Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Sarr is quality but 40m? Oof!

He does have a lot of potential. Probably the 2nd fastest player in the league (at least in terms of acceleration) and he is good on the ball but he also only got 4 and 5 one better than el ghazi in more games and more minutes. 

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

If Sarr is available for £40m I hope we go in for him. Think i'd rather Sarr at £40m than Benrahma at £30m. 

I think there’d be a lot of competition for both players, either of them would be great acquisitions

7 hours ago, useless said:

Judging Max Aaron's, a right-back, solely on his goals and assists is pretty dumb. He's one of the best young right-backs in the country, been linked to Liverpool, Spurs and Bayern Munich, and despite the lack of assists and goals last season looks very dangerous going forward with his pace.

As for him making us worse, that's pretty dumb as well, has all the potential to achieve more in the game than any of our current right-backs have achieved.

That's your opinion, which isn't factual. The link dropping is also hearsay, which is irrelevant. When we hammered Norwich (like pretty much every other team did) this guy looked very poor. 

Also, it's "dumb" for me to use his defensive and attacking stats, as a RB, to counter your post about him being a "coup" for us. Yet you do the same thing below, and solely use stats to back-up why Wilson, as you put it, is "a very good player." 

Posted Saturday at 22:14

Callum Wilson has scored 41 premier league goals in 106 games worth of premier league football in terms of minutes on the pitch, he's also provided an assist sixteen times in that period as well. There's a reason why he's been linked to the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd and that's because he's a very good player.

Posted 21 hours ago

His record is 41 goals and 16 assists in 9559 minutes of premier league football, if you divide 9559 by 90 it comes to just over 106 games worth of premier league football that he's played in terms of minutes on the pitch.

I see restlessness amongst us common folk is getting worse as these pages amass with no sign of any signings, wonder if today will bear any fruit from the tree of hope..

• Like 2

You don't use his defensive stats, you use Norwich's, that would be like looking at our defensive record and concluding from that that Mings must be a poor defender, also you can't judge how good of an attacker he is soley on his assist record. Also assists for a right-back aren't nearly as important as goals are to a striker, so not sure what I said about Callum Wilson has to do with anything.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I see restlessness amongst us common folk is getting worse as these pages amass with no sign of any signings, wonder if today will bear any fruit from the tree of hope..

I reckon the reason we haven’t got anyone in yet is because we’re not bothering with the low hanging fruit. Hopefully we’re going after players that are hard to get and that clubs aren’t just willing to hand over without a fight.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I reckon the reason we haven’t got anyone in yet is because we’re not bothering with the low hanging fruit. Hopefully we’re going after players that are hard to get and that clubs aren’t just willing to hand over without a fight.

I hope your right as I think that's what we should be doing rather than buying all these media suggested signings. I'd like to think we are going after some decent class signings who wont let you breath, take a second of breath, down your throat till the ball back in our possession, some real fast frantic ball getters is what we need. Also some truly pacey Wingers that live, feel the cross who know when to send it and when to drive in from the flank and make a good bit of mess for the opposition defence.

I feel those type of players we wont be getting at champ clubs, nor players from the top clubs in this league who are trying to sell last seasons players because they to are hunting for those abroad at the top clubs in europe. The next big signing, the next big name is what the like of Man utd, Chelsea, City and Liverpool are looking for, we to can go there and find them ourselves, we just have to be smart about it, one will come soon enough I'm sure of it.

Can only hope.

19 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

If we are, I fear we'll be waiting to the end of the window. Unless we throw insane wages at people, it's unlikely high-level players are going to have us as their first choice, considering where we finished and that we're not an established top-level team again yet. They'll eliminate their other options first and we'll get them if we're lucky and others drop out. It seems this has happened to us a fair amount, but I might be reading between the lines a bit and drawing the wrong conclusions. Anyway, I just don't think it's as simple as pay the money, sign the player.

If we want players in early, we're going to have to accept that they'll be Championship players or players from less-glamorous leagues. And there'll be a decent amount of haggling to be done too unless we want to stump up the asking price. It's going to take time—it's going to be really disruptive that the window is open to the end of October. This could really be a bumpy ride!

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

It's gone quiet on Sawiris buying a stake in Vitoria, seems like they're trying to invest in young talent playing in France, according to Get France News they're set to sign Lyle Foster, Tim Jabol, and Denis-Will Poha.