Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I'd take a punt on Santi Carzola on a free for a year next year, although 35 he can surely be a decent replacement for Grealish or McGinn when they need resting or injured.  We lack a quality play maker without those two.  I think we need a veteran in the team who won't mind being on the bench.

Wish list would be

Reina GK

Dumfries RB

Clark LB

Phillips (DM)

Benrahma LW

Snodgrass RW

Carzola AM

Edited by supermon
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sne said:

Bailey was rated at £60-80m a year or two ago so might be a bit difficult. Not had the development they hoped for so price may have dropped now with new talents being touted as the next big thing.

Leon Bailey hasn't really kicked on in last 12 months. Was only a sub at weekend so think Leverkusen might cash in like Lazio did with Felipe Anderson when his stock slipped a bit.

Kai Havertez is the new wonder kid at Leverkusen so haven't actually seen Bailey linked to anyone serious for a while.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Leon Bailey hasn't really kicked on in last 12 months. Was only a sub at weekend so think Leverkusen might cash in like Lazio did with Felipe Anderson when his stock slipped a bit.

Kai Havertez is the new wonder kid at Leverkusen so haven't actually seen Bailey linked to anyone serious for a while.

There were vague links to Chelsea (and obviously Manure as they were linked with every player) in January.

He'd be a definite upgrade on what we have but I think he'd be too pricey.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

There were vague links to Chelsea (and obviously Manure as they were linked with every player) in January.

He'd be a definite upgrade on what we have but I think he'd be too pricey.

Chelsea and Man. United will both be after Sancho unless Man. City have a buy back on him. Whoever dosen't get him will probably go for Zaha as fall back option so don't see Bailey ending up at those clubs. Spurs and Liverpool obviously well stocked in wide areas.

18 hours ago, Chindie said:

If we stay up it's going to be another overhaul.

If we go down it's a salvage operation with Grealish gone.

It's not gonna be easy either way.

I’m not sure we need an overhaul. We did some hard yards last summer to bolster numbers and clear out our ageing squad. I think we just need to add some quality in key positions, using what we have as backup/rotation.

Same if we go down really, but from a less prestigious list of targets.

I think if we go down, we’ll be well placed to dominate the Champ. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would be happy with Clyne from Liverpool. Experienced and a decent player, lots of injuries though in last two years. Not sure if he's been injured this season. Still only 28.

I'm always surprised we don't look at the Bundesliga more. I'd be looking at Kevin Volland and Leon Bailey from Leverkusen. Volland has nearly 1 in 2 scoring record in Bundesliga and Bailey is quick player for the front 3 which we need.

If we're going shopping for wingers in Germany I'd rather have Rashica than Bailey. 

• Like 1

IF we stay up, I think the likelihood is we'd move on players not really good enough if we want to improve next season like Jota, Lansbury, Hause, Taylor, Elmo, Steer. Players out on loan will probably be moved on. Reina will probably be signed up permanently, Drinkwater probably won't. Then we need to sign players in the following positions: RB, LB, CB, DM, RW, ST. 

I'd like us to continue signing young players but would like to see a few higher profile youngsters coming in who are ready-made for the Premier League and could reach the top. Our scouts will no doubt continue looking in Belgium (which has some great talent) but France, the Netherlands and Germany should be looked at too. Some players we could go for who are all under 25:

CB - Tuanzebe (Man U), 22; Vanheusden (Standard Liege), 20;  White (Brighton), 22

RB - Atal (Nice), 23

LB - Sarr (Nice), 21 - also plays CB very well in a 3

DM - Phillips (Leeds), 24;  Samassekou (Hoffenheim), 24

RW - Benrahma (Brentford), 24; Brekalo (Wolfsburg), 21; Skov (Hoffenheim), 23

ST - Osimhen (Lille), 21; Waldschmidt (Freiburg), 23

There will also be players at the clubs who go down I'd like us to sign. Norwich have Buendia, Pukki and Cantwell; Wet Spam have Anderson, Rice, Fornals and Diop; Watford have Sarr, Deulofeu, Doucoure and Pereyra; Bournemouth Ake, Wilson, King, Lerma and Fraser; Brighton have Dunk, Ryan, Trossard, Propper, Mooy and Maupay. There'll be a lot of decent players to snap up from relegated teams this year if we manage to stay up. 

