Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If we stay up ohare has no role here

Neither does RHM

Sarkic I don't mind selling as long as put a buy back in

Hourihane should be replaced, so should lansbury, Drinkwater loan will end, wingers need upgrading, and we need a back up RB and another striker

So that's a summer with around 6 players and probably pushing £100m and that's assuming we keep grealish 

I’d keep O’Hare, he still has the potential to step up and either become a Prem or Championship quality player. We need to learn to not let our assets leave too early. Should he get a loan to a Championship team and play well, we’d be talking about a player worth £5-15m, depending on how well he did.

RHM, on the other hand, has shown very little outside of the U23s, so I’d agree is probably worth letting go.

• Like 4

he's 22 in may, not starting every game in league 1 but doing ok 

he might make it the long hard way round to the PL but it wont be with us, there is a gulf in quality to where he is compared to where we are presumably aiming to be once he's completed another year out on loan

let him go and focus on the next one

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he's 22 in may, not starting every game in league 1 but doing ok 

he might make it the long hard way round to the PL but it wont be with us, there is a gulf in quality to where he is compared to where we are presumably aiming to be once he's completed another year out on loan

let him go and focus on the next one

The thing with O’Hare is that he’s a workhorse, and I often feel like those types of player can come in handy in any league. Obviously he’s not going to slot into a Premier League fixture for us, but I don’t think he’d disgrace himself in an early Villa cup tie.

Yes please from me!!

Linked with very promising Wigan Left Back Antonee Robinson

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10937044/chelsea-villa-newcastle-race-antonee-robinson/

CHELSEA have joined the race to land Wigan starlet Antonee Robinson after his dream move to AC Milan collapsed, according to reports.

The 22-year-old left-back was on the brink of securing a surprise £10million move to the San Siro on Deadline Day but the Italian giants ran out of time to complete the medical.

Robinson was reportedly left devastated with the news and hasn't featured for the Championship strugglers since.

But AC Milan's loss could be Chelsea's gain as the Mirror report how they are ready to invest in the United States star at the end of the season.

Boss Frank Lampard has prioritised signing a new left-back to replace Marcos Alonso and Emerson Palmieri.

That position has caused the boss an issue all season as he continues to alternate between the pair and veteran defender Cesar Azpilicueta.

With Wigan locked in a relegation battle, Robinson will leave the club this summer and it is reported that Chelsea aren't the only Premier League club ready to battle for his signature.

Aston Villa and Newcastle are also both interested following his impressive performances this season.

Robinson has started in 29 league matches following his permanent £1.98m switch from Everton in the summer.

News of a potential transfer tug-of-war for his signature will be music to the ears of Wigan boss Paul Cook who will be able to drive a hard bargain and sell to the highest bidder.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7990253/Chelsea-Aston-Villa-Newcastle-interested-Wigan-defender-Antonee-Robinson.html

Chelsea are reportedly one of three Premier League clubs chasing Wigan defender Antonee Robinson.

The 22-year-old was left distraught last month when his £10million deadline-day move to AC Milan collapsed due to time issues revolving around his medical. 

However, Robinson could be on for another big move in the summer, but this time to the Premier League.

The Mirror claim that Chelsea, Aston Villa and Newcastle are all in the market for a left-back and are considering a move for Robinson at the end of the season. 

He left Premier League side Everton last summer, having never played a top-flight match for them, signing for Wigan for just £1.98m after a successful loan spell.

Robinson, who has also spent time on loan at Bolton, is contracted with Wigan until 2022, but is understood to be keen for a move away with bigger clubs lurking.

Wigan are prepared to cash in on Robinson and have reportedly set their asking price already, believed to be in the region of Milan's £10m January offer - though their selling position would be compromised if they are relegated from the Championship.

Robinson has been a stalwart in Wigan's side this season and has made 30 appearances in all competitions, registering one assist.

Edited by Villan4Life

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-rumours-carabao-17725451

Aston Villa are willing to part with up to £15m to land striker Alexander Sorloth from Crystal Palace, according to reports.

Sorloth is currently on loan at Trabzonspor and has been  linked with a move to Villa in the Turkish press in recent days.

