Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

If the links to Wylan Ciprien are true it certainly suggests the Rashica chase is well and truly over. However, Ciprien looks like he can do a bit of everything in midfield so looks like he'd a big help to Dougie and McGinn in there. 

Dare I say it that he looks like he could play the McGinn role if we had a more attacking central midfielder? 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What more do we need guys? And, what do you think we will actually get? 

We have signed:

Martinez - Looks an upgrade on what we had but time will tell. Already gained us 2 points? 

Cash - Looks a great crosser of the ball. Early days to say whether he's an upgrade as he hasn't been tested defensively yet. 

Traore - Scored a belter but time will tell if he's an upgrade on Trez and/or El Ghazi. 

Watkins - Looks to be an upgrade in the striker dept but, the league is his bread and butter so needs to score at level to show he's an upgrade on what we have already. I have confidence in him to do so. 

Is this enough? 

Who steps in to create things if Grealish is suspended or injured? 

Who steps in if McGinn is out of form, suspended or injured? 

If Engels is crocked or out of favour, who steps in if Konsa is out of form, suspended or injured? 

For me, they're the three key areas now. A creative midfielder (really need to make Rashica happen) followed by a CB if Engels has lost the plot and then a CM who can go box to box (is it too early for Ramsey?). 

I was very sceptical at first, admittedly from YouTube videos, that he was a ball hog that doesn't pass but holy shit some of his pass and move stuff was sick and he's supposedly not even up to speed fitness wise. I think this guy is going to be an absolute baller

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would say there is, but while his thread is locked then we don't know.

C'mon! Spill the beans. This is the transfer speculation thread. Surely, any news you have is transfer speculation? Rigo? Rigo!?!?!

52 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Right. Quick hypothetical question. If you had the power to sign one ex-villa player this window. And you got them in their absolute prime. Who would it be? And why would they fit into this current team?

Maradona, excellent backup for Jack

20 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

If the links to Wylan Ciprien are true it certainly suggests the Rashica chase is well and truly over. However, Ciprien looks like he can do a bit of everything in midfield so looks like he'd a big help to Dougie and McGinn in there. 

Dare I say it that he looks like he could play the McGinn role if we had a more attacking central midfielder? 

yeah i'd say ciprien is more for our box to box midfield role and rashica is for the wing. with the links to barkley etc it sounds like CM is a priority. and considering we're an injury away from Lansbury starting a PL game, it's probably right that we're looking to strengthen here

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

How on earth and why on earth can't we pick up players like this for those amounts. Baptise Santamaria £9m too. Proof that big money is not needed to build a decent squad.

I think its because when you are a top team playing in the champions leagues players are dying to sign for you and will push moves through from their end and refuse to accept moves elsewhere. Until we are more established team we will need to pay over the odds for players that would in reality just as happily sign for Southampton or Crystal Palace, which strengthens their clubs bargaining position and drives the price up. This is why Chelsea can get Werner for just £45m. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I think its because when you are a top team playing in the champions leagues players are dying to sign for you and will push moves through from their end and refuse to accept moves elsewhere. Until we are more established team we will need to pay over the odds for players that would in reality just as happily sign for Southampton or Crystal Palace, which strengthens their clubs bargaining position and drives the price up. This is why Chelsea can get Werner for just £45m. 

Freiburg'? I don't think they're a top club. And PSV will be home before they stop dropping salt on the roads.

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

That’s the worst player vid I’ve ever seen, especially the start! 😂

Didn’t really flatter the player but I’m sure he’s much better than shown here. 😆

Dont worry I thought the same😂 ive seen Cyprien play a few times after signing him on PES 19 😂...hes the equivalent to lets say a James McCarthy in the Premier League .. but Ligue 1 will make him look more Wijnaldum 👀. Not writing him off however but id prefer Barkley or RLC anyday as the step up for a CM from that league is enormous. I get horrible flashbacks to 2015-16 when i see players coming from ligue 1 😕 

• Like 1

The €45m for Werner was a buy out clause triggered and I don't think the actual transfer fee changes much if we compared to a bigger club is bidding. The willingness of the player to sign for us and the contract they are demanding will thou. 

Werner was never going to sign for us no matter what, nor is someone like Thomas Partey even if we triggered his €50m release clause from Atletico.

Same with someone like Christian Eriksen who is available for as little as €20m from Inter. 

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I get horrible flashbacks to 2015-16 when i see players coming from ligue 1 😕 

And even more horrible flashbacks, is that all the ligue 1 players we signed were at least decent, and a couple were actually very very good players.

But......we ruined all of them until they moved on (except Gana)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

And even more horrible flashbacks, is that all the ligue 1 players we signed were at least decent, and a couple were actually very very good players.

But......we ruined all of them until they moved on (except Gana)

Bring him home:

image.jpeg.63f1667b65a3b6b0e309792c3944ecd5.jpeg

• Like 2