Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, thabucks said:

Leon Bailey has changed agents to secure a prem move and his fee is now believe fo £25-£30 million ... Would  he be a better option than Benrhama for a similar fee?

Not sure. He's a good player but very inconsistent. Questionable temperament too as he got 2 straight red cards this season. I think for around about £20m, I'd take the risk on him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Not sure. He's a good player but very inconsistent. Questionable temperament too as he got 2 straight red cards this season. I think for around about £20m, I'd take the risk on him.

Is he better than what we've got,  if so get him in.   Having said that f#%$ing Stevie Wonder would be an upgrade.

kind GIF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Is he better than what we've got,  if so get him in.   Having said that f#%$ing Stevie Wonder would be an upgrade.

kind GIF

He's definitely better than Trezeguet and El Ghazi. I'd be happy enough if we signed him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He's a Jamaican prodigy.... get it done....

(Although he's refused to pledge his allegiance). lol

If i'm honest the only real following I've done of him is headlines of him being a " Jamaican wonderkid " we were desperately trying to play for us (National team).

Signed him on Fifa for us and he gets up to 99 rating ( Best in the world).

Everythings been quiet on him for a while so I just assumed he wasn;'t fulfilling anywhere near the potential he was meant to have?

Freddy Adu esque?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If i'm honest the only real following I've done of him is headlines of him being a " Jamaican wonderkid " we were desperately trying to play for us (National team).

Everythings been quiet on him for a while so I just assumed he wasn;'t fulfilling anywhere near the potential he was meant to have?

Freddy Adu esque?

Hasnt he refused call up over something stupid as well. I think he wants a brother or a cousin to get a call up as well 

Friend saw him live and said he was dreadful that day

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Freddy Adu esque?

you mean we think he's 21 but he's actually 51???

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Freddy Adu esque?

Living in the Caribbean I’d love for us to sign a Caribbean player! Might be able to convince some friends to support Villa...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Barcelona's Rafinha (linked to Everton and Wolves) has a 14.5m release clause. Let's get Dougie Luiz and Wesley speaking persuasive Portuguese!

Would be an unbelievable signing but his wages would probably be too high. 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I would like Deulofeu if we’re getting Watford midfield players... but I think he’s injured so couldn’t pass a medical and would likely be £25m(?) which is a lot to spend when he might not be there for the start of the season and/or fully recover. 

deulofeu GIF by nss sports

Yes please!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Been very impressed with the business Brighton are doing. Lallana on a free and Joel Veltman for under a million quid . Some business. 

I used to really like Lallana, but he is more injury than man these days.

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Freddy Adu esque?

I remember signing him on FIFA too back when he played for Genk. I think they overrated him a bit back then. He's good but nowhere near that good.

He didn't play as often this season as he seems to have fallen down the pecking order behind Moussa Diaby. I think Bailey seems very erratic and unpredictable and I'm not sure how he'd adjust to the PL.

He is very quick, which we need and a good dribbler but often goes missing and I'm not sure about his end product. I can't believe he's still only 22 though so plenty of time to improve. I'd take him if we can. He could be great for us or terrible but chances are he'll be better than what we've already got.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Spot on - this is also why I believe we need to be keeping Keinan around, that is his role, as long as we have wingers and midfielders who want to get forward we'll need that type of striker. Might not score bags of goals, the stats might not look great either, but watching the game you can see how this type of player can influence the entirety of how a team plays - Keinan is actually really, really good at it. If anything it is the one "type" of striker that we don't need to invest in because we have a perfectly capable player already.

Except wesley is better than him at it. It only works if the striker is a threat even if he isn't a big threat. He occupies the cbs and drops deep and creates space. That doesn't work if the cb is happy to leave you alone. 

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I remember signing him on FIFA too back when he played for Genk. I think they overrated him a bit back then. He's good but nowhere near that good.

He didn't play as often this season as he seems to have fallen down the pecking order behind Moussa Diaby. I think Bailey seems very erratic and unpredictable and I'm not sure how he'd adjust to the PL.

He is very quick, which we need and a good dribbler but often goes missing and I'm not sure about his end product. I can't believe he's still only 22 though so plenty of time to improve. I'd take him if we can. He could be great for us or terrible but chances are he'll be better than what we've already got.

Based on what you've said, sound like it could possibly be an "Adama Traore job" for anyone who could get him settled.

I'm thinking he might be on big wages though, and questions over attitude?