Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Starting to wonder if we are looking for a LW to enable us to move Jack back into CM.

Ramsey's emergence may also have changed the clubs mind, he's a great option.

Ideal scenario for me would be a left winger/striker as the signing, then a loan of either Barkley or Loftus-Cheek with an option to buy.

Yeah, we need that too. Along with a LB and a CB and maybe a attacker and absolutely a CM :D 

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

yeah i'd say ciprien is more for our box to box midfield role and rashica is for the wing. with the links to barkley etc it sounds like CM is a priority. and considering we're an injury away from Lansbury starting a PL game, it's probably right that we're looking to strengthen here

That really does concern me, he seems a decent bloke but we need much much better on the bench.

So maybe Rashica/Sarr and Barkley/RLC for now & then review the squad in Jan and go for a CB and possibly a LB, we still have players to offload too.

We need to get Engels fit & involved as an injury/suspension  to Konsa or Mings will really damage us. Hause always concerns me and we need another CB to cover.

I don’t think it’s a viable option but how did Elmo do at CB? I guess he wasn’t that tested but he is decent in the air, can he fill in adequately?

My reading of those quotes is that we are one short in the squad, being a backup striker to compete with Davis now Samatta is gone, and the midfield line is interesting, I think this is more in the context of the team rather than the squad? In which case maybe that's our priority, to improve the midfield of the first 11 and maybe need to shift a midfielder to make room

• Like 1

Seems like a central midfielder is a dead cert. Who is the other question. 

The forward line is an interesting one, do we sign a backup striker knowing they won't be a guaranteed starter? Or sign an inside forward who can also play centre forward knowing we have traore who can also play up there? Interesting couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

My reading of those quotes is that we are one short in the squad, being a backup striker to compete with Davis now Samatta is gone, and the midfield line is interesting, I think this is more in the context of the team rather than the squad? In which case maybe that's our priority, to improve the midfield of the first 11 and maybe need to shift a midfielder to make room

My reading of Dean, I don’t bother. He’s never going to tell us, he’ll state some obvious/teasers but nothing else. We may sign one, we might sign four.  I don’t take anything from what he says at this stage of the window.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My reading of Dean, I don’t bother. He’s never going to tell us, he’ll state some obvious/teasers but nothing else. We may sign one, we might sign four.  I don’t take anything from what he says at this stage of the window.

I Hope Please GIF

so Deano has implied we are looking for a midfielder and a forward.

hopefully it will be 1 from Barkley/Loftus-Cheek (loan 2 buy?), and 1 from Rashica/Buendia/Benrahma/Sarr.

I also liked what he said about Traore, mentioned taking the pressure off Jack, thats good......i was worried he might bench Traore for a while out of some misguided honourbru for Trez......i hope not, we need our best 11 on the pitch regardless of "player X deserves Y because of last season"

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Seems like a central midfielder is a dead cert. Who is the other question. 

The forward line is an interesting one, do we sign a backup striker knowing they won't be a guaranteed starter? Or sign an inside forward who can also play centre forward knowing we have traore who can also play up there? Interesting couple of weeks. 

Looks like it. I would have preferred 3 - CM, LW and ST but I imagine FFP wages will restrict this to 2; CM and ST/LW. 

I think the ST will also have experience in playing wide so someone like King maybe. CM will be a permanent signing imo and then dependant in outgoings maybe a loan towards end of window with patent club heavily subsidising wages. 

Interesting days ahead 👍

8 minutes ago, deeps said:

I am worried with the quotes myself. Getting horrible flash backs to last summer. 

In what way? We have improved the starting eleven and we have cover in all positions. Yes, we could be stronger depth wise but we can't do everything in one window with FFP and budget limits. 

We are stronger as a team than we were this time last year. 

On Sky Smith says  “we need a midfielder and an attacker ,we will see if there is someone who can fulfill both roles and hopefully we might get one more in”

So , Smith seems to be thinking only one more coming in .... and a couple out .

true we shouldn’t finish 17th but we aren’t going to be causing Burnley any sleepless nights in pipping them to 10th this season either  .. resigned to watching Hourihane, Trez and El Ghazi in our starting 11 at numerous points this season , when I had dreams of them being given the odd 10 mins here and there .

Disappointed all in all if it proves to be the case 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On the transfer window…

“We’re always looking in the market, we’re probably one short in the squad at the moment so we’ll keep looking at that.

“Things change very quickly in football.

“I think there’s seven days left until the window shuts internationally, another seven days domestically.

“Our sporting director at the moment has got his finger on the pulse, hopefully we might get one more in and maybe a couple more out.

“There’s a number of positions, obviously Ally (Samatta) going out, you look at the forward line, but also midfield as well.

“We’ll see if there’s one who can fit both for us.”

very interesting, "we will see if there is one who can fit both for us"..........

so a player who can play midfield and in the forward line, wonder who would cover both bases?, probably looking at Barkley or RLC then?

Edited by MaVilla

6 minutes ago, picicata said:

In what way? We have improved the starting eleven and we have cover in all positions. Yes, we could be stronger depth wise but we can't do everything in one window with FFP and budget limits. 

We are stronger as a team than we were this time last year. 

I'm also confused. I echo everything you said