Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Watkins to be announced today by several ITK sources, allegedly.

Its come from  Reddit via Twitter.

More grist to the mill. As like you I have window malaise so now believe nothing I read anymore.

Egf2O-EUYAIMoxL.jpeg

In the Shirt, on the Pitch!

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think the pandemic is being used more as an excuse. Other sides are making signings to be fair, or are close to signing players. We don't look close to signing anyone and the bookies odds of us being near favourites to go down reflect that. Looking at it now it looks like it's going to be another rough season which is starting to bore me with this club tbh. We can't even tie up a deal for Watkins FFS, a Championship player, though that may be a good thing as it's pretty clear we need better to be midtable next season. 

We've changed the backroom staff around, good, we've brought in some young academy talent, good. But this won't polish some of the turds we have on the pitch in our first team. We needed to entice players like McKennie and Rashica to us by offering them a decent pay packet and proving we have ambitions to be a European chasing side, they clearly didn't buy into it. It's not like we're looking to sign superstars here either, they're decent players who play in the Bundesliga who will make us better, nothing more nothing less. Our wages are one of the lowest in the Prem but to become more competitive we have to start paying the wages that midtable clubs do to attract better players, it's as simple as that. 

Ultimately I'm bored of the transfer merry go round, nothing seems to be happening and I think I'm just going to ignore the constant bile that's spewed by the press while we continue to not sign anyone. 

I get that you are impatient, but this is all conjecture, and we have no idea who we may have been interested in or been anywhere close to signing them.

Let's not castigate the club when we don't know at this stage what moves they have made in the transfer market.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I think teams are holding out for top dollar because of uncertainty with other revenue streams. Their players are really the only assets that haven’t gone down in value. And teams have seen massive inflation in fees over the last three years (Webster from Bristol, Watkins, Benrahma). Teams are artificially inflating the market because of uncertainty elsewhere. And perhaps the lack of liquidity in some clubs has forced them into refusing deals that are structured with lots of add ins in favour of more up front? Then they don’t want to let go of players before they get someone in as a replacement in case lockdown measures are reintroduced.

I think you may well be right. I think we had all anticipated clubs would want to cash in their assets quickly to stay safely afloat, but it now seems they are holding out for top dollar and that what had been expected to be a buyer's market, may not become one for a couple of weeks.  

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Better be a triple signing of Bale, Luka Jovic and Edouard to keep VillafaninLondon happy. :D 

You've let the cat out of the bag now!! How did you know about Bale? It was supposed to be a secret!!

• Like 1

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

You've let the cat out of the bag now!! How did you know about Bale? It was supposed to be a secret!!

Sorry, my mothers' cousins' brothers' mates' binman saw him getting on a flight to Birmingham Alabama

• Haha 1