Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t know this Dianganas player apart from YouTube clips.  Just concerns me that ‘links’ had us after Aarons, then Trippier and then we got Cash.  

Now we were after Rashica, then Benrhama and now Dianganas.....we seem to be not getting our first or second targets.  

I can only go by media links but the steps down in quality from each step seems to make sense....

Think you're right we aren't getting our first choice targets.

If Fulham are in Djangias - they have the London factor which is often a pull for players. Not that I'm overly fussed about him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I love this idea, sign 3 championship players to add to the team that just avoided relegation and we're one good signing off challenging Spurs and Wolves for 6th 🤪

Wolves had full squad of Championship players and went to Europe. 😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed, just wonder if Aarons was actually our first choice and the fee was too high?

Signing exciting young players has to be the remit with maybe a more experienced head or solid/physical player such as a CM to help out.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t bid for Buendia too, also quite eager for us to sign Benrahma tbh now.

Your eager.. im itching,dying and desperate to sign Benrahma .. i dont want Rashica i want Benrahma and its killing me that we havent secured any negotiations for him and now other clubs are in the loop for him 🤦🏽‍♂️ Benrahma is a better player than Rashica believe me. Please can we get him and ill just turn a blind eye to whoever else we want to sign. And yes we need experience like a solid CM also 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

Latest I heard is we are going to £22m plus add ons.

The thing with Watkins though is he can play very well across the entire front line.  So you get more flexibility and value.  Benrahma can really only play LW.

£24m +£3m according to the group of visiting fans who are having a congregation in the Olli Watkins thread atm.

Then again visiting fans are as clueless as we are.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't mind Targett, but if I were to pick out something I feel the second a player kicks the ball past him, he takes a week to recover ground. I don't know what it is. Turn of pace or whatever it's called. 

But tbh it's more I thing where I think Taylor is a total liability. 

I actually think defensively Taylor is a better player than Targett. Problem is Taylor offers nothing going forward. So he is just not what we need. Henry for me would be a replacement for Taylor, that's genuinely stiff competition for Targett.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

I actually think defensively Taylor is a better player than Targett. Problem is Taylor offers nothing going forward. So he is just not what we need. Henry for me would be a replacement for Taylor, that's genuinely stiff competition for Targett.

Yes I don't mind Taylor defensively, but when I say liability I mean he's a total handicap to the way we play. 

The amount of times you've seen Taylor recieve the ball across the half way line and he's face looks like that confused gif doing trig math on the fly. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I know absolutely nothing about Diangana

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

I do though Sir...

Good good player

I'd  Love Grady Diangana at AVFC

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Was always going to happen.

He's a good player and rated very highly by Baggies fans.

On 04/08/2020 at 14:29, AvfcRigo82 said:

WBA trying their up most to sign Eze from QPR as it stands. I agree he is very highly rated and a good striker. They (WBA) were also waiting on trying to sign Diangana from the Hammers aswell.

It would be funny to scupper them and go in and sign both from under their noses.

Problem for Diangana though is that he got injured twice this season which kept him out for lengthy periods.

If we were to take a punt on the latter mentioned attack midfielder then it woukd need to be a loan first with a future buy clause.

Sorry I never started a thread about it though, as there was more interest from a WBA aide than the Villa side. Many being suprised that he would leave West Ham or they would even sell him.

Referring to what I posted earlier, Deals can take weeks to materialise and complete.. Just because they are not flashing up on some BBC or Sky banner doesn't mean they haven't been developing in the background.

Good signing for WBA if they get it over the line...

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Taylor is at best, a mid table championship player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wet Spam are broke, that's why!

Think it's more a case of he wants to play week in week out now (which he would at WBA) and they have Bowen for one win and Antonio will probably go to the other if they sign another striker. Also still got Felipe Anderson and Yarmolenko knocking around.

Diangana is good. However for those doing their nut over Wilson's injuries he had two hamstring injuries last season, missed three months in total.

I suspect he'll still go to WBA.

I wouldn't be surprised if Albion have manufactured this whole us being in for Diangana link, so when they sign him they can look like they've gotten one over us, and it will look like a bigger coup in their fans eyes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Knew nothing about him but he looks really good! Young too, fits our profile.

I just question why West Ham are willing to let him go?

Reckon it's just because they are now stacked there, or he doesn't cut the grade?

Moyes doesn't really rate him or see's where he would fit in.

Slav knows more about Grady than Moyes. The move suits all parties.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet he held his own in the Premier League when called upon. Goes to show the gap in quality between the bottom half of Premier League and top half of Championship isn’t that big.

:sigh:

I cant be bothered to even argue the point.

Taylor.

that is all.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, nick76 said:

All we have is press links which is rubbish I know.

It seems we have come in last minute for Dianganas after West Brom were closing on the deal.  We were previously in for Rashica and Benrhama but now onto Dianganas, what happened to Benrhama? Just curious

Diangana is a left sided attacking winger, Rashica is right mate.

Benrahma will prob move to West Ham or Arsenal if he does, imo. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

OK...another obvious question, if west ham is the calibre of club that could attract benrahma, and they're willing to sell this lad because he's supposedly not as good as benrahma, why don't we just bloody buy benrahma?

hate to be a pessimist, but this makes no sense to me

That cycle infuriates me if that ever happens.. why are we not trying to everything in our power to sign him... we are stuck in the championship too much also why are there not many links for players abroad.. i just think DS cant attract certain players and thats a huge problem for us.. Need a Fillet Steak manager like Ancelotti i guess. Generally speaking i think our ambitions on the scale of 1-10 are about 3 and thats not me slating the club as our business has not concluded and i just feel like we may miss out on players like Benrahma and bring in  3rd choice targets like a Harry Wilson. Its painful not seeing the players that you want that are realistically available and have been targets not brought in. 

• Like 1