Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why would you be disappointed if we signed Zaha? I’d be over the moon

He's the most overrated player going IMO, especially for the prices mooted. El Ghazi has more goals and assists in fewer games this season. 

28 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's the most overrated player going IMO, especially for the prices mooted. El Ghazi has more goals and assists in fewer games this season. 

It doesn't really matter lads, we won't be signing him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Of course not, no. For me, that's a good thing though. 

Yes, good player but he is the big fish in a small pond at Palace.  He couldn't cut it at United albeit when he was younger.  Zaha will get his move in the summer but to a club that are a few places higher than us in the league table.

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well we paid a reported £9m for El Ghazi and Zaha is constantly being linked with big clubs for ridiculous fees of about £60m

Yeah exactly, Zaha is terrible value for money for whoever ends up buying him.

I think Zaha is one of those players who is perceived to be better than he is. His actual output isn't that impressive but watching him burn players is exciting so it's gives a skewed view of him in my opinion.

I don't think the point is if he's better than El Ghazi - he is and he isn't, depending on your criteria. The point is, is he worth the ridiculous sums that would be talked about to get him? Like £50-75m? No, absolutely not.
He's bordering on show pony to me. Exciting in flashes, petulant, and his numbers are not great. Not the player we need at all.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I think Zaha is one of those players who is perceived to be better than he is. His actual output isn't that impressive but watching him burn players is exciting so it's gives a skewed view of him in my opinion.

I don't think the point is if he's better than El Ghazi - he is and he isn't, depending on your criteria. The point is, is he worth the ridiculous sums that would be talked about to get him? Like £50-75m? No, absolutely not.
He's bordering on show pony to me. Exciting in flashes, petulant, and his numbers are not great. Not the player we need at all.

Yeah Zaha is absolutely a better player than El Ghazi, no doubt about it. But he's not THAT good.

For the money and salary he'd cost there are countless of players who are better and way, way cheaper.

Proven PL-quality sure that's something. But Chelsea for example got Ziyech for £33-37m and he'll probably be on half the salary Zaha will demand. And he's a far superior player IMO

• Like 2

Yeah, just took a look at Zaha's page on understat and attacking wise, he's been very much underpeforming this season in pretty much all aspects there. In fact, it says El Ghazi is superior to hm in every aspect aside from xGBuildup90. Of course, this doesn't tell the whole picture but still.

https://understat.com/player/522

Whoscored gives the edge to Zaha however with an average rating of 7.07 compared to El Ghazi's 6.72.

Smarterscout says El Ghazi has superior attacking output than Zaha(although the comparison is not direct since Zaha primarily plays on the left wing and El Ghazi on the right). However. Zaha is much better at contributing to the defensive side of the game.

Edit: Also, I find this funny, they also have El Ghazi's defending quality on the RW at 0. On a rating scale 0-100. El Ghazi is at 0.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

I like El Ghazi a lot, I think he's a bit underated, but he's not as good as Zaha, and I wouldn't read too much into their goals and assists for the most part in the championship Hourihane and Adomah had more goals and assists than Grealish doesn't make them better players though, or even mean they're contributing more to the team. If you were to put Zaha in our team he'd have more goals and assists than El Ghazi has now for the simple fact that we're a better attacking team, and by the same token if you put El Ghazi in the Palace side he wouldn't be having the same influence on them as Zaha has.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zab6359 said:

We would but have try for top players inorder to compete.

I wouldn't class them as "top" players tbh.

Top player to me is someone like Joao Moutinho. Won major trophies, played over 100 times for Portugal and many years in CL. Player you sign who can help improve your level in the 11.

Norwich ones are more potential. For example I like Buendia and he'd give us more than Jota has as a Grealish alternative but doubt he's going to fire us into the top half.

We've done plenty of buying from relegation clubs in last 20 years. Signed good and bad but none have pushed us into the top 4 or won us a trophy. I'd like us to start buying some capable of that, starting this summer.

• Like 2