more a question about what positions you feel we need covered more, and possibly more important where we get value for money. I think when we are quoted £ 25-30 million a piece for Watkins and Benrahma and Henry might be available for £ 10 million. I suspect it will be easier to find alternatives else where for the money talked about for Watkins and Benrahma. For Henry I'm not sure there is. 

Secondly Brentford were one of the highest scoring teams in that division, so it's no surprise their attacking players will have better stats than they're defenders. 

I also compared to Ryan Sessegnon , Matty Cash and Matt Doherty in a follow up post. The crux is that Rico Henry isn't an upgrade on Targett statistically. That's all you need to know 😄

Have to respect sne's knowledge of Swedish players, but I must say I thought he looked pretty useful in that video, created bags of chances.

Got a trick or two, comfortable crossing with either foot, seems pretty good at winning the ball back...and if he's as fast as sne suggests then I think he would certainly be a candidate. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I also compared to Ryan Sessegnon , Matty Cash and Matt Doherty in a follow up post. The crux is that Rico Henry isn't an upgrade on Targett statistically. That's all you need to know 😄

You aren't making much sense. My arguement wasn’t him being an upgrade statistically, which is rather uninteresting due to the nature of the raw data behind the numbers. 

I simply said Targett is injury prone thus henry makes a good signing, especially as I don't rate the current backup. And the money quoted appears cheap compared to Benrahma and Watkins. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

If Henry is available for less than £10m then it makes sense to bring him in to replace Taylor. He can then set about challenging Targett to start, or at least deputise when Targett’s inevitably injured. 

Exactly. It’s not rocket science. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1