Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes I don't mind Taylor defensively, but when I say liability I mean he's a total handicap to the way we play. 

The amount of times you've seen Taylor recieve the ball across the half way line and he's face looks like that confused gif doing trig math on the fly. 

I actually thought he looked a lot better going forwards the last couple of times he played. I wouldn't assume that continues as that way madness lies.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Is diangana a player we would sign to go straight in to the first 11?, or more of a squad/development player?

Never watched him play tbh.

Probably not.

He has a good rapport at the club and I would bank that his heart is set on a move there. Pereira is a big factor too.

image.jpeg.c8c6baaf07f67270baee70b19c57e

Edited by AvfcRigo82

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I actually thought he looked a lot better going forwards the last couple of times he played. I wouldn't assume that continues as that way madness lies.

If you thought Neil Taylor ever looked good going forward I'm very worried for you ( with all due respect) my body freezes when he attempts to make a pass because he looks like he doesnt know what to do with the ball. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

That cycle infuriates me if that ever happens.. why are we not trying to everything in our power to sign him... we are stuck in the championship too much also why are there not many links for players abroad.. i just think DS cant attract certain players and thats a huge problem for us.. Need a Fillet Steak manager like Ancelotti i guess. Generally speaking i think our ambitions on the scale of 1-10 are about 3 and thats not me slating the club as our business has not concluded and i just feel like we may miss out on players like Benrahma and bring in  3rd choice targets like a Harry Wilson. Its painful not seeing the players that you want that are realistically available and have been targets not brought in. 

i disagree with the part about smith not being able to attract players. benrahma has played for smith before and i see no reason whatsoever whey he'd choose moyes over smith. and i'm not sure what would give you indications that we're ambitious. james rodrigues perhaps would fit that category but he'd be on more twice what our top earner is on. is it worth upsetting the whole squad dynamic plus messing up our whole wage structure just to 'show ambition'

we have no idea why we're (presumably) not signing benrahma. is he settled in london and doesn't fancy moving to brum? who knows...it may be that we have never been interested in him. smith has worked with him before and if he wanted to again i'm sure he'd be pushing for his signing. has he got an attitude that smith doesn't want to have to deal with again perhaps?

i think the problem is that the fans have a list of desired transfer targets which is probably quite different to the one the club has.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i disagree with the part about smith not being able to attract players. benrahma has played for smith before and i see no reason whatsoever whey he'd choose moyes over smith. and i'm not sure what would give you indications that we're ambitious. james rodrigues perhaps would fit that category but he'd be on more twice what our top earner is on. is it worth upsetting the whole squad dynamic plus messing up our whole wage structure just to 'show ambition'

we have no idea why we're (presumably) not signing benrahma. is he settled in london and doesn't fancy moving to brum? who knows...it may be that we have never been interested in him. smith has worked with him before and if he wanted to again i'm sure he'd be pushing for his signing. has he got an attitude that smith doesn't want to have to deal with again perhaps?

i think the problem is that the fans have a list of desired transfer targets which is probably quite different to the one the club has.

I guarantee that if we wanted to throw silly contracts at Rashica, Benrahma, James Rodriguez, or even Gareth Fookin' Bale, we could get them.  We aren't doing that anymore because it's not sustainable.  We're trying to build something long-term here and we won't jeopardize that by paying over the odds for short term improvements.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Sounds like we're refusing to be fleeced with both transfer fees and contracts.  The last 15 years of our history has been marred by awful business where we've panicked and paid too much for players who were in-demand at that time and we gave them massive contracts.  We've also done the opposite and tried to put together a team on a budget and got relegated as a result.  The club almost went into administration because of being run by two bad regimes who followed an unsustainable business model.  For the first time ever, in my time as a Villa supporter, we're finally being run like a proper sustainable football club.  Recruiting heavily on the academy side, investing in infrastructure and front office teams, finding solid commercial/sponsorship deals, and most importantly, reining in on the overspending on the football side of things.  I'd rather make financially sustainable, gradual change to the team than to bet the bank again on short term improvements.  I'm happy with moving on to our 2nd/3rd choice targets if our 1st choices are expecting silly money at this time.  

one thing i have heard is that we will refuse to sign anyone unless they agree to a relegation wage drop clause. none of bournemouth's players had that hence why they're forced to sell everyone. it was also the reason we apparently struggled to attract a striker in jan and could have put off our 1st/2nd targets this summer. i guess if west ham want to pay benrahma 70k pw and be forced to pay him the same if they go down then that's up to them. i agree it's nice to see us behaving sensibly. i just hope our 2nd/3rd/4th choices are good enough

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

If you thought Neil Taylor ever looked good going forward I'm very worried for you ( with all due respect) my body freezes when he attempts to make a pass because he looks like he doesnt know what to do with the ball. 

There's still considerable daylight between "a lot better" and "good".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think I like the idea of us signing Rico Henry more than Watkins and Benrahma at this point. God knows Targett is a walking injury. 

So you would rather have a player who achieved a rating of 6.85 last season over two players who reached 7.3 and 7.51 respectively?!

Rico Henry is not ready for the PL. He needs to prove his worth for another season in the championship and improve next campaign to warrant a PL move in my opinion.

He's had his fair share of injuries as well, so not sure he would be any better than Targett in that regard. 

Edited by Made In Aston

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

My thoughts exactly. There is no way West Ham would be selling a player to us or any other rival if he was so good. Especially a young player.

Cant see this one myself. 

West Ham fans are not happy about this at all (link to KneesUpMotherBrown below) nor is that fool The Moose on Talksport (to put it mildly). As has been said their owners want the money. 

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=173050&start=1160

Edited by John

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No idea what ratings you're bringing to the table. 

Whoscored, which takes a range of stats, relevant to the players position, to come up with a rating per game. Then they work out an average from all the individual games. It's a relatively accurate way of comparing players, as it takes real world data rather than perceptions, which can be particularly ambiguous. 

Just for reference, Cash achieved a rating of 7.29 as RB last season. 

Edited by Made In Aston

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Didnt say he couldn’t attract Benrahma this was referring to other players and not saying Ancelotti will get players in and win the league but they are of a higher calibre because of him regardless of how you look at it. There could be more to it behind the scenes like you've stated of course and i even told Benrahma personally to come to the club as we need you at VP and he’s response was god willing .. well he said inshallah which pretty much means that. This means nothing of course if other clubs come in for him but i just feel we may stand still if we dont get certain players in.

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Whoscored, which takes a range of stats, relevant to the players position, to come up with a rating per game. Then they work out an average from all the individual games. It's a relatively accurate way of comparing players, as it takes real world data rather than perceptions, which can be particularly ambiguous. 

Just for reference, Cash achieved a rating of 7.29 as RB last season. 

Yeah I still don't get the context.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Think you're right we aren't getting our first choice targets.

If Fulham are in Djangias - they have the London factor which is often a pull for players. Not that I'm overly fussed about him.

Problem is, he might consider that Fulham like WBA, are a fair bet to "do a Fulham" and go straight back down, where we by comparison are an "established" PL team. :D

Edited by John