Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Do we need an Ashley Westwood type?

A good version of him would be handy. Someone dynamic and aggressive, rather than a midfielder who just points a lot. I’m not saying Cyprien would be the guy, but that’s what our midfield and team in general lacked last season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Hasn't this cyprien dude had a major ACL injury. If we are in for him then surely Ibrahim Sangare would be a cheaper but better buy? 

Yeah he's had a lot of bad luck with injuries, was a huge talent before that. Could still be a great signing if he can stay fit.

As for Sangare I agree he'd be a smashing signing. And with Toulouse relegated he's surely available. Toulouse has some interesting young players although they seem to be struggling as a team atm.

• Like 1

Ibrahim Sangaré at Toulouse 2019/20 – scout report

Sitting 20th in the table with just 13 points out of 20 games, having scored the least number of goals (22), and conceded the greatest number of goals (58), it is a no-brainer that Toulouse was the worst team in Ligue 1 during the 2019/20 season. Three different head coaches had managed the team during the course of the previous season which indicates the poor state of things at the club.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/competitions/ligue-1/ibrahim-sangare-at-toulouse-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Scout report on Ibrahim Sangare. We should definitely be in for him. I wonder what @Villain4Life thinks about him? He's imo a good player. It'll be a travesty if Southampton get him.

Edited by Sulberto21

It seems to me that for every signing we've made, we have before announcing the signing been linked to alternative players in the very same position.

For Barkley see Cyprien. 

For Martinez see Romero.

For Watkins see Wilson. 

For Rashica I'm sure there was one, though we actually never ended up signing Rashica haha. King?

For Cash see Trippier. 

For Traore, see Thauvin.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It seems to me that for every signing we've made, we have before announcing the signing been linked to alternative players in the very same position.

For Barkley see Cyprien. 

For Martinez see Romero.

For Watkins see Wilson. 

For Rashica I'm sure there was one, though we actually never ended up signing Rashica haha. King?

For Cash see Trippier. 

For Traore, see Thauvin.

Probably going to be for Cyprien see Barkley. Cant see the latter signing for us.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Right. Quick hypothetical question. If you had the power to sign one ex-villa player this window. And you got them in their absolute prime. Who would it be? And why would they fit into this current team?

James Milner 

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Sangare off to PSV for €9m.

Absolute bargain.

Bugger. Only reason I can see us not going for him is he’d be competing with Luiz for a start in the DCM role if we’re playing 4-3-3. 

What more do we need guys? And, what do you think we will actually get? 

We have signed:

Martinez - Looks an upgrade on what we had but time will tell. Already gained us 2 points? 

Cash - Looks a great crosser of the ball. Early days to say whether he's an upgrade as he hasn't been tested defensively yet. 

Traore - Scored a belter but time will tell if he's an upgrade on Trez and/or El Ghazi. 

Watkins - Looks to be an upgrade in the striker dept but, the league is his bread and butter so needs to score at level to show he's an upgrade on what we have already. I have confidence in him to do so. 

Is this enough? 

Who steps in to create things if Grealish is suspended or injured? 

Who steps in if McGinn is out of form, suspended or injured? 

If Engels is crocked or out of favour, who steps in if Konsa is out of form, suspended or injured? 

For me, they're the three key areas now. A creative midfielder (really need to make Rashica happen) followed by a CB if Engels has lost the plot and then a CM who can go box to box (is it too early for Ramsey?). 

19 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Right. Quick hypothetical question. If you had the power to sign one ex-villa player this window. And you got them in their absolute prime. Who would it be? And why would they fit into this current team?

Gotta be Dwight Yorke. Best player i’ve ever seen play for the villa in person. Would give us dynamism, trickery and finishing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Sangare off to PSV for €9m.

Absolute bargain.

How on earth and why on earth can't we pick up players like this for those amounts. Baptise Santamaria £9m too. Proof that big money is not needed to build a decent squad.

• Like 1