Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I’m only half joking about this but - in terms of not getting fleeced by Championship clubs - surely our best strategy this summer is:

- one or two permanent signings to fight for a first team place (eg Cash) but then
- 2-3 QUALITY loans of EXPERIENCED Prem players and finally
- 3-4 ‘unearthed gems’ that we loan out to Championship teams?

In terms of the Experienced Prem players, maybe Albrighton might come back, maybe Victor Moses, Rahman Baba or Tiemeuo Bakayoko from Chelsea. And no, no Drinkwater types.

In terms of the ‘unearthed gems’, I mean the likes of Benrahma when he came from Nice, Mbeumo when he arrived from Troyes. There are plenty of other examples.

So the loans give us the vital Prem experience we need for this season, and the unearthed gems are the ones who get trained up in the Championship so we don’t get robbed blind next summer by Championship clubs.

And any of the unearthed gems that look too good for the Championship we can recall in the January window.

• Like 1

Dusan Vlahovic would be an exciting one to target.

Big target man with loads of potential.

I reckon we could get him on loan and offer a big fixed fee they like the look of.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Just now, quazzie goat said:

Watkins for the price suggested is a massive no. The goals he scores is down to poor goalkeeping. If it was £10m then definitely worth a punt but anymore nah come on. 

I agree, Maupay was only £20m last Summer, Brentford just trying to fleece us again.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not next Wednesday??

Next Wednesday is all about signings from the continent. Players we’ve never heard of but have videos on YouTube with over 5m views. 

Next Wednesday is certainly the big one, but let’s enjoy the signing of Watkins tomorrow before a few beers at the weekend. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

But, his stats were done on the pitch, not paper. They speak for themselves and, remember, he is only 21 so has plenty of time to get even better. 

These are his goals last season... 

Must say, I wasn’t impressed in the matches I’d seen him play towards the end of the season but this video has convinced me he has something. I believe (lazily, without checking) he was their record signing last year though so they will still demand the Brentford standard fee.

4 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Must say, I wasn’t impressed in the matches I’d seen him play towards the end of the season but this video has convinced me he has something. I believe (lazily, without checking) he was their record signing last year though so they will still demand the Brentford standard fee.

I think somebody said Mbuemo picked up Covid so maybe thats why his form wasnt so good near the end. I think he be a better pick up than Benrahma

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Still think Maupay is a better striker than Watkins but Watkins will still be a big upgrade from Wesley and Samatta

You might be right. I like Maupays tenacity, he gets in yer face, but Watkins seems more athletic. I would happily take either, either improve us.