Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, TRO said:

No disrespect.....but I am sceptical, not of your hard work, just the prospective conclusions.

In terms of my personal opinion of the players on that list, I am not sure what to think of it, and if that's data, not sure even more......just seeing the bottome 3 where they are is enough for me to put it down.

The issue with this analysis it doesn't adjust for quality of the shot. For instance if I made a pass to the centre circle and the player took a shot it would count as 1 action, if I made a pass to the 6 yard box and the player scored it would only count as one action. The more interesting statistic in the cumn to me is goal creating actions per 90. Grealish is at 0.42 which is roughly 11th. Which puts him behind Fernandes, maximan, traore, silva, rashford martial. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

with respect, that's a shocking comparisson. it's like saying let's keep hogan cause he's a better goalscorer than davis...which is equally as true as your statement

i really hope we're shopping for better than wilson

edit: and i wouldn't say 'loads' better either. and not entirely convinced he's even better than trez

Sorry. 

For all this speculation about Benrahma, Sarr, Buendia, Harry Wilson, Eze, Deulofeu and so on, wouldn't suprise me at all if we went and signed a completely winger that hasn't even been mentioned or talked about yet.

Think players will be coming back from their holidays this week, so might start seeing some movement.

1 minute ago, useless said:

For all this speculation about Benrahma, Sarr, Buendia, Harry Wilson, Eze, Deulofeu and so on, wouldn't suprise me at all if we went and signed a completely winger that hasn't even been mentioned or talked about yet.

Think players will be coming back from their holidays this week, so might start seeing some movement.

Especially in the winger position. We need PL quality and proven good players would be nice, but I think being a foreigner coming into this league and handling the physique, pace, and temp of the PL, it's easier to do well on the wing opposed to other positions. 

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Especially in the winger position. We need PL quality and proven good players would be nice, but I think being a foreigner coming into this league and handling the physique, pace, and temp of the PL, it's easier to do well on the wing opposed to other positions. 

Why is it easier to do well on the wing opposed to other positions?

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The issue with this analysis it doesn't adjust for quality of the shot. For instance if I made a pass to the centre circle and the player took a shot it would count as 1 action, if I made a pass to the 6 yard box and the player scored it would only count as one action. The more interesting statistic in the cumn to me is goal creating actions per 90. Grealish is at 0.42 which is roughly 11th. Which puts him behind Fernandes, maximan, traore, silva, rashford martial. 

Fair point but the problem with GCA is you need a striker to actually finish!  If Jack was setting up Aguero or Vardy his GCA would be much higher as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, useless said:

I expect to see signings next week too across the league.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Which ones?

I think for Benrahma and Edouard their clubs will want more and I can't see anyone paying the fees you mentioned for all the players out.

El Ghazi - £12m

Samatta - £10m

Lansbury - £3m

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I think for Benrahma and Edouard their clubs will want more and I can't see anyone paying the fees you mentioned for all the players out.

El Ghazi - £12m

Samatta - £10m

Lansbury - £3m

Maybe not, but I can't imagine it'll be drastically different, maybe £3m-4m less for El Ghazi and Samatta and £1m-£2m less for Lansbury.

Edouard has already been linked with a £30m move to Leicester. I can't imagine Celtic will get more than that for him.

In terms of Benrahma, I guess I was just splitting the total cost of him and Watkins down the middle. Again, I can't see Brentford getting more than £50m for the pair.

Either way, it's all a bit of fun and I do enjoy a good debate about potential transfers. 🙂

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Buendia isn’t coming to us. Neither is Sarr. Benrahma is possible.

Buendia would fit the profile of a ‘type’ we are looking for very well. Not sure why you’re so definitive we wouldn’t get him, unless you think he’s too good for Villa? 

41 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Lansbury - £3m

we couldnt give Lansbury away.

Literally the only possible avenue to get rid of him before his contract expires, is to loan him out and pay the majority of his wages, i however dont think even this is viable due to his recent injury history.

I think he will be with us until his contract expires in mid 2021.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I went in a Bournemouth forum this morning. They were discussing the pros and cons of signing Scot Hogan. Every time this thread gets you down just remember how bad it could have been!

to be fair he might work out for them, who knows, we have a history of players doing reasonably ok after they leave us, Hogan might be one of those.

(by well i mean just not being super bad.......)

With less pressure at Bournemouth, he might rediscover some of his goal scoring touch (or he might not).

31 minutes ago, Awol said:

Buendia would fit the profile of a ‘type’ we are looking for very well. Not sure why you’re so definitive we wouldn’t get him, unless you think he’s too good for Villa? 

I haven’t seen him enough of him to know how good he is to be honest.  I’m just very confident we won’t be signing him. Would be happy to be wrong as I see he’s quite rated.