Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

This transfer window has been extremely **** depressing so far!

well, have we?, we haven't made any transfers?, not sure ee can call it a transfer wibdow yet??

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Isn't he the guy who didn't do well at Newcastle?

Yup, 5 years ago under Schteve McClaren. He was loaned out after half a season and has been great at Marseille since. Also got a WC gold medal with France in 2018 although he didn't play much.

Missed almost all of last season due to ankle surgery.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

I watched his goals this season and the thing that stuck out was the poor quality of them. The keeping was awful, loads of shots close to the keeper and poor defending. I would be surprised if he hit 12 in this league.

Yeah me too i thought the exact same when i seen his goals... 10-12 goal striker i reckon he is but life is full of surprises so we will wait and see. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup, 5 years ago under Schteve McClaren. He was loaned out after half a season and has been great at Marseille since. Also got a WC gold medal with France in 2018 although he didn't play much.

Missed almost all of last season due to ankle surgery.

Him and Cash or Guilbert overlapping on the right could be quite cheeky. Any idea what his defensive game is like? Puts the effort in tracking back?  

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Him and Cash or Guilbert overlapping on the right could be quite cheeky. Any idea what his defensive game is like? Puts the effort in tracking back?  

It's not his strong side tbh but he's not terrible at it. He's better with the ball than without it  I'd say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He's excellent nowadays for Marseille but I really don't see why he'd leave them for us. Fully settled there and the creative heartbeat of them. Also think he's a bit lightweight for English football from what I saw of him at Newcastle.

Same reason most footballers move. 

££££££££££££. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He's excellent nowadays for Marseille but I really don't see why he'd leave them for us. Fully settled there and the creative heartbeat of them. Also think he's a bit lightweight for English football from what I saw of him at Newcastle.

They are desperate for cash as their finances are tanked. But yeah I wouldn't leave Marseille for Birmingham if I was him and not a Villa fan.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

TBF, that’s probably a ‘fair’ price.

Maupay was £20m 12 months ago, and I’d have paid that for him.

Watkins is faster, taller, works his nuts off, covers two positions and scored more goals.

I’m happier paying £22m for Watkins than £40m plus on Edouard just to get a ‘marquee signing’.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Same reason most footballers move. 

££££££££££££. 

He'd be on a very decent wage there and gets in the French squad pretty much every time. Can't remember if Marseille made the champions league but think they'll make it this season. He tried England five years ago and it didn't go well at all so really can't say he'll be desperate to join a club that barely stayed up, would be different for him if Spurs or Chelsea came in.

Did watch the last part of Marseille game and their CB Caleta-Car really impressed me. Scored two goals and dominant in both boxes.  Only 23.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

They are desperate for cash as their finances are tanked. But yeah I wouldn't leave Marseille for Birmingham if I was him and not a Villa fan.

Marseille itself is a bit of a sh*t hole in comparison to a lot of French cities but yeah I’m sure he has a lovely life in Provence/Cote d’Azure.