Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

50 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If raiding BCFC then I’d be going for Han-Noah Massengo. Elliason only makes sense as a back up signing so maybe Trez or El Ghazi will be leaving perhaps? 

I’ve mentioned him several times on here. Quality player. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Why do I get the feeling that the people criticizing Elliason have probably hardly ever seen him play, if at all.

You only need to see the 2 minute YT highlights reel, there is a simple formula on what you see:

1. Seems Brilliant - wouldnt step up to our division. Too risky

2. Seems Good - everything decent they've ever done is on here, probably generally rubbish. Avoid

3. Average - actually terrible. Massively avoid

tricky little so and so.

But looks a bit show pony, needs to tone the show pony and increase the output a bit more, he would get nailed with some of these tricks in the Prem.

(although, it says now he has his WBA medical booked for tomorrow)

Edited by MaVilla

We were probably never in for Diangana in the first place, but it's good PR for Albion if their fans think they've beaten us to a signing, especially when they probably won't be signing many other players to get excited about.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I know right! Smith, famously the sole decision maker in our recruitment process, is rumoured to want to buy a Championship standard winger. What is he thinking!?

He also punched the Queen, allegedly. What an arse. #SmithOut!

Legend if he walloped that old trout.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I somewhat expected with Johan Lange’s appointment we would be linked with players like Christoph Baumgartner ( poor mans Havertz ) young versatile CAM/LW @ Hoffenheim. 7 goals and 4 assists in the Bundesliga last season . 

Ismail Jacobs is another great young talent @ FC Koln LB/LW 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/who-is-ismail-jakobs-cologne-rookie-of-the-month-achraf-hakimi-9220

A full-back just as happy playing wide of a front three, who combines pace and power with a goal-threat? Jakobs bears more than just a passing resemblance to Borussia Dortmund and Morocco star Achraf Hakimi.

This account seems to get a fair bit right and has a good amount of followers. It isn’t rocket science this one though as it’s well documented were after him. You could say this out of thin air and we probably are going to sign him in the next few days.

But very exciting if true! 

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Sounds like we're refusing to be fleeced with both transfer fees and contracts.  The last 15 years of our history has been marred by awful business where we've panicked and paid too much for players who were in-demand at that time and we gave them massive contracts.  We've also done the opposite and tried to put together a team on a budget and got relegated as a result.  The club almost went into administration because of being run by two bad regimes who followed an unsustainable business model.  For the first time ever, in my time as a Villa supporter, we're finally being run like a proper sustainable football club.  Recruiting heavily on the academy side, investing in infrastructure and front office teams, finding solid commercial/sponsorship deals, and most importantly, reining in on the overspending on the football side of things.  I'd rather make financially sustainable, gradual change to the team than to bet the bank again on short term improvements.  I'm happy with moving on to our 2nd/3rd choice targets if our 1st choices are expecting silly money at this time.  

I generally agree. We did almost get relegated though if not for a four game miracle run.  If we had of got relegated people would’ve been screaming now.  So I agree with your comments on the whole but we have to balance being frugal with fighting relegation next season and potentially losing that battle which will have bigger consequences.

Just watched some of the Eliasson highlights expecting him to look atrocious from what others have said, not really sure what they're talking about, I've no idea how representive those highlights are of how he normally plays, but he looks far from trash to me if you're judging him from that video alone, has plenty of pace, skillful and can create chances as his assist record shows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If the rumours are true with us being linked to every tom, dick and harry in the championship, there is only one place we are going to end up next season.  👇

how often are the rumours true?

1 minute ago, useless said:

Just watched some of the Eliasson highlights expecting him to look atrocious from what others have said, not really sure what they're talking about, I've no idea how representive those highlights are of how he normally plays, but he looks far from trash to me if you're judging him from that video alone, has plenty of pace, skillful and can create chances as his assist record shows.

similar reaction though he didnt look as fast I was expecting, tricky in a one on one and Bristol missed a lot of chances from his crosses. Reminded me a bit of the Jota videos from last season

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I somewhat expected with Johan Lange’s appointment we would be linked with players like Christoph Baumgartner ( poor mans Havertz ) young versatile CAM/LW @ Hoffenheim. 7 goals and 4 assists in the Bundesliga last season.

This guy is mustard.

If we didn't get him this summer, we'll never get him.

• Thanks 1