Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Eze money if you can get it

The last thing Palace needed was another attacking nidfielder. I suppose they will be selling 1 or 2 then. They're unbalanced and if the last half of last season is anything to go by, in real danger of dropping like a stone.

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

By pissing the money up the wall its not to say that those players arn't world class, but they are fortunate to be in a position where they just pay the asking fee without haggling at all. Hence why their deals have been done faster than literally the entirety of the rest of the league. 

Looking at those fees I suspect they haggled to some degree. Leicester were asking over £50mil for Chilwell, Chelsea ended up paying £45mil. Werner also went for under £50mil and Ziyech was under £40mil which to me seems very good prices given how good those players are.

Of course Chelsea are rich but as I've said so are our owners. This should be a time of real excitement for us as a club. If quality is available at a price, you have to pay. I also think we need to review our wage structure because it is avery low and to get into that next tier of teams we have to pay more to some of the bigger name players. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They are a team challenging for the title 

We are challenging for 17th

Not really same mate

We're supposedly challenging for midtable next season, if you believe what the manager says.

And indeed we should be given our resources.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

I said during the lockdown that I can see loan-to-buy being the most common type of transfer this summer, at least until January when clubs will have a better idea of how the pandemic is playing out.  We probably do have more cash than most clubs but often the transfer market is a chain and if other moves go slowly then ours will too.

14 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Looking at those fees I suspect they haggled to some degree. Leicester were asking over £50mil for Chilwell, Chelsea ended up paying £45mil. Werner also went for under £50mil and Ziyech was under £40mil which to me seems very good prices given how good those players are.

Of course Chelsea are rich but as I've said so are our owners. This should be a time of real excitement for us as a club. If quality is available at a price, you have to pay. I also think we need to review our wage structure because it is avery low and to get into that next tier of teams we have to pay more to some of the bigger name players. 

Our wage structure is very dependent on being in the prem for multiple years.

Purslow said last season that only being back in the prem for 1 year severely limited their ability salary wise, and as each year in the prem went by that would allow the salary cap to increase quite a bit (I think the salary thing is over 3 years, so 2/3 years in the prem allows a higher base than 1/3).

We will see, hopefully we will see by the players we sign that we have a lot more movement in the salary department.

I hope......

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Positives:

1) Keeping Grealish and Douglas Luiz (so far)

2) Maintaining Premier League status 

3) Reduced wage bill

4) Academy rebuild 

5) Appointing Shakespeare 

6) Lange comes with a positive reputation but we shall see

7) No squad overhaul 

8 - no financial black hole like other clubs 

Cons:

1) Saturated transfer market due to wild spending of clubs like Chelsea 

2) It’s a pandemic

3) The unique transfer window period will make it harder to buy if clubs cannot find replacements 

4) Prolonged negotiations for players and lack of news means empty speculation and frustration (could fit into both) 

Several other clubs haven’t moved in the transfer market too (aside from free transfers). There’s still lots of time. Ignore the press speculation and Twitter ITKs. Stuff will happen. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Positives:

1) Keeping Grealish and Douglas Luiz (so far)

2) Maintaining Premier League status 

3) Reduced wage bill

4) Academy rebuild 

5) Appointing Shakespeare 

6) Lange comes with a positive reputation but we shall see

7) No squad overhaul 

8 - no financial black hole like other clubs 

Cons:

1) Saturated transfer market due to wild spending of clubs like Chelsea 

2) It’s a pandemic

3) The unique transfer window period will make it harder to buy if clubs cannot find replacements 

4) Prolonged negotiations for players and lack of news means empty speculation and frustration (could fit into both) 

Several other clubs haven’t moved in the transfer market too (aside from free transfers). There’s still lots of time. Ignore the press speculation and Twitter ITKs. Stuff will happen. 

A few weeks back it was reported there were only six PL clubs who hadn't added a player to their squad. Im guessing its less now. Still a fair way to go in the window - But to imply there is no movement from other clubs is no longer true IMO.

32 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

That's speculation not fact. Also Celtics bargaining position has been weakened by their champs league knockout. Also about 25% of the fee will be in performance and sell on clauses.  

In Rashica's case the info about 20m euros has probably been leak by either his agent or Bremen.

In Watkins case 25m is what Brentford appear to want. 18m is our position. Generally teams meet somewhere in the middle. 

Benrahma 25m is also what Brentfords position is.

Also as has been accepted its a buyers market.

Yours is also speculation not fact.  

Re Rashica you seem to be off point....AvfcRigo82 detailed all the reports on The Rashica thread on page 138 and WB want €25m

Watkins - given there seems to be quite a few clubs in for him, why would Brentford reduce their fee.

Benrahma the fee was closer to 30m from what I was seeing.

As for Celtic, yes their bargaining position may have been weakened but again there seems to be a number of interested parties who include Leicester in for him.

As for performance that is subjective and relates to every individual deal and again why would clubs who have multiple interested parties take potentially non-guaranteed money.  None guaranteed money would attach a premium so if we didn’t want to pay 40m it’s more likely we’d pay 37m with 5m performance related so we end up paying more.

It’s a buyers market? You’re not understanding supply and demand.  Yes the pandemic has caused problems but when you have multiple buyers for one product, it’s favouring the seller.

• Like 1

Watkins to be announced today by several ITK sources, allegedly.

Its come from  Reddit via Twitter.

More grist to the mill. As like you I have window malaise so now believe nothing I read anymore.

Egf2O-EUYAIMoxL.jpeg

Edited by thunderball

30 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Leeds?

unimpressed spongebob squarepants GIF

Exactly. Seriously people need to not worry about other terms transfer business. We’re going after who we want to go after, and so are they. If we miss out on players along the way, so be it, that’s why you plan for a number of different options. 

If someone came out and said we have tried for all of our targets and none of them want to come or we can’t agree a fee -  then I’d be concerned. 

• Like 1