Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

22 hours ago, sne said:

The fine people at the Daily Mail are claiming we are going to sign Eric Dier in the summer...

These days Nakamba is a better player. Not that Dier was ever that great when he was healthy 

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

Jack has stats better this season than some of the best players in the world—and he's doing it in the Prem at a struggling team. I think you're being negative for no reason.

No, not being negative, just giving my opinion. Hopefully we don't have to find out if I'm right or not.

Assuming we stay up, I'd like to see:

Axel Tuanzebe 

Kalvin Philips

Said Benrahma

Antonee Robinson (Assuming Milans interest was based on the timing of what was available and that they don't come back in for him)

Will Hughes

Pepe Reina (Depending on Heaton fitness)

Out: Lansbury, Elmo OR Taylor, Drinkwater, Green (who I think goes on to be a success, like Robinson), Steer (for his career)

That's probably £100m. Hope we wouldn’t need to sell Jack to spend that, but who knows.

Edited by HalfTimePost

All this season has proved is once again you turn your noses up at signing experienced proven players at the top level and you get these results and likely relegation now.

I keep mentioning him but there's no way we'd have conceded as many goals if we had signed Cahill and paired him with Mings.

An experienced head in midfield to replace the leadership of Jedinak/Whelan over last few seasons was also needed and no Drinkwater was never going to be that solution given he's hardly played since May 2017.

Whatever division we're in we need to go back to basics and sign proven players in key positions rather than gambling all the time.

Sick to the stomach we've pretty much made the same mistakes as summer 2015.

• Like 1

Picture this:

We win on Sunday then get relegated, bringing UEFA cup football to the Championship. If we do okay, that'll be an additional eight games of cup football, maybe more if we do well - plus another eight league games.

The EFL hates us, we legged it into the Premier League rather than face the FFP music in the Championship and they'll be waiting to punish us with a points deduction and a beady eye on our spending.

Now, in order to compete over what could be a sixty five game season, we'd need to increase our squad size by about another half a dozen first team players - whilst spending next to nothing - and we'd need to replace a number that will be out of contract or retiring. I reckon we'd need to sell Grealish, Mings, McGinn and others just to have enough money to buy the twelve to fourteen bargain championship players we'd need for a squad - it'd be carnage - carnage that might take years to recover from.

If we're going down, we can't win on Sunday - we can't afford to.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Picture this:

We win on Sunday then get relegated, bringing UEFA cup football to the Championship. If we do okay, that'll be an additional eight games of cup football, maybe more if we do well - plus another eight league games.

The EFL hates us, we legged it into the Premier League rather than face the FFP music in the Championship and they'll be waiting to punish us with a points deduction and a beady eye on our spending.

Now, in order to compete over what could be a sixty five game season, we'd need to increase our squad size by about another half a dozen first team players - whilst spending next to nothing - and we'd need to replace a number that will be out of contract or retiring. I reckon we'd need to sell Grealish, Mings, McGinn and others just to have enough money to buy the twelve to fourteen bargain championship players we'd need for a squad - it'd be carnage - carnage that might take years to recover from.

If we're going down, we can't win on Sunday - we can't afford to.

SHA had those issues in 2011. Think they played close to 70 games that season. Still comfortably finished in play offs after a slow start (would probably have made top 2 if they weren't in europa).

From memory they loaned in half a team and also got some freebies in.

Purslow will just have to change his opinion on the dreaded loan market. I assume this season hasn't quite panned out the way he thought it was so when that happens you rethink strategies on the transfer market.

We should have targeted better championship players rather than the players we have plucked from obscure foreign leagues . Whoever pushed the likes of Douglas , Nakamba , Tres as premier league players , or even championship players are shit at what they do and should not be given another chance . Don't think any of them would sell  for more than £2m ( wages would be an issue ) and thats a terrific loss on the money paid. 

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

We should have targeted better championship players rather than the players we have plucked from obscure foreign leagues . Whoever pushed the likes of Douglas , Nakamba , Tres as premier league players , or even championship players are shit at what they do and should not be given another chance . Don't think any of them would sell  for more than £2m ( wages would be an issue ) and thats a terrific loss on the money paid. 

We sold Westwood for about 6m and that was three years ago.

We can see Luiz for what we paid for him quite comfortably.

Westwood was a better player for us in the Premier league than Luiz has been. Luiz is more skillful and has the potential to go further in the game, but as it stands Westwood is a much more consistent steady performer, the £6m that Burnley paid for him turned out to be a real bargain for them.

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

I’m sorry but even in my angry/disappointed state tonight I don’t quite agree with you.  Luiz looked a class player before coming to us and only because he couldn’t get in the world class man city squad did we get him.  I thought that was a gem signing....he looked like me playing today how bad he was...what has changed I don’t know and many many fans were delighted we signed him.

Being devils advocate, Hause and Konsa have looked like donkeys re championship players so your argument re targeting better championship players doesn’t hold.

I just don’t know what’s going on.  I expected a fight to stay up but our players didn’t fight at all today.  We were convincingly beat today by an average team and 2-0 really flattered us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m sorry but even in my angry/disappointed state tonight I don’t quite agree with you.  Luiz looked a class player before coming to us and only because he couldn’t get in the world class man city squad did we get him.  I thought that was a gem signing....he looked like me playing today how bad he was...what has changed I don’t know and many many fans were delighted we signed him.

Being devils advocate, Hause and Konsa have looked like donkeys re championship players so your argument re targeting better championship players doesn’t hold.

I just don’t know what’s going on.  I expected a fight to stay up but our players didn’t fight at all today.  We were convincingly beat today by an average team and 2-0 really flattered us.

I'm angry and it is reactionary , but for all his clever little turns and shooting ability his general football brain is poor, very poor. 

He played in Spain and no Spanish team came in for him, i wonder why?

It maybe because hes playing in a defensive midfield role with Nakamba, who's equally as poor in the football brain department. But as a midfielder he offers to little for me. Doesn't win his personal battles , hes hopeless in the air , hasn't got the pace to track players and gives countless cheap free kicks away.