Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

im just fed up of hearing small time players linked to us and if its true shame if you dont like what i say dont be personal id ont run other fans down

Just be patient mate and ignore all the speculation and internet rumours.

We’ll see how we’re looking once we get a few signings completed.

You never know, it’s possible that none of the players we’re actually after have even been reported on. 

Plenty of reason for hope and optimism, we need to take the impetus from staying up forwards and I’m sure we will make progress.

Forget the doubts, we’ve been improving year on year since NSWE & Dean arrived.

We can’t expect instant success, these things take time and its a step by step process.

UTV

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes, not a chance this is gen. 

I don’t think the press, reporters and “ITKs” actually have any idea about the kind of business we will be doing.

There is too much BS & baseless speculation out there nowadays...

Best not to pay too much attention until we actually have bids accepted and start bringing players in.

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh gawd, Callum Wilson? I really hope we don’t rest our striking hopes on him alone. If he’s coming in with another then so be it, but if he’s the striker... oh gawd.

Depends on the price difference.  If Wilson is available for £15M then I wouldn't be paying £25m for Watkins. 

I think people need to be open to the fact that we might not have as much to spend as has been touted in the press (£100M) I did post some itk last week though that we were reluctant to meet Wilson's wage demands - as he is already on a good whack.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think the press, reporters and “ITKs” actually have any idea about the kind of business we will be doing.

There is too much BS & baseless speculation out there nowadays...

Best not to pay too much attention until we actually have bids accepted and start bringing players in.

I’d be amazed if Watkins doesn’t come to us given his previous with Smith. The one I think may be ringer is Edouard. I suspect we’re in for an established striker playing in Europe. 

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

i dont necessarily  have a massive issue with not signing Watkins (although i would like us to), but i do have a massive issue with us moving for Wilson, rather than say, Edouard...if the transfer doesn't come off for Watkins.....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’d be amazed if Watkins doesn’t come to us given his previous with Smith. The one I think may be ringer is Edouard. I suspect we’re in for an established striker playing in Europe. 

I really hope so, hope we’re not just signing more familiar and lower quality players (eg Wilson). I’m sure we are looking at younger players with big potential though and not wasting funds and wages on older, short term signings.

Edouard is a link that excites me, he looks really talented with good technique and has a great scoring record for such a young player.

Honestly, I can’t see how anyone can have a clue at this point. We must’ve appointed Lange for a reason...

Hoping for some stunning signings out of left field! 😆

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I really hope so, hope we’re not just signing more familiar and lower quality players.

Edouard is a link that excites me, he looks really talented with good technique and has a great scoring record for such a young player.

Honestly, I can’t see how anyone can have a clue at this point. We must’ve appointed Lange for a reason...

Hoping for some stunning signings out of left field! 😆

Yes same I'd rather us sign Edouard as I think most would or go all out and get Tammy.

I’m cynical about Wilson but as a short-term solution while Wes comes back and adapts again to English football I support it. Would also like to bring in Watkins and then that’s some solid striking options. Also all begin with W which would allow some great puns and internet gags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

A new central midfielder is critical and one of the most important signings we will make this summer. At the moment our best midfield three are Luiz, McGinn and Hourihane, we need someone better than Hourihane in the starting eleven, another decent player in there of a similar quality to Luiz and McGinn will make a big difference to us.

Certainly that’s hugely important for us and many seem to forget by just screaming two wingers and a striker.. We need someone to challenge and maybe even dethrone one of those guaranteed starters..

For example its like Wesley last season couldn’t score in like 11/12 games i think it were and we had nobody to replace him with and he keeps his position, well we shouldn’t be in that situation where players cant lose their spot when underperforming and the same for Mcginn towards the back end of the season.. I understand he was injured but still thats even more of a case to remove him out the equation if needed. 

• Like 1