It was claimed  Villa sent scouts to watch Sorloth in action against Fenerbahce last weekend as they begin to formulate a plan for the summer transfer window.

He was on the scoresheet in a 2-1 win, bagging his 21st goal of a superb season for the Super Lig title contenders.

According to  Aksam in Turkey (via Sport Witness), Villa could offer up to £15m for Sorloth and plan to open talks over a potential transfer when the season comes to an end.

Villa spent £8.5m on Mbwana Samatta from Belgian champions Genk in January and snapped up Borja Baston on a free transfer from Swansea City.

Sorloth joined Trabzonspor on a two-year loan in August last year and there is thought to be a buyout clause of just 6m euros (£5m) to make his stay permanent at the end of the 2020-21 campaign.

Palace - who signed Sorloth for £9m from FC Midtjylland in January 2018 - reportedly do not have a recall option in place for the 24-year-old.

That means the Denmark international would likely have to formally request a move elsewhere in the summer.

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Henri Lansbury
Neil Taylor
Jota
Lovre Kalinic
James Chester (contract expires in the summer)
James Bree
Scott Hogan
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (contract expires in the summer)
Ahmed Elmohamady
Conor Hourihane (new deal this season)
Matija Sarkic (contract expires in the summer)
Keinan Davis (contract expires in the summer)
Andre Green (contract expires in the summer)
Callum O’Hare (contract expires in the summer)

That is the list that's floating around of potential exists it seems and I'd say that all of them could massively be improved on because of one reason or another.

The only one id keep around would be Hourihane because if his set pieces, hes aided us on many times and im gutted for the bloke that hes not getting minutes. I wouldn't put it past him being the one that did fetch some coin if he was to be sold, his free kicks are gold and to a team in the championship he could be massive and I'd bet most would come calling for his signature. 

Sarkic, Davis, Green and O'Hare should all get at least extended contracts, to invest for future sales or to see how they develop.

I agree on the rest.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

I see you read the 2 opening posts in this thread :D 

What type pf player is Antonee Robinson would you say?

Strengths, weaknesses, readiness for PL football...?

He's an Attacking Left back likes to dribble and cross and has good dribbling skills and a decent delivery.
Good at tackling and bombing forward. Plays a lot of long balls from back.

Weaknesses but can improve: accurate passing and holding onto the ball and knowing when to release it. Decision making within time will improve.

He has big potential and would be a work in progress. Dean, John and coaching team will improve him ten fold if any truth in rumours.

He is a very similar left back to Rico Henry at Brentford. Similar potential in my view.

he would be great competition for Matt Targett at left back

Also see analytics side of things:-

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/using-data-identify-new-left-back-liverpool

Antonee Robinson

Using data to identify a new left-back for Liverpool

The Wigan Athletic youngster has recently been linked to a move to Milan which suggests that the Italian giants are getting more comfortable with the use of data in their recruitment. 9.61 progressive passes per 90 minutes and 3.52 progressive runs are standout numbers in a side that is facing relegation in the Championship. As with some of the others, however, his creativity is less with 3.42 passes to the penalty area per 90 and an xA of 0.04 per 90. Defensively Robinson manages 8.14 defensive duels per 90 with a success rate of 64.61%

Liverpool-LB-xA.jpg

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Of that list, I'd keep Elmo, Conor, Sarkic and Davis to be honest...

Elmo is still useful as a right back and knows how to ping a ball into the box, Conor can still play and is a nifty option and Sarkic and Davis can still develop with us or be sent out on loan...

The rest are pretty much deadweight

I'm not sure Davis can curb his injurys, is it really worth having a player in the registered 25 if as soon as he comes back can't get game time because he get injured. The best thing for Davis now I  believe would be to get healed right, which means taking him out of the registered 25 for a while. It will take some time and patience, the speedy recovery approach isn't working for the lad like it does other players. He's a good player overall as well but at prem level I can't see him becoming any better, I think his level is championship and while is general play is often good as a striker he needs to be scoring some here and there.

