Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Except set pieces Wilson is pretty shit, scores flashy goals but offers very little else. Bournemouth fans were livid that Howe tried to fit him in the team every game

We already have Hourihane for this role 

Set pieces are very important so I see that as a bonus.  Goals scored whether flashy or not again I don't care as long as they are goals.

We have Hourihane for the role, but we can't just have him for it. What if he is injured, out of form or someone takes his place.

Gives us more options IMO.

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Set pieces are very important so I see that as a bonus.  Goals scored whether flashy or not again I don't care as long as they are goals.

We have Hourihane for the role, but we can't just have him for it. What if he is injured, out of form or someone takes his place.

Maybe but for a wide player he doesn't get assists, none last season and 4 in the Championship for Derby. For the 20 million Liverpool want, I would rather shop elsewhere 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Grealish can take set pieces too I think, they’re not as good as Hourihane’s set pieces but they’re still very good

Just now, Zatman said:

Maybe but for a wide player he doesn't get assists, none last season and 4 in the Championship for Derby. For the 20 million Liverpool want, I would rather shop elsewhere 

I’d love him here, he’ll just get better and better I think, Liverpool would be silly to let him go I think

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I'd rather sign a good player than one who can only take set-pieces.

Don't fancy H. Wilson at all.

• Like 3

Just now, Okonokos said:

Without his free kicks, Wilson is League 1 standard and I think he'll eventually end up there. The Bournemouth fans hate him. Dreadful player.

I couldn't believe how angry they were at him, obviously I think he played often because Liverpool charge you if dont play the loan players

Also Eddie had to impress his Liverpool buddies

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I couldn't believe how angry they were at him, obviously I think he played often because Liverpool charge you if dont play the loan players

Also Eddie had to impress his Liverpool buddies

I knew he was bad but the level of hatred from their fans still shocked me. I'd imagine that was it. Bournemouth has been such a poorly run club.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Speaking of Liverpool Grujic is available for 20 million and Lazio and Monchengladbach want him. We should try bid for him as not sure both clubs have the funds

YES

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Someone does it or gets close every year.

lukaku 16/17 25 everton

vardy 17/18 20 Leicester 

vardy 18/19 18 Leicester 

Ings and vardy this year

anyway what you aim for is a minimum of 12 and hopefully 15 plus with the back up getting near double figures 

Its not only how many you score, its when you score.

The best strikers, get one when you need one.

Some strikers boost their tally with penalties or just improve a winning score and some go on barren runs and then goals come like corporation buses......Its getting a player like above that is tricky.

That is why data can be misleading, if taken in too literally.....its just a filter IMO

Edited by TRO

27 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

I have been doing a bit of analysis on last years stats, I do quite a bit of data analysis for work and decided to see who the best young attacking players were last season.

An attacking players job is primary to create scoring chances and the best stats is 'shot created actions' or SCA per 90 i.e. their action leads to a shot.  I have adjusted it to allow for the fact not all teams have the ball for the same time.  The table below is quite interesting.  Shows best attacking players in the league 25 or under (at start of season) by my measure. 

It should come as no surprise to anyone Super Jack is the by far the best young attacking player in the league.  He is second on SCA90 and first on my adjusted SCA90.  Interesting SJM is pretty high up on the list showing why he was such a loss.  It terms of potential targets, Allan Saint-Maximin and Buendia are both really high up.  Both Deulofeu and Sarr would be quality additions and some potential cheaper options Dwight McNeil (if Burnley are broke and need the money), Ryan Fraser and Andreas Pereira (if united would sell for a decent price).  Interesting AEG is on the list so if probably worth keeping as a squad player.

image.png.a1a86f704f05b7af8447c283c00fd115.png

No disrespect.....but I am sceptical, not of your hard work, just the prospective conclusions.

In terms of my personal opinion of the players on that list, I am not sure what to think of it, and if that's data, not sure even more......just seeing the bottome 3 where they are is enough for me to put it down.

Harry Wilson is no improvement on what we already got out wide imo. Plus he’s got a face I want to slap so it’s a no from me. 

Edited by deeps

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's loads better than Trez or Anwar though. 

with respect, that's a shocking comparisson. it's like saying let's keep hogan cause he's a better goalscorer than davis...which is equally as true as your statement

i really hope we're shopping for better than wilson

edit: and i wouldn't say 'loads' better either. and not entirely convinced he's even better than trez

Edited by tomav84

I'm thinking there will be less action and at slightly reduced prices because of the risk covid poses on the season and maybe even seasons beyond.

I haven't followed the transactions so far (other than Villa), but has anyone noticed this kind of behaviour?