Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Apparently, Brentford have acquired Robin Hack from Nuremburg - didn't even take him on trial 🤣....

Supposedly Benrahma's replacement - which means....god knows what

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm intrigued by the lack of real interest in Benrahma. Obviously a good player, but I wonder if the general consensus among PL clubs is that he won't be as effective doing what he does in the PL. 

Maybe the lack of speculation is due to a deal already done but pending Brentford bringing in their replacements first. A few weeks ago he had front and centre being touted as a target for multiple clubs but then practically nothing. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Maybe the lack of speculation is due to a deal already done but pending Brentford bringing in their replacements first. A few weeks ago he had front and centre being touted as a target for multiple clubs but then practically nothing. 

That’s my theory too. Who was after last summer, and who is stealthy silent in transfer dealings...? I’m hoping it’s a done deal with us. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm intrigued by the lack of real interest in Benrahma. Obviously a good player, but I wonder if the general consensus among PL clubs is that he won't be as effective doing what he does in the PL. 

That's my belief also

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think only time will tell. In addition to us, I’ve seen him recently linked to Arsenal, Leeds, Palace even Chelsea.

Part of it too might simply be the fee Brentford are asking for him. £25m is pretty steep for a winger and so limits the number of clubs interested.

If the fee was £15m, there would be a massive scramble for his signature.

Edited by rayk

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Brentford are very private in their dealings and very little gets leaked these days mainly due to the success of our recruitment.You can’t have it both ways  

Have loads of speculation in the media and diss it as bollox

Hear nothing and that means nothing is happening 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think we'll see some signings from the Bundesliga. If Rashica doesn't pan out it's gonna be some others. 

With Lange's background that seems likely. 

Just now, Brentfordnylons said:

Brentford are very private in their dealings and very little gets leaked these days mainly due to the success of our recruitment.You can’t have it both ways  

Have loads of speculation in the media and diss it as bollox

Hear nothing and that means nothing is happening 

I think villa are pretty similar with being quiet on signings until it’s pretty much done.

hopefully Toney signs for you and then we’ll see what the fall out is regarding Watkins and Benrahma. 

Yup. I wouldn't even surprised if the Rashica deal was his suggestion in the first place. 

No, we've been linked with him before. Jan if not last summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup. I wouldn't even surprised if the Rashica deal was his suggestion in the first place. 

We were linked with MR back in January I believe so unlikely a Lange suggestion (unless we tapped him up early when Suso flopped in the January transfer window?)

• Like 1