Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Yours is also speculation not fact.  

Re Rashica you seem to be off point....AvfcRigo82 detailed all the reports on The Rashica thread on page 138 and WB want €25m

Watkins - given there seems to be quite a few clubs in for him, why would Brentford reduce their fee.

Benrahma the fee was closer to 30m from what I was seeing.

As for Celtic, yes their bargaining position may have been weakened but again there seems to be a number of interested parties who include Leicester in for him.

As for performance that is subjective and relates to every individual deal and again why would clubs who have multiple interested parties take potentially non-guaranteed money.  None guaranteed money would attach a premium so if we didn’t want to pay 40m it’s more likely we’d pay 37m with 5m performance related so we end up paying more.

It’s a buyers market? You’re not understanding supply and demand.  Yes the pandemic has caused problems but when you have multiple buyers for one product, it’s favouring the seller.

The teams competing for Watkins and Benrahma are almost exclusively promoted sides. None of them can really afford to be embroiled in a bidding war. This one of the reasons why no team has bid for them yet.

The articles that came out yesterday detailed Bremen wanting 20m euros. 

Leicester probably want to sell ihenacho to get Edouard and Vardy just signed a anew deal. So I'm not convinced by Leicester's reported interest.

What we are talking about is perspectives, as all these fees are speculation. I find most fees end up in reality to be less than what gets reported, particularly when compared to earlier speculation.

But hey I'm in lala land! 

20 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

I heard that several extra (as yet unaccounted for) chairs have been 'prepared' for the press conferance, so might not be just him.

Oh yeah? Are we "poised" to fill them?

I wonder who'll be "testing their resolve" 🤔

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Oh yeah? Are we "poised" to fill them?

I wonder who'll be "testing their resolve" 🤔

Well, we have 'lodged' a lot of bids so it's possible. 3 alone in the 'raid' on Brentford. As yet though i think the 'warchest' is burning a hole in our pocket.

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

I said that because you added everything up to £100million. I've seen this number a few times, but it just came from the Sunday Mirror. Maybe you weren't doing that, but then why did you decide we had that much to spend?

I had seen that figure banded about on twitter but didn't know who it came from. Plus, I assumed that we would spend something like that anyway based on the fact we spent the revenue in advance of getting it last season and the officials of the club have said they don't want another struggle like last season - you don't avoid that by spending pocket money. 

• Like 1

I'm very patient and have no problem staying the course, but this lack of activity is starting to grow on me...  It means one of a few things:

• We're either trying our best to go after targets previously though of as "unrealistic" (Rashica, McKennie, Edouard, etc.)
  • Clubs are trying to rob us with hilariously overpriced fees for their players (Watkins, Benrahma, etc.)
  • We're holding off until deals start flying later on in the window to see how much player availability changes.
  • Like 1

Could well be and your year would be spot on from my memory although i thought it was when we signed Harewood, although i could be wrong. Someone came up to me in the office, a fellow Villa fan, getting all excited and i was taken in a little as well. Anyway, i thought it was quite creative and always remember it as probably being the most amusing bit of transfer BS i'd heard and as you can see i still joke about it now.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I get that you are impatient, but this is all conjecture, and we have no idea who we may have been interested in or been anywhere close to signing them.

Let's not castigate the club when we don't know at this stage what moves they have made in the transfer market.

Fair enough but the thing is we'll never know what exactly went on unless the player in question speaks out.

It has been pretty common knowledge we are/were interested in both players and they represent(ed) really good value for money. And now we will probably overpay on someone else not as good so there you go.

Ah shit we did not get Eze, would have been one of the first names on my shipping list. Will be amazing in 2 years time.

Got a feeling that this window will be a huge dissapointment and next season a struggle.

• Like 1

Just now, vazquez said:

Ah shit we did not get Eze, would have been one of the first names on my shipping list. Will be amazing in 2 years time.

Got a feeling that this window will be a huge dissapointment and next season a struggle.

Lansbury and kalinic would be the first names on my shipping list.

48 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

The teams competing for Watkins and Benrahma are almost exclusively promoted sides. None of them can really afford to be embroiled in a bidding war. This one of the reasons why no team has bid for them yet.

The articles that came out yesterday detailed Bremen wanting 20m euros. 

Leicester probably want to sell ihenacho to get Edouard and Vardy just signed a anew deal. So I'm not convinced by Leicester's reported interest.

What we are talking about is perspectives, as all these fees are speculation. I find most fees end up in reality to be less than what gets reported, particularly when compared to earlier speculation.

But hey I'm in lala land! 

Enjoy lala land!