If we go down, we just need to get huge fees for the players who will leave us. That means minimum £60m for JG (£80-90m if he gets into the Euros and has a good tournament); £50m for McGinn and £40m for Mings. At least that gives us some money to rebuild to get us back up. 

9 hours ago, supermon said:

I'd take a punt on Santi Carzola on a free for a year next year, although 35 he can surely be a decent replacement for Grealish or McGinn when they need resting or injured.  We lack a quality play maker without those two.  I think we need a veteran in the team who won't mind being on the bench.

Wish list would be

Reina GK

Dumfries RB

Clark LB

Phillips (DM)

Benrahma LW

Snodgrass RW

Carzola AM

Dont get the clamour for snoddy. Live him but not what we need now

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm always surprised we don't look at the Bundesliga more. I'd be looking at Kevin Volland and Leon Bailey from Leverkusen. Volland has nearly 1 in 2 scoring record in Bundesliga and Bailey is quick player for the front 3 which we need.

Apparently Hitz is the only German international we’ve had (who got caps at us)

Edited by mikeyp102

11 hours ago, supermon said:

I'd take a punt on Santi Carzola on a free for a year next year, although 35 he can surely be a decent replacement

129 appearances in 6 seasons at Arsenal. I can't remember the last time I wanted him in Fantasy he was injured so much. Worse idea than getting Pires

9 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

IF we stay up, I think the likelihood is we'd move on players not really good enough if we want to improve next season like Jota, Lansbury, Hause, Taylor, Elmo, Steer. Players out on loan will probably be moved on. Reina will probably be signed up permanently, Drinkwater probably won't. Then we need to sign players in the following positions: RB, LB, CB, DM, RW, ST. 

I'd like us to continue signing young players but would like to see a few higher profile youngsters coming in who are ready-made for the Premier League and could reach the top. Our scouts will no doubt continue looking in Belgium (which has some great talent) but France, the Netherlands and Germany should be looked at too. Some players we could go for who are all under 25:

CB - Tuanzebe (Man U), 22; Vanheusden (Standard Liege), 20;  White (Brighton), 22

RB - Atal (Nice), 23

LB - Sarr (Nice), 21 - also plays CB very well in a 3

DM - Phillips (Leeds), 24;  Samassekou (Hoffenheim), 24

RW - Benrahma (Brentford), 24; Brekalo (Wolfsburg), 21; Skov (Hoffenheim), 23

ST - Osimhen (Lille), 21; Waldschmidt (Freiburg), 23

There will also be players at the clubs who go down I'd like us to sign. Norwich have Buendia, Pukki and Cantwell; Wet Spam have Anderson, Rice, Fornals and Diop; Watford have Sarr, Deulofeu, Doucoure and Pereyra; Bournemouth Ake, Wilson, King, Lerma and Fraser; Brighton have Dunk, Ryan, Trossard, Propper, Mooy and Maupay. There'll be a lot of decent players to snap up from relegated teams this year if we manage to stay up. 

If we go down, we just need to get huge fees for the players who will leave us. That means minimum £60m for JG (£80-90m if he gets into the Euros and has a good tournament); £50m for McGinn and £40m for Mings. At least that gives us some money to rebuild to get us back up. 

Out of your list to go down is love Pukki and Maupay, yum yum time that is.

West hams Haller and Anderson.

I'd like Billing from Bournmouth, having Mings Twin is a must, plus he's a very good player.

Brighton Deffo Dunk and Mooy who makes things happen, he's ace, I have already mentioned Maupay, that we should grab with out a doubt, his attitude against us while wild shown without a doubt that's what we need, as its what were missing is that explosive player.

Agreed if those teams get relegated then we should be ready to snap them up because another Prem club will and alot of those players can cause havoc to opposition.

Edited by Dave-R

7 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Should we stay up and once Norwich go down we should go in for Ben Godfrey & Buendia.

I think we’d have a lot of competition for them from other clubs, same goes for Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

On 12/02/2020 at 14:32, VillaChris said:

Chelsea and Man. United will both be after Sancho unless Man. City have a buy back on him. Whoever dosen't get him will probably go for Zaha as fall back option so don't see Bailey ending up at those clubs. Spurs and Liverpool obviously well stocked in wide areas.

Imagine your team missing out on Sancho and going for Zaha instead 😐

I'd be disappointed if WE signed Zaha tbf. 

• Confused 1