Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Would Lange know a great deal about Elliasson? Maybe a daft link but he doesn't seem too shabby...

This is so random that it must be true. Somewhat underwhelming but may be a decent option off the bench!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

Just from the video as I've not seen him play live....

His crossing looked a bit hit and hope, his movement is all a bit staccato so the ball never quite looked under control, for a pace merchant he didn't seem to run away from anyone, his bag of tricks is limited, his technique was bang average at best, he seemed to play with his head down on the ball unless he is acres of space so situational awareness not great and there was some bad decision making/blind alleys run down and all this in a highlight reel. It is not an impressive video and all I am doing here is reviewing said video.

Did he get crosses in the box?

8 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Essential viewing, even if you're not a massive science fiction fan.

yeah really enjoyed it, was a bit ropey in places, but overall a really good show.

the first episode (where there are constantly jumping ot escape), is a really really good episode.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Essential viewing, even if you're not a massive science fiction fan.

Poor mans Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, biddie-biddie-biddie! What's upBuck?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Being linked to Championship players gets you relegated?

No but buying nothing but championship players will.  If watkins comes, which it is looking increasingly likely, thats 40m on two championship players. 
No matter how good they have been in the championship, thats just ridiculous.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have no problems buying players from the Championship, but in the same way you can’t all buy French U21s players you can’t just only buy Championship players either.

I KNOW we’re only one signing in, but all the links are a little depressing.However good Diangana may turn out to be he’s only had one season in the Championship and now he’s a £20m player?

I mean surely Lange’s whole appointment was supposed to be smart signings, not being ripped off by Championship clubs just because they can see us coming every time.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

No but buying nothing but championship players will.  If watkins comes, which it is looking increasingly likely, thats 40m on two championship players. 

Unless they do well and then this opinion is obsolete. 

It’s a lazy assumption that the best championship players will get you relegated. 

this assumption is as lazy as as Alan Hansen’s “you can't win anything with kids” statement. 
look how that turned out. 

• Like 1

I know there are a lot of people who would love us to sign Benrahma from Brentford but he is looking at anything from £25m to £30m+. What about Bryan Mbeumo from Brentford as an alternative? Not sure how much he would cost but guessing something less than Benrahma? These are my reasons for suggesting the alternative:

Benrahma is 25 - Mbeumo is 21 = more room for improvement. 

Benrahma plays left-sided attack - Mbeumo plays right-side attack = Left side attack is by far our strongest side with Grealish, Trezeguet and Watkins (assuming he signs) all able to play there. We currently have El Ghazi down the right side. 

Benrahma scored 17 and had 9 assists last season from 3, 843 minutes of play.  226 mins per goal / 427 mins per assist. 

Mbeumo scored 16 and had 7 assists last season from 3,164 minutes of play. 197 mins per goal / 452 mins per assist. 

Just thinking that, considering Benrahma played around 7.5 games more and only scored 1 and had 2 assists more, Mbeumo may be more of what we need and be the better deal for us right now. 

Any thoughts?

(I know, he is Championship and I've bemoaned this stage for attracting players but if we're going there he seems a better fit for us) 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Well if nothing else given all the links so far it looks like the club plans to add pace this year which is much needed. 

Pace! 

Check out 2:20, this guy is fracking lightning. Quicker than Adama! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

The last two seasons saw Watford bring in players from the Premier League, the Championship, Serie A, La Liga and others. They were sent down.

Bournemouth brought in players from the Premier League, the Championship and La Liga. They were sent down.

Last year the only Premier League player Sheffield United brought in that wasn't on a free was Lys Mousset. They stayed up.

It's not where the players come from. It's who the players are.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I know there are a lot of people who would love us to sign Benrahma from Brentford but he is looking at anything from £25m to £30m+. What about Bryan Mbeumo from Brentford as an alternative? Not sure how much he would cost but guessing something less than Benrahma? These are my reasons for suggesting the alternative:

Benrahma plays left-sided attack - Mbeumo plays right-side attack = Left side attack is by far our strongest side with Grealish, Trezeguet and Watkins (assuming he signs) all able to play there. We currently have El Ghazi down the right side. 

Benrahma scored 17 and had 9 assists last season from 3, 843 minutes of play.  226 mins per goal / 427 mins per assist. 

Mbeumo scored 16 and had 7 assists last season from 3,164 minutes of play. 197 mins per goal / 452 mind per assist. 

Just thinking that, considering Benrahma played around 7.5 games more and only scored 1 and had 2 assists more, Mbeumo may be more of what we need and be the better deal for us right now. 

Any thoughts?

(I know, he is Championship and I've bemoaned this stage for attracting players but if we're going there he seems a better fit for us) 

Get it done

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I generally agree. We did almost get relegated though if not for a four game miracle run.  If we had of got relegated people would’ve been screaming now.  So I agree with your comments on the whole but we have to balance being frugal with fighting relegation next season and potentially losing that battle which will have bigger consequences.

Yeah, but we were also promoted ahead of schedule because of a 10 game miracle run the season before that one...  We're ahead of schedule on our long term plan and shouldn't jeopardize that.

8 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Mbeumo scored 16 and had 7 assists last season from 3,164 minutes of play. 197 mins per goal / 452 mind per assist. 

Any thoughts?

on paper looks ok, but i dunno, the few times i saw Mbeumo i wasnt that impressed?