Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair he might work out for them, who knows, we have a history of players doing reasonably ok after they leave us, Hogan might be one of those.

(by well i mean just not being super bad.......)

With less pressure at Bournemouth, he might rediscover some of his goal scoring touch (or he might not).

I think he already has. Or did at least. Not sure how well he did after lockdown. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

So what you’re saying is my choice is wingers to bring in is correct 🤓

You would need to combine a range of stays to create the player profile we are looking for. Being able to press high /tackle would be required in our system and a bit of pace necessary to play a more counter attacking style where need be. Just a few possible combos off the top of my head. 

21 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I just hope the new back room staff means we are developing and bringing in youth, taking a few gambles on untried players AND buying some proven talent. It feels for years our transfer tactics have been pretty limited and risky.

I'm sure the new staff have a portfolio of players ready to go who fit in with our new tactics 🧐

• Like 1

I’m happy to swap the current carefully though out (hopefully) approach with the excitement of Dr Tony’s emoji tweets. Much as it was exciting to anticipate the theme park and challenging Barca for world dominance, I quite like that we’re going about our business quietly. 

From Turkish news: Aston Villa is 12 M to Galatasaray for Christian Luyindama € He is preparing to make an offer. (Fanatic)

Translation a bit off. Wonder if the report is??

*edit* not heard of this player, anyone else?

Edited by AvonVillain

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

From Turkish news: Aston Villa is 12 M to Galatasaray for Christian Luyindama € He is preparing to make an offer. (Fanatic)

We were apparently in for him last season too. 

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

No idea if true buts it’s been a headline in Turkey on and off for 12 months, it clearly sells papers/attracts clicks if nothing else. 

Surprsed that more hasn't been said about the Max Aarons speculation, of all the players we've been linked to in the media that one would probably be the biggest signal of intent. Very highly rated and would be a big coup for us.

• Like 1