Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't be too disappointed to discover we don't sign Benrahma, Watkins & Exe.

As promising as they are, we need to be building for trying to reach European places to some extent, not building a squad that would look brilliant if we went back doen to the championship.

The club needs to start getting the ball rolling soon and get some activity going.

Completely agree.

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Nah, that's just Chelsea mate, they had a year off so they are just pissing money up the wall at the moment.

it's not really p*ssing money up the wall though, I'd love it if we could bring in the likes of Werner, Ziyech and Chilwell for those fees. They will almost certainly make them stronger next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

As promising as they are, we need to be building for trying to reach European places to some extent, not building a squad that would look brilliant if we went back doen to the championship.

The club needs to start getting the ball rolling soon and get some activity going.

I don’t think those type of players are interested. It’s just a feeling but it’s not ludicrous to suggest seeing as we *just* survived..

Celtic will not have the same bargain position now that they are out of the CL and no doubt Odsonne will put more pressure on the club to get his move away from there.

They might have been hoping for £40m (that's pre Covid-19 money) but unless there is a bidding war I think half that + add-ons and or players is more likely.

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

it's not really p*ssing money up the wall though, I'd love it if we could bring in the likes of Werner, Ziyech and Chilwell for those fees. They will almost certainly make them stronger next season.

By pissing the money up the wall its not to say that those players arn't world class, but they are fortunate to be in a position where they just pay the asking fee without haggling at all. Hence why their deals have been done faster than literally the entirety of the rest of the league. 

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’d imagine the wages they offer also has something do with it

Them being able to offer CL football while us only being able to offer chocolate digestives might be part of it.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Celtic will not have the same bargain position now that they are out of the CL and no doubt Odsonne will put more pressure on the club to get his move away from there.

They might have been hoping for £40m (that's pre Covid-19 money) but unless there is a bidding war I think half that + add-ons and or players is more likely.

If Celtic insisted it was '£40m' then I'd sooner we knock on Chelsea's door and take Tammy for the same fee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If Celtic insisted it was '£40m' then I'd sooner we knock on Chelsea's door and take Tammy for the same fee.

Sure, but I imagine Tammy would be more like £60m and also not for sale anyway.

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yes really, Eduoard - our bid is 30m but Celtics fee is 40m for starters

That's speculation not fact. Also Celtics bargaining position has been weakened by their champs league knockout. Also about 25% of the fee will be in performance and sell on clauses.  

In Rashica's case the info about 20m euros has probably been leak by either his agent or Bremen.

In Watkins case 25m is what Brentford appear to want. 18m is our position. Generally teams meet somewhere in the middle. 

Benrahma 25m is also what Brentfords position is.

Also as has been accepted its a buyers market.

Edited by Philosopher