Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Are we actually going to sign someone,or are we going to do what we did last season and end up with people like Drinkwater ?

I cant understand why we didnt offer Scott Hogan as a part swap for Watkins and Benerama.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

If we bought watkins it would be to initially compete with samatta for the position.

The nice thing about watkins is he can play anywhere across the front 3 if required.

In terms of wesely, even if he is back in training by November, he won't actually be up to speed for weeks, which will probably mean he will at most play a bit part until Christmas or the new year, which is also probably the best way to deal with it and slowly phase him back in.

Considering we will technically only have watkins and samatta as competing CFs, I would keep davis around the squad until Jan, then at least we will have 3 options and we will know in Jan where wesley is in his recovery.

We can then make a decision re davis.

On paper we will have a lot of strikers, but for the first 2/3 months of the season it would only be 2 if we signed watkins and let davis go.

Wesley will be back in weeks not months - he was back running in June and his recovery is going Very well last I heard 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Are we actually going to sign someone,or are we going to do what we did last season and end up with people like Drinkwater ?

I cant understand why we didnt offer Scott Hogan as a part swap for Watkins and Benerama.

They sold him to us in the first place. I think they know he's not the best.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Who negociates everything?

Is it all down to Purslow? Is there a committee?

Well that’s the big question. We can do all the research and data analysis in the world, but someone has to get the deal over the line Andy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Wesley will be back in weeks not months - he was back running in June and his recovery is going Very well last I heard 

He is going to need time to get match fit. Also no one knows how he will hold up to the forces his knee will go through once he plays competitive football. Then there's the possibility of the surrounding muscles and ligaments which will have been weakened due to inactivity. Training and practice matches Are nothing compared to what these guys go through in a competitive game. I'd say Wesley is realistically 3 months away from being a sub for us.

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

They sold him to us in the first place. I think they know he's not the best.

I know that but I thought we bought him because he was a good player in the Championship.

I know that but I thought we bought him because he was a good player in the Championship.

I think Hogan would be ok in the SPL. Lower championship seems to be his level. Brentford are easily top 6 and they have a system of recruitment.

You don't spend the kind of money we did on Hogan for good championship players. 

We paid top money in that division for a player we thought was good enough to score loads of goals to get us out of that division (someone like tammy)...he wasn't and he didn't. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He is going to need time to get match fit. Also no one knows how he will hold up to the forces his knee will go through once he plays competitive football. Then there's the possibility of the surrounding muscles and ligaments which will have been weakened due to inactivity. Training and practice matches Are nothing compared to what these guys go through in a competitive game. I'd say Wesley is realistically 3 months away from being a sub for us.

This is in line with what i've been told.

Realistically wont be starting games until christmas at the earliest.

8 hours ago, Eastie said:

he may be back to full on training in weeks, but it will then take weeks to get up to speed, he has been off with a serious injury for a long time.

Those weeks it takes to get up to actual prem speed, is effecitvely a couple of months, so as i said, it will probably be closer to christmas than now before he is at 100%.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

i think we need benrahma weather jack stays or goes, if jack stays it will allow him to play attacking midfield while benrahma goes out on the left and if jack goes hes as close as skill level who we can attract so we will sign benrahma and watkins its a no brainer 🥳

42 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Err.. Because they have zero interest in having him back. 

8 hours ago, Villa94 said:

i think we need benrahma weather jack stays or goes, if jack stays it will allow him to play attacking midfield while benrahma goes out on the left and if jack goes hes as close as skill level who we can attract so we will sign benrahma and watkins its a no brainer 🥳

we need a winger for sure (Benraham or someone else), so we then have Grealish, New Winger, El Ghazi & Trez for the 2 spots. (& Watkins who can play wide if needed - if we sign him)

If Grealish does go, we need 2 wingers.