Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry SGC but I'm gonna disagree with you here, he is utter trash now that his confidence has been smashed to pieces. He would cost too much and be on too high wages for his output...

I can see him going to Wet Spam on a massive contract if they sell Declan Rice and go on to have a mediocre career there.

• Like 2

I think we could use a GK, LB, RB, CB, DM, CM, LW, RW and CF.

We might get another year of back up out of Elmohamady, dependent on Heaton coming back we might get away without a keeper and if we go back to four at the back we could do without the centre back - so I'd say there are six priorities - I'd go looking for Gray from Leicester to fill the left wing role and help us keep Jack, and Benrahma down the right for starters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Eric Dier really isn't a bad player at all. Not as good as many made out he was going to be, but he is decent.

Issue being that even with him refusing to sign a new contract at Spurs he'd cost £40-£50m and want £120k/w

That is a lot of money for decent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Issue being that even with him refusing to sign a new contract at Spurs he'd cost £40-£50m and want £120k/w

That is a lot of money for decent.

The very idea of sums even a fraction of that being paid for Dier is enough to make me cry blood. He is **** shite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry SGC but I'm gonna disagree with you here, he is utter trash now that his confidence has been smashed to pieces. He would cost too much and be on too high wages for his output...

You think he’s trash? Why? He gets a lot of abuse from fans of all clubs but I think he’s quite good, maybe it’s just me

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we could use a GK, LB, RB, CB, DM, CM, LW, RW and CF.

We might get another year of back up out of Elmohamady, dependent on Heaton coming back we might get away without a keeper and if we go back to four at the back we could do without the centre back - so I'd say there are six priorities - I'd go looking for Gray from Leicester to fill the left wing role and help us keep Jack, and Benrahma down the right for starters.

Well it wouldn't feel right going through a window without it. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If we get Drinkwater fit and playing well, surely he would be better value.  Big 'if' but then Dier isn't nailed on to be a success if we signed him.

I'd go with neither. For lots of reasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Oh I don't expect us to sign 3-4 in the summer who'll get us pushing for top 4. Miles too early in the rebuilding phrase but I'd like to think we can lift the quality to push us into the top 10 at least. Also have to factor in Grealish will be considering offers so need to show him we mean business over next two years. Not sure more Hause and Jota type signings would convince him.

When we signed likes of Young and Downing we had guys like Mellberg, Laursen, Petrov and Carew in the squad so group of players that were regular internationals and had won stuff. We lack that in the current squad so would be good to sign a couple in the summer.

I understand what you mean when you say pushing for the top 4 is too early in our redevelopment. However if you’re aiming for a top 10 place you’re in a position that leaves you at least on the edge of, if not in a relegation battle. Arsenal, who are 10th, Burnley, Newcastle and Southampton are all on 31 points, whilst we are on 25. 

What I mean is, that you almost have to be aiming for top 4 to avoid being in a relegation scrap. That doesn’t mean we should be disappointed if we don’t achieve that, but if you want to reach the moon, you need to aim for the stars. 

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Yeah, I agree, there's no chance he'd stay. He's way too good for the Championship, and deserves to be playing for a Top 6 Prem team, but I don't think his suitors would let it get to the point where they cool their interest completely.

If our owners said "Look, £80m is the minimum we will take. Anything below this is outright rejected", then I think clubs would soon get bored of offering paltry sums just for us to reject it. It might mean that it would go right up until deadline day, but as long as our owners are willing to buy replacements before he's sold, then we should just be able to stand firm until the right money comes in.

If I was a Man Utd fan and saw my club offering £40m, then £45m, then £50m, only for Man City to swoop in with an £80m offer accepted, I'd be furious :D This is what those clubs need to be wary of. Grealish is a special talent, and isn't someone you can get on the cheap!

I doubt we'd get more than £50m for him if we go down. Clubs know we need to sell him for FFP reasons. Probably more like £35-£40m. 

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I doubt we'd get more than £50m for him if we go down. Clubs know we need to sell him for FFP reasons. Probably more like £35-£40m. 

In my opinion, there is no chance that we'll sell him for that cheap. Why would we sell him for that amount, knowing that the second that he arrives at his new club he would immediately become an £80m-£100m player?

I also don't think FFP will be a faintest worry for us. Chances are that Luiz, McGinn, Mings and Grealish would all leave if we went down, so I don't see why we would be bent over a barrel on the prices for any of them, when FFP won't even be in our thoughts.

Also, look at Fulham, they did a Fulham like us, spending £110m+ in the Prem, and all they've done when they got relegated was sold Sessegnon for £25m and spent (approx) £25m on a few new players.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Really?!

That buys you:

1 Alex Iwobi

almost 1 Joelinton

60% of a Cancelo

1 Bakayako (after 2 years of underperformance) 

Not quite 1 Lo Celso

Just over 1 Ryan Sessegnon

Just over 1 Kieran Trippier

1/2 a Harry Maguire

70% of an Aston Wan Bissaka

1 Seb Haller

I think you’re being incredibly conservative.

No chance it'll that low. I'd say minimum 50 plus a bunch of addons, and that's conservative. Spurs signed Moussa Sissoko for 30million 4 years ago before the market inflated massively. Grealish is younger, a far better player and English. Plus we don't have muppets running the show any more so doubt they'll allow themselves to be fleeced.

Edited by kieranavfc

4 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

No chance it'll that low. I'd say minimum 50 plus a bunch of addons. Spurs signed Moussa Sissoko for 30million 4 years ago before the market inflated massively. Grealish is younger, a far better player and English. Plus we don't have muppets running the show any more so doubt they'll allow themselves to be fleeced.

A 43% increase in price paid per incoming player in the PL excluding loans between now and then. Not exactly massive inflation but definitely significant.

Edited by Laughable Chimp