Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

44 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I cant understand why we didnt offer Scott Hogan as a part swap for Watkins and Benerama.

Maybe we did and that’s part of the problem. It can take years to make up/solve mistakes. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Are we actually going to sign someone,or are we going to do what we did last season and end up with people like Drinkwater ?

I cant understand why we didnt offer Scott Hogan as a part swap for Watkins and Benerama.

becuase they wouldnt want Hogan, and i think we can all completely understand why.

Best hope for us is to sell Hogan for a couple of million to a champ club. (if they can afford his wages)

Edited by MaVilla

4 hours ago, rayk said:

I think only time will tell. In addition to us, I’ve seen him recently linked to Arsenal, Leeds, Palace even Chelsea.

Part of it too might simply be the fee Brentford are asking for him. £25m is pretty steep for a winger and so limits the number of clubs interested.

If the fee was £15m, there would be a massive scramble for his signature.

I suspect that the fee Brentford are asking for Benrahma, is at least £5m above that. If it had been £25m, I think that price would have been paid already.  

Although you can never be sure I very much doubt that there isn’t an intention to spend what is required to get us closer to the middle of the PL this season. It’s just maybe that the sort of players that can do that are taking some convincing or are maybe ‘considering their options’. A lot of the players mentioned so far should be good enough to make us a bit safer but are perhaps not the level required to ‘push us on’ properly to use football bullshit  Even maybe some of those are having to think about it considering how shit we were last season until those last 4 games.

23 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This 100%

We are not jumping to top 6 this year. We need to stay in the league and move up a few places. That's it for right now  

Agreed.

This is why we need sensible signings, not marquee signings.

Let Everton sign the likes of Rodriguez. They're a basket case club anyway.

Progress for me looks like this:

• Hold on to Grealish and Luiz, whatever it costs us. Both would be extremely difficult to replace.
  • Sign a goalscorer (Watkins or Edouard please).
  • Sign a winger (or two) who can provide for our striker.
  • Strengthen the back line if possible (a full-back who can cover both sides, a centre-half of equal or better quality to Mings and Konsa).

That would be a very tidy window for me.

I know we're in for Martinez or another goalkeeper to challenge Heaton but it seems a luxury. I honestly trust Steer until Heaton's back. Sell Kalinic or Nyland.

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

Agreed.

This is why we need sensible signings, not marquee signings.

Let Everton sign the likes of Rodriguez. They're a basket case club anyway.

Progress for me looks like this:

• Hold on to Grealish and Luiz, whatever it costs us. Both would be extremely difficult to replace.
  • Sign a goalscorer (Watkins or Edouard please).
  • Sign a winger (or two) who can provide for our striker.
  • Strengthen the back line if possible (a full-back who can cover both sides, a centre-half of equal or better quality to Mings and Konsa).

That would be a very tidy window for me.

I know we're in for Martinez or another goalkeeper to challenge Heaton but it seems a luxury. I honestly trust Steer until Heaton's back. Sell Kalinic or Nyland.

agree with 90% of this, except also think we need a quality MC also.

for me we need:

• Keep Grealish & Luiz, as well as other key players (as u say)
  • Striker (Watkins or Edouard)
  • Winger (Benrahma, Rashica, Buendia or someone else who is quality)
  • Central Midfielder to play alongside McGinn/Luiz. (must be quality)
  • LB and/or RB to challenge Targett/Guilbert. (Cash/Henry possibly)
  • Possibly a GK until we are sure Heaton isnt going ot get injured again/until he recovers from injury (could be loan)

Probably within budget also, Watkins (25m), Winger (25m), Central Midfielder (25m), Cash (10-15m), Henry (10-15m), GK (loan) - 100m - 110m total there.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

I don’t think we should worry so much. We need players but we don’t need to rush them in like last season. We could quite easily add players up to the close of the window and still have enough for the season. Last year we needed recruits very quickly because we had nothing.

• Like 3