Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

But your original post stated you would take Henry over Watkins and Benrahma. I then questioned why you would take a player achieving a rating of 6.85 (referring to RH) over two players who achieved 7.3 and 7.51 respectively. I thought it was clearly implied (given the context) that those two players were Watkins and Benrahma, but apologies for not being explicit. 

It wasn't. Which was why I asked who you were talking about.

Either way it's a pointless comparison. We are talking about completely different positions, so it's more a question about what positions you feel we need covered more, and possibly more important where we get value for money. I think when we are quoted £ 25-30 million a piece for Watkins and Benrahma and Henry might be available for £ 10 million. I suspect it will be easier to find alternatives else where for the money talked about for Watkins and Benrahma. For Henry I'm not sure there is. 

Secondly Brentford were one of the highest scoring teams in that division, so it's no surprise their attacking players will have better stats than they're defenders. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Is fourth official legit? 

They have existed long enough to almost have 70k followers. While that doesn't mean a lot, it likely also means they get some stuff right or people would unfollow. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Would Lange know a great deal about Elliasson? Maybe a daft link but he doesn't seem too shabby...

He'd be an OK signing for FC Copenhagen so maybe he scouted him when he was at IFK Norrköping.

Would be a Jordan Bowery level signing for us.

I heard Tim Vickery yesterday mention that Manchester City have been linked with 17 year old Darío Sarmiento of Estudiantes, who has been compared to a young Messi. Apparently they are after £7m-8m for him. The old Messi it seems isn't quite enough for them. Perhaps we should consider a cheeky bid? Not ready to start yet, I know, but as Del Boy used to say "he who dares wins".  ;)

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Sounds like we're refusing to be fleeced with both transfer fees and contracts.  The last 15 years of our history has been marred by awful business where we've panicked and paid too much for players who were in-demand at that time and we gave them massive contracts.  We've also done the opposite and tried to put together a team on a budget and got relegated as a result.  The club almost went into administration because of being run by two bad regimes who followed an unsustainable business model.  For the first time ever, in my time as a Villa supporter, we're finally being run like a proper sustainable football club.  Recruiting heavily on the academy side, investing in infrastructure and front office teams, finding solid commercial/sponsorship deals, and most importantly, reining in on the overspending on the football side of things.  I'd rather make financially sustainable, gradual change to the team than to bet the bank again on short term improvements.  I'm happy with moving on to our 2nd/3rd choice targets if our 1st choices are expecting silly money at this time.  

This is football, I have never heard of that which you describe?

21 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Is fourth official legit? 

Their twitter feed makes them look so - called a lot of things that have happened. 

Really hope the Watkins news is true (and Romero tbf) - sign them both up and then we just need a winger and a CM.