Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Pure speed merchant, would have been a solid signing if we'd been relegated.

12 assists for them last season, never really been close to a spot in the Swedish national side

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

All we have is press links which is rubbish I know.

It seems we have come in last minute for Dianganas after West Brom were closing on the deal.  We were previously in for Rashica and Benrhama but now onto Dianganas, what happened to Benrhama? Just curious

Had my heart set on Benrahma, and Rashica seemed a good buy, but actually if Dianganas is 22 y.o. full of promise and nearly as good at £13m rising to £18m that sounds a decent enough consolation if Benrahma (25y.o.) is £30m+

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah I still don't get the context.

It means Rico Henry didn't perform at a particularly high level last season, compared to others in the division. For more context sessegnon achieved a 7.04 rating in his breakthrough year and couldn't step up. Matt Doherty averaged 7.14 and made the grade. It's not a definite science, but suggests that Henry has a smaller chance of making the step up. With a transfer fee of 10m plus this would represent too much risk. 

Edited by Made In Aston

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Pure speed merchant, would have been a solid signing if we'd been relegated.

12 assists for them last season, never really been close to a spot in the Swedish national side

well with a glowing review like that, sign him up! 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It means Rico Henry didn't perform at a particularly high level last season, compared to others in the division. For more context sessegnon achieved a 7.04 rating in his breakthrough year and couldn't step up. Matt Doherty averaged 7.14 and made the grade. It's not a definite science, but suggests that Henry has a smaller chance of making the step up. With a transfer fee of 10m plus this would represent too much risk. 

You actually have to list the players you refer to when you make ratings, or this becomes very difficult. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I have already! It's OK to admit you are wrong you know, no need to play dumb 😉

I'm sorry but you haven't. You said and I quote "So you would rather have a player who achieved a rating of 6.85 last season over two players who reached 7.3 and 7.51 respectively?!"

No players mentioned what so ever. 

Hard to be wrong when you are just saying numbers.

8.67 and 9.64. Seems I'm right. See I can do it too. 

Cash and Watkins hell yeh good. Now need some links to some next level players, like when we were being linked with Rashica and McKennie, but this time lets have there be some truth to the links. A genuine top half of the table ready midfielder would make the world of difference to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm sorry but you haven't. You said and I quote "So you would rather have a player who achieved a rating of 6.85 last season over two players who reached 7.3 and 7.51 respectively?!"

No players mentioned what so ever. 

Hard to be wrong when you are just saying numbers.

8.67 and 9.64. Seems I'm right. See I can do it too. 

But your original post stated you would take Henry over Watkins and Benrahma. I then questioned why you would take a player achieving a rating of 6.85 (referring to RH) over two players who achieved 7.3 and 7.51 respectively. I thought it was clearly implied (given the context) that those two players were Watkins and Benrahma, but apologies for not being explicit.