Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Leon Bailey has changed agents to secure a prem move and his fee is now believe fo £25-£30 million ... Would  he be a better option than Benrhama for a similar fee?

EAB84673-48A1-4F55-9F59-EC94A271834F.jpeg

I've mentioned him a few times, dipped a bit since his peak about 2 years ago but he does have talent (and pace) and think he's more a target of mid sized teams rather than top ones so think he'd be seen as an ambitious signing by likes of us.

• Like 2

Watkins, Benrahma & Henry - 55m (ish?)

Beundia or Edouard - 30m/35m

CM - 30m (or 2 x c.15m?)

GK - Loan (if Heaton wont be back for season start)

total spend - 115m/120m.

thoughts?

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on what you've said, sound like it could possibly be an "Adama Traore job" for anyone who could get him settled.

I'm thinking he might be on big wages though, and questions over attitude?

He's definitely got potential, yes. I think he needs a run of games in a settled side as he seemed to struggle to get going last season after being used more as a sub.

He got sent off twice in 5 games last season for ridiculous things like slapping someone and kicking out. So maybe struggles with frustration and sees red. Think he's on about 70k per week so not too ridiculous. I think he's worth a gamble for someone at our level.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would sign up for that right now no problem.

Tammy the proven option and Watkins can adapt to the league out wide and without having the pressure of immediately having to be our goalscoring number 9 that really impacted on Wesley this time last year.

I'd be really surprised if we did any better than that and it's so important we get some sort of proven option upfront.

If we are going to use a loan slot it wouldn't be on Tammy. It would be on a top quality forward not getting game time at one of the top teams.

That aside Madrid might be looking to offload Jovic. He could be an excellent loan to buy if he is available. Apparently he already has a verbal contract with Monaco though. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

CM - 30m (or 2 x c.15m?)

total spend - 115m/120m.

thoughts?

Absolute madness. We need PL experience and quality above what we currently have. You don't go spending £ 120 million on championship/SPL/League one quality players. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's a Jamaican prodigy.... get it done....

(Although he's refused to pledge his allegiance). lol

If i'm honest the only real following I've done of him is headlines of him being a " Jamaican wonderkid " we were desperately trying to play for us (National team).

Signed him on Fifa for us and he gets up to 99 rating ( Best in the world).

Everythings been quiet on him for a while so I just assumed he wasn;'t fulfilling anywhere near the potential he was meant to have?

Freddy Adu esque?

He's way better than Adu who's high was playing about 2 games for Benfica.

Leon Bailey is a squad player at team who finished 4th in Bundesliga and could still win Europa league this season. To me that's the sort of club we should be buying players from rather than Belgium or the championship all the time.

Last season he wasn't great but still scored twice in their 2-1 win at Bayern Munich,  once in the 4-3 classic win at home to Dortmund and also at Leipzig so to me he excels in games where Leverkusen are under lots of pressure and need to counter attack quick. Not so good in games where they have control of the game and dominate possession.

We need far more threat on the counter attack so would improve us for sure. 23 tomorrow so still very young but has good level of experience.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

CM - 30m (or 2 x c.15m?)

total spend - 115m/120m.

I think we'll spend more on a CB than a CM. 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

CM - 30m (or 2 x c.15m?)

total spend - 115m/120m.

thoughts?

For me a RB is badly needed , Konsa was playing out of position to cover for us (did very well) , Elmo thought was great but he is in his 30s, Freddy was a bit hit and miss

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If we are going to use a loan slot it wouldn't be on Tammy. It would be on a top quality forward not getting game time at one of the top teams.

That aside Madrid might be looking to offload Jovic. He could be an excellent loan to buy if he is available. Apparently he already has a verbal contract with Monaco though. 

What happened to Slimani in the end, is he back at Leicester now?

Doubt we'll go back in for him but he did seem to be a target in January before Samatta signed.

I had my first pre-season game since lockdown today! 

Jarrod Bowen was doing some intensive work on the far end of the same field. So, I can confirm he's staying in shape during the summer but didn't get chance to ask him to come to Villa!! 

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

I had my first pre-season game since lockdown today! 

Jarrod Bowen was doing some intensive work on the far end of the same field. So, I can confirm he's staying in shape during the summer but didn't get chance to ask him to come to Villa!! 

Would love us to sign him, but with West Ham staying up I can’t see them selling him.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What happened to Slimani in the end, is he back at Leicester now?

Doubt we'll go back in for him but he did seem to be a target in January before Samatta signed.

The Leicester fans at work were adamant he would be an atrocious buy when those rumours were circulating, said he's nowhere near Prem quality.

11 minutes ago, pete101 said:

For me a RB is badly needed , Konsa was playing out of position to cover for us (did very well) , Elmo thought was great but he is in his 30s, Freddy was a bit hit and miss

ye, could prob do with a LB & RB to challenge.

Just now, danceoftheshamen said:

The Leicester fans at work were adamant he would be an atrocious buy when those rumours were circulating, said he's nowhere near Prem quality.

He's scored a good number of goals in other euro leagues, 9 for Monaco up to early March last season. Just didn't work out for him at Leicester, same for Kramaric and that Musa guy they signed at the same time. Suspect Leicester will sell him for a couple of million to another euro team anyway.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

CM - 30m (or 2 x c.15m?)

total spend - 115m/120m.

thoughts?

I don't think replacing Targett is as necessary as replacing Guilbert. I personally think he is woeful. Clumsy in possession. Positionally looks lost and he looks knackered trying to get back if he loses the ball up field and he has to get back. Maybe another pre season is needed. I don't think there is huge scope for improvement in him though.

I know we’ve been over this, but I think the priorities are:

1st Striker (Watkins?)

2nd Winger/Attacking mids x2 (preferably) 

3rd LB - ideally better than Targett (but I think he is fine for us), or at least better than Taylor.

4th RB - I do like Elmo but he isn’t getting any younger. 

Edited by alreadyexists

I would look to add 6-8 players this window:

RB: Aarons 20m

RCB: Smalling or Stones 20m

Def Mid: Ampadu (Loan) or Doucoure or Billing 10m

Mid: Hughes or Swift 5m

Wide Forward: Benrahma 25m and R. Sessegnon (Loan)

C Forward: Watkins 20m and Grant or Wilson 10m  

Approx 110m total spend.   

Sell/release/loan approx 6-7 players: Kalanic, Chester, Jota, Trez, Lansbury, Samatta or Wesley

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I would look to add 6-8 players this window:

RB: Aarons 20m

RCB: Smalling or Stones 20m

Def Mid: Ampadu (Loan) or Doucoure or Billing 10m

Mid: Hughes or Swift 5m

Wide Forward: Benrahma 25m and R. Sessegnon (Loan)

C Forward: Watkins 20m and Grant or Wilson 10m  

Approx 110m total spend.   

Sell/release/loan approx 6-7 players: Kalanic, Chester, Jota, Trez, Lansbury, Samatta or Wesley

I think you'd do well to get Hughes for £5m. Think he would be a good signing but will go for more than that.