Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Concerned at our increasing distancing from our previous targets. Benrahma appears WHU bound, Rashica looks slipping away. Why we are suddenly looking at Eliasson makes me think we are down to option E already. 

We Desperately needed pace, and upgrades on AEG, Trez and our striker, we had £100m allegedly but it doesn’t look It’s going to happen.

[nobody tell me ‘how do you know’, I am just playing along, but don’t tell me you are not a little concerned at how this might play out]

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Concerned at our increasing distancing from our previous targets. Benrahma appears WHU bound, Rashica looks slipping away. Why we are suddenly looking at Eliasson makes me think we are down to option E already. 

To be fair, we haven’t legitimately been linked with Benrahma all summer. We seem to like him, but not enough to spend £20M+ on him. We didn’t want to pay it last summer, and he’s the same player now as then.

As for Rashica, we obviously did want him, but we can’t make him love us back. If I were him, I wouldn’t want to sign for Villa either. As fans, we know the club’s history and potential. But to him, we’re a club that nearly got relegated again after several seasons in the Championship—and isn’t in London. It’s a tough sell.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Weird that only him and Mitrovic in the league managed to capitalize 25 times on the poor goalkeeping.

Not really, there's just not many good strikers in that league, at least that can make the step up to the Prem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Christoph Baumgartner, and Rabbi Matondo sorts the wings out, and fits our model, wage structure. No doubt give a year or two and they will be unobtainable if they continue to develop at the same pace. Get it done Villa ! 

I picked Baumgartner out when I saw him last season as a player I'd love us to sign. He's a beautiful footballer and only going to get better. Would be an absolutely outstanding signing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Tammy, Maupay, Pukki and even Che Addams did alright last season.

Tammy did well in a free flowing Chelsea team but then was kept out the team by Giroud. Would love to have him back, but think he'll struggle next season. Wanted Maupay last season, you could see from watching him in the Champ he was clinical and most his goals would go in in the Prem. Wouldn't take Pukki and Adams scored less goals than Wesley in double the amount of appearances so didn't do well

41 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Weird that only him and Mitrovic in the league managed to capitalize 25 times on the poor goalkeeping.

Naturally not all of his goals are down to it, I’m just saying from the clips I’ve seen the goalkeeping and defending is generally woeful and if it were up against Premier League defenders and goalkeepers he doesn’t get in that space or the keeper saves it. £10m is a no brainer but the touted £20-25n we can move on to someone else. 

13 minutes ago, Villain-from-Texas said:

To be fair, we haven’t legitimately been linked with Benrahma all summer. We seem to like him, but not enough to spend £20M+ on him. We didn’t want to pay it last summer, and he’s the same player now as then.

Benrahma has improved, and showed he is no flash in the pan. The market has also moved on. He’s a £30m player all day long, just depends on wages. The hammers pay silly money, we can’t compete.

Maddison was a £20m championship signing in 2018, shows it’s all down to scouting, belief and the individual and nothing to do with what league they are in. Maddison is now worth £80m

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Still think Maupay is a better striker than Watkins but Watkins will still be a big upgrade from Wesley and Samatta

The guys that watch him week in/week out would disagree with you here. I'd tend to listen to them. They have a far greater knowledge of maupay/Watkins. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Tammy did well in a free flowing Chelsea team but then was kept out the team by Giroud. Would love to have him back, but think he'll struggle next season. Wanted Maupay last season, you could see from watching him in the Champ he was clinical and most his goals would go in in the Prem. Wouldn't take Pukki and Adams scored less goals than Wesley in double the amount of appearances so didn't do well

Brentford fans seem to think Watkins is better than Maupay was, which is good enough for me as I wanted Maupay last season.

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

The guys that watch him week in/week out would disagree with you here. I'd tend to listen to them. They have a far greater knowledge of maupay/Watkins. 

Don’t necessarily disagree. However, could be recency bias.

19 minutes ago, Villain-from-Texas said:

As for Rashica, we obviously did want him, but we can’t make him love us back. If I were him, I wouldn’t want to sign for Villa either. As fans, we know the club’s history and potential. But to him, we’re a club that nearly got relegated again after several seasons in the Championship—and isn’t in London. It’s a tough sell.

Here's the thing though, the type of player that Benrahma is - a tricky, creative winger - will cost you.  Teams were paying £20m for these types 10 years ago.

So either the figure they want is much much higher or we aren't actually that interested and/or he's our plan b, c or d. 

Bums off seats players will cost us 20m - 30m unless you manage to unearth a gem.

I mean, do we want him or not?  Not convinced we do. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Here's the thing though, the type of player that Benrahma is - a tricky, creative winger - will cost you.  Teams were paying £20m for these types 10 years ago.

So either the figure they want is much much higher or we aren't actually that interested and/or he's our plan b, c or d. 

Bums off seats players will cost us 20m - 30m unless you manage to unearth a gem.

I mean, do we want him or not?  Not convinced we do. 

Everton paid 50m for Richarlison how long ago I don't really rate him