Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Well 80 is more than they will cost. Rashcia is 20m euros so 18m. Edouard 30m, Benrahma 25, so that makes 73m.

Don't want Benrahma, he plays left we need a right winger. So swap Benrahma for Buendia and we have our new front line.

On other matters Targett can be let go but it has to be for around 25m. However I'd prefer we kept him. We need 2 quality left backs so no point in selling our best left back.

You’re in lala land with those fees, you’re a bit short of the real fees.

Swift is one of the best players in the championship, I've no idea why he's seemingly available for £6m but as it stands he'd be a first choice in our midfield alongside McGinn and Luiz. I get the feeling that some are judging him on the rumoured transfer fee, because there hasn't been the same amount of opposition to signing the likes of Watkins, Henry, Benrahama, or Eze, I bet if Swift was a Brentford player and they were asking for £20m or whatever, there'd be people saying to hurry up and get it done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Swift is one of the best players in the championship, I've no idea why he's seemingly available for £6m but as it stands he'd be a first choice in our midfield alongside McGinn and Luiz. I get the feeling that some are judging him on the rumoured transfer fee, because there hasn't been the same amount of opposition to signing the likes of Watkins, Henry, Benrahama, or Eze, I bet if Swift was a Brentford player and they were asking for £20m or whatever, there'd be people saying to hurry up and get it done.

Well tbf, most of us, me included, haven't seen him play so we have to go with the information we have. If he's at Brentford and performing well, it's usually a safe bet that he's a decent player, because we know how they play etc. With Reading, I haven't a bloody clue. 

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What Sunday Mirror article? That's not a quote from anything other than my head. 

I said that because you added everything up to £100million. I've seen this number a few times, but it just came from the Sunday Mirror. Maybe you weren't doing that, but then why did you decide we had that much to spend?

27 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'd love to be proven wrong and we bring in 2 or 3 players of Tammy's ilk, but I suspect we will end up with the lesser names we have been linked to. 

I don't want to be right and hope I'm not.

You might be right. I don't know. It's all yet to happen really. However I think if we miss out on the talent that is priority, worst case scenario is we make Drinkwater type deals. Which may not fill you with hope or enthusiasm, but so long as we don't select poorly, like we did with Drinkwater, then that kind of deal could be adequate to fulfill the plans and tactics Smith has in mind. We were linked with both N'Zonzi and Gaitan last January, and both I think would've made our team better than what we ended up with. Instead we got Drinkwater for CM and missed out entirely on a wide forward to strengthen. That was in a January window, where we know deals can be harder to come by, and after we'd spent well over 100million on the squad already the previous window and so were very limited in who we could acquire. 

We will recruit this window. And we're in a better position to do so than we were this time last year.

Edited by A'Villan

21 minutes ago, useless said:

Swift does look a player to be fair.

If we can spare it, i would stump 8m or so on him as a squad player to challenge for a spot.

He's pretty skillful, would be interesting to see how he adapts to the prem.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too disappointed to discover we don't sign Benrahma, Watkins & Exe.

As promising as they are, we need to be building for trying to reach European places to some extent, not building a squad that would look brilliant if we went back doen to the championship.

The club needs to start getting the ball rolling soon and get some activity going.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't be too disappointed to discover we don't sign Benrahma, Watkins & Exe.

As promising as they are, we need to be building for trying to reach European places to some extent, not building a squad that would look brilliant if we went back doen to the championship.

The club needs to start getting the ball rolling soon and get some activity going.

The problem is this players are probably not interested in moving to use at the moment. You do also have to wonder what our wage structure is like, maybe we can't/don't want to offer insane wages either.

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

You might be right. I don't know. It's all yet to happen really. However I think if we miss out on the talent that is priority, worst case scenario is we make Drinkwater type deals. Which may not fill you with hope or enthusiasm, but so long as we don't select poorly, like we did with Drinkwater, then that kind of deal could be adequate to fulfill the plans and tactics Smith has in mind. We were linked with both N'Zonzi and Gaitan last January, and both I think would've made our team better than what we ended up with. Instead we got Drinkwater for CM and missed out entirely on a wide forward to strengthen. That was in a January window, where we know deals can be harder to come by, and after we'd spent well over 100million on the squad already the previous window and so were very limited in who we could acquire. 

We will recruit this window. And we're in a better position to do so than we were this time last year.

I dunno, I just feel we're far too accepting of what happens despite the fact we're supposed to be a club on the up. So many are really excited because we're being linked with Championship players, but we were signing better than those players under Steve Bruce (albeit mainly on loan) when we were a Championship side ourselves 2 years ago! Surely in 2 years of progressing we should be able to attract the bigger name targets we're now looking at, or at least 1 or 2 of them.

I just don't want lies, Smith has said we absolutely won't be in a relegation battle next season, well I'm sorry we will be if our current progress in the market continues. And as you say, we seem to really struggle to attract our first choice targets and sell the owners' project, so we're left with our second or even third choice targets who seem to be just average or poor in some instances. 

• Like 2