Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

We have gone to the time, effort and expense to set up a completely new recruitment team. I’d like to think that they would be able to come up with something beyond the obvious signings that the press and us lot on here can come up with. Otherwise the club may as well just read VT and save a lot of time and dosh. 

limpid.

Lange.

Sound very similar......

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Haha 2

If we sign Watkins surely it will be to play as a striker. Otherwise, that ends any reason to buy Benrahma if Watkins is to play wide left. Does Smith see Watkins as the better option for wide left knowing he can play down the middle as well whereas Benrahma would be wide left only? 

I hope they've been honest with Watkins if that is the case. I wouldn't want a situation where he thinks he joins to play as a striker only to find himself running up and down the left wing. 

If they then buy a new striker they surely have to offload Davis on loan or sell him. If not him, maybe sell Samatta? We won't need the new guy, Wesley, Samatta and Watkins as well as Davis. 

Where is the right-sided forward? Were they thinking that Cash could play that or do they have all their eggs in the Rashica link? 

More information to further confirm Rashica is not coming to villa, or the Uk

him and mrs Rashica have just bought that quarter million quid Mercedes G-class AMG we’ve seen him in. 

it’s a left hanger, so not an ideal purchase if he’s planning on coming to the UK 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

him and mrs Rashica have just bought that quarter million quid Mercedes G-class AMG we’ve seen him in. 

it’s a left hanger, so not an ideal purchase if he’s planning on coming to the UK 

You can drive left handers over here. Just saying...

17 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

If we sign Watkins surely it will be to play as a striker. Otherwise, that ends any reason to buy Benrahma if Watkins is to play wide left. Does Smith see Watkins as the better option for wide left knowing he can play down the middle as well whereas Benrahma would be wide left only? 

I hope they've been honest with Watkins if that is the case. I wouldn't want a situation where he thinks he joins to play as a striker only to find himself running up and down the left wing. 

If they then buy a new striker they surely have to offload Davis on loan or sell him. If not him, maybe sell Samatta? We won't need the new guy, Wesley, Samatta and Watkins as well as Davis. 

If we bought watkins it would be to initially compete with samatta for the position.

The nice thing about watkins is he can play anywhere across the front 3 if required.

In terms of wesely, even if he is back in training by November, he won't actually be up to speed for weeks, which will probably mean he will at most play a bit part until Christmas or the new year, which is also probably the best way to deal with it and slowly phase him back in.

Considering we will technically only have watkins and samatta as competing CFs, I would keep davis around the squad until Jan, then at least we will have 3 options and we will know in Jan where wesley is in his recovery.

We can then make a decision re davis.

On paper we will have a lot of strikers, but for the first 2/3 months of the season it would only be 2 if we signed watkins and let davis go.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What colour is it?