Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He knows sweet nothing. I haven't seen him being right about anything since the Blackburn era. 

Ya, not so much about PL clubs for sure but he does definitely have links and get stuff right about Championship teams.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i assume that means Watkins will be moving to another club fairly soon? (us or someone else)

Looking forward to us paying £22m for Toney next year! 😂 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Looking forward to us playing £22m for Toney next year! 😂 

another year on, it will be a standard 30m next year m8...... (Brentford specific inflation and all that)

• Haha 1

Looking back at what I was thinking when the season ended, an absolute must was a new quality striker, a right winger, a wingback to cover both right and left (or two wingbacks for each side). So 3-4 players was an absolute must. Ideally I wanted a better DM, cover for Grealish and a CB as well. 

Now here's the question. Considering the very tough schedule this season, with lots and lots of matches and little time off... do you think we actually need a few more players just because wear and tear?

Obviously we are a way off since we haven't managed to make a single signing yet, but thought I'd throw the question out there. I would hate going in to this season and being stuck with AEG and Trez again. We just need better. 

29 minutes ago, useless said:

A new central midfielder is critical and one of the most important signings we will make this summer. At the moment our best midfield three are Luiz, McGinn and Hourihane, we need someone better than Hourihane in the starting eleven, another decent player in there of a similar quality to Luiz and McGinn will make a big difference to us.

Unless a winger means Grealish is dropping in there I agree. Luiz and McGinn plus another really good player would be a lovely midfield that keeps the ball well and has good energy as well, and that can win you games. 

34 minutes ago, useless said:

A new central midfielder is critical and one of the most important signings we will make this summer. At the moment our best midfield three are Luiz, McGinn and Hourihane, we need someone better than Hourihane in the starting eleven, another decent player in there of a similar quality to Luiz and McGinn will make a big difference to us.

Completely agree, but I'm not writing Marvelous off yet. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

More information to further confirm Rashica is not coming to villa, or the Uk

him and mrs Rashica have just bought that quarter million quid Mercedes G-class AMG we’ve seen him in. 

it’s a left hanger, so not an ideal purchase if he’s planning on coming to the UK 

Yeah, it looks a good car they got.

EggtMSYVkAIE1DS?format=jpg&name=large

47 minutes ago, Jareth said:

With Matty Cash on the verge of joining I am loving the idea of a Villa team in their early to mid twenties developing over the next season or two into a very good prem side. 

He's been sitting on that verge for a little too long, for me to think the chances of this one coming off, are above our usual 50/50.;)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Birmingham Live" claiming we are set to "step up" our chase for Callum Wilson as we might miss out on Watkins due to difference in valuation. Lol

It’s just been on sky saying we’re after 2 strikers and looking at Wilson if Watkins deal doesn’t get done