Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We need a quality set piece taker... Jack wins so many fouls and we rarely take advantage. Someone who can score & create from free kicks (but also play) & take a decent corner would be a huge asset...

It’s one of the few weakness of Jack’s game and we need to get him away from them. Conor doesn’t contribute much beyond free kicks either and should consistently be a sub.

Edited by Jas10

34 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Dont worry I thought the same😂 ive seen Cyprien play a few times after signing him on PES 19 😂...hes the equivalent to lets say a James McCarthy in the Premier League .. but Ligue 1 will make him look more Wijnaldum 👀. Not writing him off however but id prefer Barkley or RLC anyday as the step up for a CM from that league is enormous. I get horrible flashbacks to 2015-16 when i see players coming from ligue 1 😕 

I watched a YouTube video compilation of him and his goals were all scored past 'keeper's that were weaker than my piss. They were like ghosts - everything seemed to go through them. 

32 minutes ago, sne said:

The €45m for Werner was a buy out clause triggered and I don't think the actual transfer fee changes much if we compared to a bigger club is bidding. The willingness of the player to sign for us and the contract they are demanding will thou. 

Werner was never going to sign for us no matter what, nor is someone like Thomas Partey even if we triggered his €50m release clause from Atletico.

Same with someone like Christian Eriksen who is available for as little as €20m from Inter. 

€45m was the release clause but why wasn’t there more interest from multiple clubs at this cut price (which would drive the price up?) I think it’s probably because Werner was pushing hard for the move the Chelsea and Chelsea alone and he had enough credit at the club for them to allow this. If he had been more open to several clubs It’s likely a bidding war would have started which would Have driven the price up. This is the situation Villa often find themselves in. 

Take Ollie Watkins; reports suggest that spurs were also bidding for him but they weren't willing to match Villa’s transfer fee, which many have said was over inflated. If spurs had bid the same transfer fee I think it’s likely that Watkins would have chosen spurs instead, which is why we had to price them out of the competition.

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

€45m was the release clause but why wasn’t there more interest from multiple clubs at this cut price (which would drive the price up?) I think it’s probably because Werner was pushing hard for the move the Chelsea and Chelsea alone and he had enough credit at the club for them to allow this. If he had been more open to several clubs It’s likely a bidding war would have started which would Have driven the price up. This is the situation Villa often find themselves in. 

Take Ollie Watkins; reports suggest that spurs were also bidding for him but they weren't willing to match Villa’s transfer fee, which many have said was over inflated. If spurs had bid the same transfer fee I think it’s likely that Watkins would have chosen spurs instead, which is why we had to price them out of the competition.

Nobody will ever bid above a release fee, there is no reason to, you gain no advantage. Hence there is never a 'bidding war' on any player who has one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Why would anyone pay more than the release clause? It's a set fee. 

His agent and the player could of course push their luck and force the buying clubs to get as good a deal as possible but the transfer fee would be the same.

Apparently Smith has said we are only going to be adding one more player. (This is from Twitter, I haven't managed to find the actual interview yet)

If this is true then where are we needing to strengthen?

I was hoping for a centre midfielder and a winger/striker. Possibly being greedy though as we have had a great window so far.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Apparently Smith has said we are only going to be adding one more player. (This is from Twitter, I haven't managed to find the actual interview yet)

I was hoping for a centre midfielder and a winger/striker. Possibly being greedy though as we have had a great window so far.

Has to be CM hopefully. But I hope it's just Twatter nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Why would multiple bids drive the price up, everyone would just pay the release fee. 
Liverpool wanted him and he wanted to go to Liverpool. But Liverpool wouldn’t pay the fee in one. 

Can't see it myself. I expect one more forward player and a CM to come in.

• Like 1

If we are only signing one more player, I think it needs to be a midfielder (barkley or rlc), imo.

That would be a loan though?, does he mean only one more player for money?, or only 1 more player of any type?

Just now, sne said:

Has to be CM hopefully. But I hope it's just Twatter nonsense. 

Starting to wonder if we are looking for a LW to enable us to move Jack back into CM.

Ramsey's emergence may also have changed the clubs mind, he's a great option.

Ideal scenario for me would be a left winger/striker as the signing, then a loan of either Barkley or Loftus-Cheek with an option to buy.

• Like 2