Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

4-3-3.com is saying we've made a bid for Mdune Obwanko from Sapphire Modern FC in the Zamibian Premier League

Never heard of him and it sounds like it’d be quite the step up for him.

Fear is the mind killer I guess. 

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Starting to feel like we've been had here... it would appear none of those, the club or player exist. lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I think Weston McKennie from Schalke would fit right in, but we seem to be one of the only Premier League clubs not linked with him. Southampton seem to be the frontrunners once the Højbjerg-to-Spurs deal goes through, but he's also recently been linked with Monaco because Niko Kovač is a fan.

Good, good player i got given few tickets by Man City .. a mate of mine has contacts at Man City last March so i went to Man City 7 - Schalke 0 match.

He was Schalke's best player on the night even at 7-0 he was trying make things happen. I thought what a good player with massive potential.

He played right back that game. First time i had seen him play.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

Surprised that more hasn't been said about the Max Aarons speculation, of all the players we've been linked to in the media that one would probably be the biggest signal of intent. Very highly rated and would be a big coup for us.

A right-back that in 40 appearances last season produced 1 assist and 0 goals. He was also a part of the worst defence in the league and you think he would be a big coup for us? Jesus Christ! I swear some of you actually want to make us worse. 

Even Elmo produced 3 assists and 3 goals and Guilbert 2 assists and 2 goals in less appearances than Aarons made last season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He's quite a prospect. His brother Kabali was banging them in for Nantes before the season was interrupted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

4-3-3.com is saying we've made a bid for Mdune Obwanko from Sapphire Modern FC in the Zamibian Premier League

Who? oh yeah you are making names up! no such player

For a start... would Mdune get a work permit ?  :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Who? oh yeah you are making names up! no such player

For a start... would Mdune get a work permit ?  :D

I started to feel a bit of a clown. Did my Googles and all.

Further more...the ZAM I BIAN Premier League?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Good, good player i got given few tickets by guy at Man City  that a mate of mine know's last March 12th 2019 after  i beat my stroke for game:- Man City 7 -  Schalke 0  in Champions League.

He was Schalke's best player on the night even at 7-0 he was trying make things happen. I thought what a good player with massive potential.

He played right back that game. First time i had seen him play.

That's really been a double-edged sword for him. One one hand, it shows his versatility and his value to the team. He's played just about every position on the pitch but goalkeeper over the past two seasons. They made room for him. But on the other hand, it means he hasn't had the opportunity to gain experience and hone his sensibilities in his preferred box-to-box role (when asked in a recent interview what his preferred position was, he didn't hesitate before saying, "Eight."). That means that his energy and industry sometimes trumps his judgment and he'll go bombing off to chase (and often win) a ball, leaving his area exposed. That'll come with training, consistency, and time. But I can say with confidence that his tenacity and grit would win people over while he worked on the fine tuning.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JamieZ said:

That's really been a double-edged sword for him. One one hand, it shows his versatility and his value to the team. He's played just about every position on the pitch but goalkeeper over the past two seasons. They made room for him. But on the other hand, it means he hasn't had the opportunity to gain experience and hone his sensibilities in his preferred box-to-box role (when asked in a recent interview what his preferred position was, he didn't hesitate before saying, "Eight."). That means that his energy and industry sometimes trumps his judgment and he'll go bombing off to chase (and often win) a ball, leaving his area exposed. That'll come with training, consistency, and time. But I can say with confidence that his tenacity and grit would win people over while he worked on the fine tuning.

A good friend of mine Josh is a scout at DC United (He's a massive DC United & Villa fan too) from Washington DC he was banging on to me about Weston 3 year's ago.

I watched him and agree with Josh.

McKennie is a talent. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

Judging Max Aaron's, a right-back, soley on his goals and assists is pretty dumb. He's one of the best young right-backs in the country, been linked to Liverpool, Spurs and Bayern Munich, and despite the lack of assists and goals last season looks very dangerous going forward with his pace. I'd be very surprised if we managed to get him, will probably end up at a better placed team than ourselves, so in that sense would be a big coup if we managed to sign him.

As for him making us worse, that's pretty dumb as well, has all the potential to achieve more in the game than any of our current right-backs have achieved.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd read somewhere last week or so that Bologna is offering him a spot in the first 11 right away. I don't think we can, or should, do that. So if that's going to be the deciding factor, good luck to the young man.

48 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I think almost as much as a goalscorer we need a strong, imposing midfielder. Someone who can rotate with Hourihane in matches that would require their physicality.

bang on.