Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

48 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

I have been doing a bit of analysis on last years stats, I do quite a bit of data analysis for work and decided to see who the best young attacking players were last season.

An attacking players job is primary to create scoring chances and the best stats is 'shot created actions' or SCA per 90 i.e. their action leads to a shot.  I have adjusted it to allow for the fact not all teams have the ball for the same time.  The table below is quite interesting.  Shows best attacking players in the league 25 or under (at start of season) by my measure. 

It should come as no surprise to anyone Super Jack is the by far the best young attacking player in the league.  He is second on SCA90 and first on my adjusted SCA90.  Interesting SJM is pretty high up on the list showing why he was such a loss.  It terms of potential targets, Allan Saint-Maximin and Buendia are both really high up.  Both Deulofeu and Sarr would be quality additions and some potential cheaper options Dwight McNeil (if Burnley are broke and need the money), Ryan Fraser and Andreas Pereira (if united would sell for a decent price).  Interesting AEG is on the list so if probably worth keeping as a squad player.

image.png.a1a86f704f05b7af8447c283c00fd115.png

So what you’re saying is my choice is wingers to bring in is correct 🤓

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its not only how many you score, its when you score.

The best strikers, get one when you need one.

Some strikers boost their tally with penalties or just improve a winning score and some go on barren runs and then goals come like corporation buses......Its getting a player like above that is tricky.

That is why data can be misleading, if taken in too literally.....its just a filter IMO

I agree I’d like to see the stats of non penalty goals regularly used in the media as pens are almost free goals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm thinking there will be less action and at slightly reduced prices because of the risk covid poses on the season and maybe even seasons beyond.

I haven't followed the transactions so far (other than Villa), but has anyone noticed this kind of behaviour?

I'm not sure Covid is going to have that much of an affect with regards to prices. That said Covid will allow things to stay secret for longer because no one is travelling anywhere. All these deals are happening over Zoom calls in private.

While Covid is around we won't get many leaks where Benrahma, or Buendia is randomly spotted in Birmingham because he doesn't need to make that journey. 

11 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm thinking there will be less action and at slightly reduced prices because of the risk covid poses on the season and maybe even seasons beyond.

I haven't followed the transactions so far (other than Villa), but has anyone noticed this kind of behaviour?

Isn’t there a new tv deal this season boosting the revenue a bit? 

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

No disrespect.....but I am sceptical, not of your hard work, just the prospective conclusions.

In terms of my personal opinion of the players on that list, I am not sure what to think of it, and if that's data, not sure even more......just seeing the bottome 3 where they are is enough for me to put it down.

The bottom three are more goal scorers rather than pure chance creators.   If you were looking at strikers you would look more at chance conversion rate etc to rank.  Not suggesting AEG is better than Rashford 🤣

• Like 1

If we can bring in Benrahma, Buendia, Watkins and Edouard as attacking options our team would be so much better than last season.

IN

Benrahma - £25m

Watkins - £25m

Buendia - £20m

Edouard - £30m

Hickey - £2m

Santamaria - £13m (based on Leicester rumours)

Rodon - £10m

GK - Maybe use Hogan as part of a swap deal for Ramsdale.

TOTAL - £125m without GK.

OUT

El Ghazi - £12m

Samatta - £10m

Lansbury - £3m

TOTAL - £25m

Net Spend - £100m

So bored..

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF by Nickelodeon - Find & Share ...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Seriously? If that's true we need to be all over it.

The Mail (for all that’s worth) and a few other sources say £20m...  but it’s probably all paper talk. That amount of money barely registers as a risk these days.

24 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Seriously? If that's true we need to be all over it.

Their chairman said when they were relegated referring to their best few players they would entertain serious bids only and that starts at 20m so yes the price is true.

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we can bring in Benrahma, Buendia, Watkins and Edouard as attacking options our team would be so much better than last season.

IN

Benrahma - £25m

Watkins - £25m

Buendia - £20m

Edouard - £30m

Hickey - £2m

Santamaria - £13m (based on Leicester rumours)

Rodon - £10m

GK - Maybe use Hogan as part of a swap deal for Ramsdale.

TOTAL - £125m without GK.

OUT

El Ghazi - £12m

Samatta - £10m

Lansbury - £3m

TOTAL - £25m

Net Spend - £100m

So bored..

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF by Nickelodeon - Find & Share ...

No way are you getting those fees for those players 

• Like 1

Just to highlight how good Jack is, below is the same analysis but for Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga combined (Ligue 1 excluded because it is some way off in terms of quality).  He is second only to Lorenzo Pellegrini.  Starting to think £80m is too cheap..... 

There were not too many realistic names that jumped out to me.  Josip Brekalo (LW) is probably realistic as an alternative to Benrahma.   Samuel Chukwueze (RW) would be excellent but likely going to a champions league side.

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The Mail (for all that’s worth) and a few other sources say £20m...  but it’s probably all paper talk. That amount of money barely registers as a risk these days.

Are "these days" the same as before?

Financial markets are doing well so far, but real economy isn't. Will it have an effect on the player market? We'll see, but I think it might, and should. Risks have risen.

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Are "these days" the same as before?

Financial markets are doing well so far, but real economy isn't. Will it have an effect on the player market? We'll see, but I think it might, and should. Risks have risen.

Very good point.

13 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Ok, what about other revenues?

Obviously they will be down on what would have been expected but we all know the TV revenue is the majority of our total revenue so it shouldn’t be a major factor