Sarkic is a good keeper but that 16 year old keeper may soon be fighting Sarkic for his spot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He's an Attacking Left back likes to dribble and cross and has good dribbling skills and a decent delivery.
Good at tackling and bombing forward. Plays a lot of long balls from back.

Weaknesses but can improve: accurate passing and holding onto the ball and knowing when to release it. Decision making within time will improve.

He has big potential and would be a work in progress. Dean, John and coaching team will improve him ten fold if any truth in rumours.

He is a very similar left back to Rico Henry at Brentford. Similar potential in my view

Nice, would be he a better punt than Max Clark?

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Nice, would be he a better punt than Max Clark?

i'd prefer Max Clark personally (1st choice) Also Ryan Manning at QPR (Second Choice)

3rd choice for me (Robinson. Just my opinion of course. :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Haha just like the mid season winter break. With no football we are just debating negative things from Grealish "definitely" leaving apparently, we should have a better manager apparently.....even I've got into the Davis debate a little too hard.  Without football, it lets the demons into our brains to eat at each other.....roll on the weekend!

Idle hands do the Devil's work. 

49 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If we stay up it's going to be another overhaul.

If we go down it's a salvage operation with Grealish gone.

It's not gonna be easy either way.

It won’t be easy, but I think either way it’ll be great fun. :lol:

Either we stay up and get excited over another summer of investment (with potentially an extra £70-80m if Grealish (unfortunately) goes), or we go down, lose Grealish/Mings/McGinn and experience (hopefully) a much more stable version of our 2016 rebuild, keeping most of our players, bringing in some replacements and then keeping the rest of the Grealish/Mings/McGinn money for if/when we get promoted and can rebuild again!

• Like 1

Some players I'd like us to monitor if we stay up, plenty of these will be on the move in the summer.

Anthony Caci, 22 (Strasbourg) - If he can stay fit he'd be really useful as he plays both wingback roles and sometimes midfield as well

Teun Koopmeiners, 21(AZ) - Holding midfielder who took the captain's armband from Ron Vlaar this season. Composed player with a wand of a left foot

Angelo Fulgini, 23 (Angers) - Energetic midfielder who defends and attacks with McGinn-like enthusiasm. Usually plays just in front of previously-linked Baptise Santamaria who I think is a good player but a bit lightweight, he'd need some heavy duty back-up...

Ibrahim Sangare, 23 (Toulouse) - 6' 3" centre mid can break up play and use the ball very well

Mounir Chouiar, 21 (Dijon) - Left winger/no 10 who can take a good set piece

Calvin Stengs, 21 (AZ) - Right winger/no 10 with loads of trickery and technical ability

Odsonne Edouard, 22 (Celtic) - Striker who brings runners around him into play and can finish well himself

Ivan Toney, 23 (Peterborough) - Hard working striker who will lead the line and be a huge threat from crosses

Edited by Tomaszk

8 hours ago, Rob182 said:

The thing with O’Hare is that he’s a workhorse, and I often feel like those types of player can come in handy in any league. Obviously he’s not going to slot into a Premier League fixture for us, but I don’t think he’d disgrace himself in an early Villa cup tie.

Neither do I, but we can't keep a player just so they can play one or two lots of 90 minutes in the early rounds of the League Cup.

Would be happy with Clyne from Liverpool. Experienced and a decent player, lots of injuries though in last two years. Not sure if he's been injured this season. Still only 28.

I'm always surprised we don't look at the Bundesliga more. I'd be looking at Kevin Volland and Leon Bailey from Leverkusen. Volland has nearly 1 in 2 scoring record in Bundesliga and Bailey is quick player for the front 3 which we need.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would be happy with Clyne from Liverpool. Experienced and a decent player, lots of injuries though in last two years. Not sure if he's been injured this season. Still only 28.

I'm always surprised we don't look at the Bundesliga more. I'd be looking at Kevin Volland and Leon Bailey from Leverkusen. Volland has nearly 1 in 2 scoring record in Bundesliga and Bailey is quick player for the front 3 which we need.

Bailey was rated at £60-80m a year or two ago so might be a bit difficult. Not had the development they hoped for so price may have dropped now with new talents being touted as the next big thing.